Follow (Z_o_R_R_o) system by FXiGoR - page 9

waltini:
I believe Igor recommends 15 min time frame.

Right, and I check the 1H quickly before as well to be sure not to trade against the trend! When the lines correspond then I'm ready to go. Makes it safer.

Hi,

I think that if it happend at 5m it can happen anytime.Also i've seen Igor said that it works on all timeframes. Also the indicator don't care about the timeframe from what i know so that's why i think can happen on any timeframe.

When playing with a strategy like bouncing pip it is recommended to work on bigger timeframes because of the repaints. You loose a lot but the trends are bigger and you recover the loss sometime. (this should be in theory)

If thisone does not repaint you shouldn't loose a lot and so you can play on lower timeframes. Please correct my if i'm wrong. So in theory should work on any timeframe even 5 min.

Thanks, Zmax

zmax:
Hi,

I think that if it happend at 5m it can happen anytime.Also i've seen Igor said that it works on all timeframes. Also the indicator don't care about the timeframe from what i know so that's why i think can happen on any timeframe.

When playing with a strategy like bouncing pip it is recommended to work on bigger timeframes because of the repaints. You loose a lot but the trends are bigger and you recover the loss sometime. (this should be in theory)

If thisone does not repaint you shouldn't loose a lot and so you can play on lower timeframes. Please correct my if i'm wrong. So in theory should work on any timeframe even 5 min.

Thanks, Zmax

Hi zmax,

You are correct.

But I do not sujest to take from 5min Tf because of to much noise and this way to much false entrys.

False doesn't mean re-painting. As you know we need to wait for a bar that changes it color. Well that happens to much.

If you would take it from 5min TF then I sujest that the signal line and trailing stop should also be in the right place. This way it would filter out more of the false trades.

regards..iGoR

Igor

Igor,

What i'm trying to say is that not the dots(red,green) are the problem but the blue line. You get the signal, blue line is ok and after, the blue line moves so you finaly discover you placed the trades wrong.

So you cannot test right by looking back on charts and saying it was a good trade because the blue line is down and the dots are ok and the HA is also down as we see in the pictures posted. The only way is forward testing for a while or writing an EA that only starts a new trade where conditions met. (This way blue line will not be painted when you do the trade)

I admit that it's looking good when you scroll back and spot the trades but as you can see in my previous picture the blue line tricks you. The blue line is the one that sends wrong signals.

I was trying to filter the signal of the bouncingpip strategy with an EA. Some were better than the others but they were only filters for the signal. You are filtering too the zizgzag_pointer signal with the red/green dots and HA but with this you loose a lot from the move. So the filters should be damn good if you want to be in profit. Mabe they are...

I'll keep testing and mabe add the filter in my previos versions of bp. Please let me know if i was wrong somewhere.

Thanks, Zmax

NEW INDICATORS + NEW TEPMLATE ON POSTING #1

THE WEBINAR WILL BE HELD FRIDAY AT 14.00CET or 12.00GMT in the video room at TRADINGROOMS.COM with video support. (room name "TSR video by fxigor").

REGARDS...iGoR

Great!...good time too, thanks.

iGoR:
NEW INDICATORS + NEW TEPMLATE ON POSTING #1

THE WEBINAR WILL BE HELD FRIDAY AT 14.00CET or 12.00GMT in the video room at TRADINGROOMS.COM with video support. (room name "TSR video by fxigor").

REGARDS...iGoR

Beautiful new charts too!

Several tasty ways to judge trend changes depending on the flavor of the market.

Thanks Igor for you time and generousity.

zmax - I use 1m & 5m TF

zmax - dxtrade

I use 1m & 5m TF's mostly, but I check with higher tf's to see the larger picture. I use

* butterfly,

* SDX-TzPivots,

* central pivots,

* camarilla-alert&fibs-by-matfx,

* rsi alerts

* Dolly open Graphics, .... [absent the bright colors background]

as well, and these all help tremendously in deciding when to get in. Actually the Daily tells you at a glance what you need to know. I see no advantage trading from the 15m/30m tf's as long as I see the daily larger picture. IMO Just paper trading as of yet.

My 2 cents

This strategy is very similar to TSR. It can be traded successfully, but you need to watch potential support/resistance areas. The strategy will fail when price reaches s/r and retraces, then it will attempt to break it but often times it will fail and hit your stop then most likely go sideways until it decisevely breaks out of the range. So I would suggest using a simple indicator like fibo piv(it is attached) and moving your stop to b/e when price reaches s/r. I don't see how this is more effective than the bouncing pip, since often times it misses hundreds of pips on reversals. Strong trends have shallow retracements and many times you will get a signal when the trend is losing momentum, the deeper the pullback, the more likely the trend is losing momentum. Just my opinion, no flaming intended at all.

Files:
fib_sr.mq4  4 kb

mpower ......... FiboPiv_v2. is nice

FiboPiv_v2. is nice but for some reason it knocks out one of my otger indicators, therefore I dropped it. I will try the SR to see if it works for me. IMO - Thanks!

Reason: