SYNERGY Trading Method - page 69

snowski:
i have the complete advanced synergy 2.0 indicator set (without the server check), but am not sure if i am allowed to share it here. Newdigital?

yes you can!

--- removed ---

Synergy ZIP

Chris29:
The Synergy Trading Method was developed by Dean Malone and is an effective Forex trading method developed to simplify trading decisions with high probability precision. It combines the market forces of Price Action, Trend, Momentum and Market Strength to produce higher probability trades. The Synergy trading method depicts...in real-time...the interaction of these market forces providing traders the means to make trading decisions with greater confidence and less emotional hassle.

With Synergy, traders identify and use two important trading components in real-time: Price Action and Sentiment.

Price Action is market movement, such as the oscillation of Open, High, Low and Close prices. Too often, traders are mesmerized by trivial price flucuations and lose sight of the underlying trend of the market. Many traders tend to jump in and out of the market instead of staying with the trade as a trend develops. Synergy is designed to eliminate price distortions. It reveals periods of market strength and trend and periods of consolidation.

Sentiment is the intuitive feeling or attitude of traders and investors in the market. For example, if the sentiment of the market is bullish, then traders and investors expect an upward move in the market. Often, sentiment is an indication of optimism or pessimism in the market based on recent news announcements or political events. The Synergy method uses a hybrid custom indicator developed to show postive (buyers) sentiment or negative (sellers) sentiment.

Working in unison, Price Action and Sentiment give traders a distinct trading advantage. When both are in agreement, favorable trading conditions exists. For instance, when price action is showing upward movement with buyers sentiment, there is higher probability of a Long position having a favorable outcome. Similarly, when price action has a downward movement in conjunction with sellers sentiment, a short position has a favorable outcome.

Aim of this thread is to backtest and optimize the strategy and finally to make an EA out of it. In this first post you find the up-to-date indicators and templates.

First backtests show that the strategy works best on the 1H or 30M timeframe with the GBPUSD, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPJPY, USDCHF, USDJPY and CADJPY. Here are some average results:

GBPUSD: ~ 160 pips per month

EURJPY: ~ 104 pips per month

EURUSD: ~ 100 pips per month

GBPJPY: ~ 95 pips per month

USDCHF: ~ 85 pips per month

USDJPY: ~ 82 pips per month

CADJPY: ~ 75 pips per month

To setup this strategy, please unzip Synergy.zip and copy all indicators into \experts\indicators\ in your metatrader directory. Then copy the template into \templates in your metatrader directory. After restarting metatrader and choosing the template you can see arrows and crosses which shows entries and exits according the trading method. Each cross displays a number which means the profit or loss of the closed trade. The yellow numbers at the end of the chart displays the overall result when every signal was traded. But be careful: due to some technical problems with the template at the beginning of a chart no guarantee can be given. A filled arrow shows the first time a new trade can be entered. A hollow arrrow means "add to buy" it is only used as a confirmation signal.

For backtesting the some options of SynergyInd indicator can be adjusted:

UseEntry68_32: When this is true, the indicator enters a long position even when RSI is above 68 or a short position when RSI is below 32.

UseSmallerExit: When this is true, the system closes a position when the actuall candle is smaller than the previsous candle. "DefineSmaller" needs to be a value.

ReqRedYellowCombo: When this is true, the TSL must be above the MBL before entering a long position or the TSL must be below the MBL before entering a short position.

UseVolExpanding: If this is true, positions are only opened when volatility increases (measured by the Bellinger Bands of the TDI).

UseChaikin: If this is true, positions are only opened when colatility increases (measured by the Chaikin's Volatility indicator).

Use4Trend: If this is true, long positions will only be opned when the 4H trend is up and short positions will only be opened when the 4H trend is down.

Use Alert: ... I think everybody knows this feature.

So far the following settings seem to work most suitable: UseEntry68_32 false, UseSmallerExit false, ReqRedYellowCombo false, UseVolExpanding true, UseChaikin false, Use4Trend false.

To get faimilar with the Synergy trading method, please read the pdf in the appendix or have a look at the webinar, which can be found here.

Hi, I downloaded the zip file containing all the Synergy indicators. In particular, the Synergy indicators in that file were not able to be authored or modified or even understood because the scripts were hidden from view. Do you know what the parameters are? Is there a similar indicator with the code rather than copyright written across everything? Thanks

A spice for the Synergy system

I have developed this simple indicator to have more accurate exits and prevent risky entries with this System.

It changes color when the next bar will reverse direction. Basically, it speakes for itself.

I have tested it last week on a demo and it worked quite OK.

Please fell free to test it and let me know your opinion.

I have learned a lot from this forum so I thank you in advance for your feedback.

Dan

Files:

what time frame will your NEW indicator -- the best ??

and what time zone will you suggest (GMT time on MT4) for Gbp/jpy pair

do you think it will be successful for PREDICTION, how about 2 bars later ?? ---- I think the LOGIC is more complex than you can think of , better use some good indicator, as the BASE of your program, so is that program is correct , esp Take LONG or take short

you can have better PREDICTION and easier for you to build on top of it !!

let me know -- if you want one of these MQ4

xx3xxx:
what time frame will your NEW indicator -- the best ??

and what time zone will you suggest (GMT time on MT4) for Gbp/jpy pair

do you think it will be successful for PREDICTION, how about 2 bars later ?? ---- I think the LOGIC is more complex than you can think of , better use some good indicator, as the BASE of your program, so is that program is correct , esp Take LONG or take short

you can have better PREDICTION and easier for you to build on top of it !!

let me know -- if you want one of these MQ4

1h is OK, but you can use anything from 5 min (if you feel comfortable) up to 4 H or Daily. Usually enter only in the same direction of a higher TF, with a magnitude of at least 3. For example if you trade on 15 MIN, enter only if you are on the same direction with the color of the 1H. If you trade on 1H, use 4H as higher TF.

I didn't test it on Gbp/Jpy, I will try some forward testing this week.

For Exit - If I had a change of color, I went to a lower TF, and if there I had all the conditions for Take Profit, exit.

For Enter - if all the Synergy conditions look OK, but this indicator changes color, than WAIT for another bar.

I know this can be developed. If you can help build a system based on this indicator, I accept gladly any ideas.

My main concern is that sometimes, fortunately not always, it repaints the previous bar. Normally it shouldn't, as the code is short, clear and simple. It happens more on lower timeframes. If you suspect something like this just switch between TF to let it recalculate.

Can somebody help me fix this bug? I know it is generated by how Metatrade works and it quite difficult to deal with.

Thank You

Dan

be frank

I think you are presenting an indicator -- that is FANCY and presentable

-- but not a cool indicator that is supported by good statistics, that provide profitable or predictable result -- when you TEST it in DEMO or LIVE trade

== and you need to good at at least 40% of the code

so, if we could let you have a good PREDICTABLE indicator, then you can combine the presentation from your indicator , to some REALLY GOOD INDICATOR (that you can at least understand the code, and then add your presentation to it)

anyway, I think they have to approve it, to make sure there is not malicious code there, it compiles OK etc

-- but if you have a SYSTEM, that you know the statistics of success rate when you test it, and want to add something on top , to be DOUBLE sure when you entry -- you are welcome to PM me (but you may have to show me the screen capture that your system really OK in different scenarios)

-- I think your idea , many people try before, like claiming to use NN, but somehow, it may need a long time for developing -- I just guess the candle might burnt out by that time

Hi,

Volatility Band are Bollinger Band or specific band ?Can you describe the incside code ?

How built Trade Sginal line ?

Tx for answer.

This system is amazing perhaps i have gotten to my bus stop at trading forex

THIS SYSTEM IS AMAZING PERHAPS I HAVE GOTTEN TO MY BUS STOP AT TRADING FOREX

AS A NEWBIE MY DEMO ACCT UNDER 4 DAYS OF STRICT ADHERENCE TO THIS SYSTEM POSTED BY Chris29, IS NOW 45% GROWN.

I WAS ABLE TO TURN $5000 TO $7258..........16 TRADE NO LOSS

japfx:
THIS SYSTEM IS AMAZING PERHAPS I HAVE GOTTEN TO MY BUS STOP AT TRADING FOREX

AS A NEWBIE MY DEMO ACCT UNDER 4 DAYS OF STRICT ADHERENCE TO THIS SYSTEM POSTED BY Chris29, IS NOW 45% GROWN.

I WAS ABLE TO TURN $5000 TO $7258..........16 TRADE NO LOSS

Let's see a screen shot.

Reason: