Disclosing information to buy an mt4 indicator

Hi Folks,

I am a new bee here in regards to everything forex and planning to buy a MT4 forex indicator online. For this purpose the seller wants me to disclose my broker name/ mt4 account number/ name, to register the software I am buying.  Do you think I should disclose this info. What am I loosing here in terms of the said software? Would I be able to see the source code of the indicator?  Please help. Thanks a lot.

NO.

Marco vd Heijden:
NO.

Hi Marco,

Appreciate your reply. Would you be able to elaborate more on your reply please?  

The seller has a history and seems honest. I wouldn't mind if he wants to lock it against my account just to prevent me from reselling or something.

What else am I losing here?

Cheers,

Forexhound

forexhound1:

Hi Marco,

Appreciate your reply. Would you be able to elaborate more on your reply please?  

The seller has a history and seems honest. I wouldn't mind if he wants to lock it against my account just to prevent me from reselling or something.

What else am I losing here?

Cheers,

Forexhound

It's against the Market rules to link a product (indicator or anything else) to a account/broker (you can't resell it or modify it). If it's outside the Market, then you have to find an agreement with the seller.

Alain Verleyen:
It's against the Market rules to link a product (indicator or anything else) to a account/broker (you can't resell it or modify it). If it's outside the Market, then you have to find an agreement with the seller.
Thank you Alain. How about the source code of the indicator? Would I be able to read the source code ? I am guessing he would only be sending me the binary file to install it.

forexhound1:

Hi Folks,

I am a new bee here in regards to everything forex and planning to buy a MT4 forex indicator online. For this purpose the seller wants me to disclose my broker name/ mt4 account number/ name, to register the software I am buying.  Do you think I should disclose this info. What am I loosing here in terms of the said software? Would I be able to see the source code of the indicator?  Please help. Thanks a lot.

Hi, you can discuss with the seller. Maybe he will not give you the source file, he will give you ex4 file which you never can read the code.

Another point: Why he is asking your account details? Ask him. Probably he will give you that indicator only for the submitted account, that means, you never can use that in your another account. Suppose, you are now working with xx broker, but after few days you decided to work with other brokers, that time this product will be useless for you. I don't think its a good way to purchase an indicator under these much bindings. Now up to you. 

Thanks. Pankaj 

Pankaj D Costa:

Hi, you can discuss with the seller. Maybe he will not give you the source file, he will give you ex4 file which you never can read the code.

Another point: Why he is asking your account details? Ask him. Probably he will give you that indicator only for the submitted account, that means, you never can use that in your another account. Suppose, you are now working with xx broker, but after few days you decided to work with other brokers, that time this product will be useless for you. I don't think its a good way to purchase an indicator under these much bindings. Now up to you. 

Thanks. Pankaj 

Thanks Pankaj , Alain and Marco. The reason he wants to tie the software to an account is to disable the ability to resell it later. That I think I have to live with, if I ever want to use his software.

I think your answers are enough for me to make a decision on this. Thanks again guys. Have a nice weekend.

Glad to know that you are satisfied which will help you to take the right decision. Wish you all the success.

Thanks. 

Pankaj D Costa:

Glad to know that you are satisfied which will help you to take the right decision. Wish you all the success.

Thanks. 

Thank you Pankaj.

Just one more question. What would be the mt4 trader for 1:1 leverage with a minimum deposit?. I can't seem to find the right one..

Thanks a lot guys. 

Sorry, I am not clear about your query. You want to 1:1 leverage for your trading?