SYNERGY Trading Method - page 53

Final Synergy Revision

Greets all:

Although it appears there is not a lot of action left on this thread, I am posting my final version of my Synergy EA.

Please see Post #65 for explanation and downloads.

Good luck to all, I hope my little donation can make some of your some pippage!

-Derk

Synergy Indicator

FINAL UPDATE- 1 Apr, 2008 :Attached is the final version of my EA (and supporting files), along with instructions. This EA has made me so much money over the last few months, that I no longer have time to support it, what with then flying lessons, the travel, the women and fast cars... *

The last revision was announced in post #492. Post #524 directed you here; so below is an outline of the latest changes:Although it appears there is not a lot of action left on this thread, I am posting my final version of my Synergy EA. Frankly, I have never really found settings that prove profitable on trading this, although I have certainly not tested all the permutations by far. Thus I am moving on to other projects. But there were a few final changes, and therefore I wanted to post one more package.

The greatest change was purely internal: I cleaned up the code, making it smaller and more efficient. But this should not affect its functioning.

The functional changes / features that were added are as follows:

1) Additional trailing stop types have been added. These were not done specifically for Synergy; they were merely additions to my standard trailing stop code, and I thus thought I would enable them within Synergy as well, so you will see additional trail options in the inputs. Among them are the ability to trail using Parabolic, a given Moving Average line, or Price Channel Stop (the only non-standard indicator; this one is similar in behaviour to parabolic. The indicator is included in the package). These new types are explained more in the instructions document.

2) The definition of what constitutes a higher timeframe trend has changed, based on some feedback from a member here who thought it would help. The "TrendHTF_Minutes" setting should still be set to zero if you do NOT want to use higher TF trend confirmation, and to the minute value of the higher TF if you do (so 60 for hour, 1440 for daily, 10080 for weekly, etc). But there is also a new setting called "HA_CandlesAbovePAC". This should be set to the minimum number of candles (on that upper TF) that you want to require to establish a trend on that upper TF. To establish a long trend, the HA candles on that TF need to be the same colour, with "HA_CandlesAbovePAC" of them in a row closing above the PAC (on that higher TF). Reverse for short of course.

I believe that is all the changes, or at least all the significant ones. Please read over the instruction manual for detailed info.

- - - - - - - - -

Also... I have had feedback from two or three users telling me they are having the best luck with the 4 hours charts. Coenraad offered me a .set file, which has been included in the package if you'd like to try it. It is called "Synergy_H4_eu-gj-gu-uj-uc.set" because he recommended using it with those 5 pairs. Thanks to Coenraad for sharing.

As usual, the system is posted on post #65. I see Chris had also put the system on post #1, so perhaps he will do that again.

Good luck to all, I hope my little donation can make some of your some pippage!

* Okay, that's not true... April fools!

ORIGINAL POST #65:

Good day all:

Someone on another group just posted a link here, informing me about this discussion already in progress on the synergy system.

I created an indicator for this last week, and have been looking for ways to improve the system (with additional rules or indicators), to try to cut down some of the bad trades.

I see there is already an indicator posted... but mine is a bit different, so some might want to check it out. First off, I have programmed it not to paint redundant entry or exit signals, and second, I have it posting how many pips it would have made/lost on each trade, as well as a 2 letter abbreviation for why it exited the trade.

Take a look; hopefully I can get some good input here and improve it. It may already be profitable, but I would like to get rid of more of the losing signals, and then I will make an EA as well.

Disturbing was the post about TDI repainting. I'm not sure if that will invalidate the system. Also, interested in the TDI posted with the extra dotted line. Can anyone recommend rules for it's use to increase profitability of trades?

Derk,

Thank you for your efforts and well organized as well as high level work. I think your work's niveau could be a positive example for many of us.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Derk

Thanks for all the work and effort you have put into this thread.

ET

Thanx alot, Derk, for including templates in your latest attachment . It's kinda sad though, that no one uses this trading system. i was playing with this system yesterday & it looked promising to me.

ambleg:
Thanx alot, Derk, for including templates in your latest attachment . It's kinda sad though, that no one uses this trading system. i was playing with this system yesterday & it looked promising to me.

Perhaps so; I believed for a long time that there must be a settings combination that would work (and am not convinced it's untrue), but the tests I have run just haven't shown much promise.

So if anyone finds settings that make good money, let me know and I'll re-open the case...

-Derk

hi

hi this is the fisrt time i have posted in this forum and this thread and i just read this whole thread (my eyes are bleeding). i am inlove with the synergy method and wanted the advanced indicators so bad but compassfx said i could only get it if i came to the seminar in dallas. now i have the ones that were posted a few pages back and my question is are these the original indicators, or did someone make them based on the info that was out on them and the pictures.

and could someone post how to use them? im talkin about:

dm_volatility

dm_continuation

dm_rangefactor

dm_dsr

fuckin kickass thread, keep up the good work

Can a member please post the indicators for the advanced method? Thanks!

This Version Of Traders Dynamic Index

g'day mates.

i have this version of traders dynamic index that i found somewhere. as you can see it is called traders dynamic index visual alerts, everything is the same except for the Teal line and informaiton you can see.

what i was wondering is if anyone here knows any information on who made this, or about any techniques specifically for this indicator that involve the teal line, i dont know anything about this indicator i have been using it as a buy/sell signal when the green line crosses above or below the teal line and the yellow and teal line are going in the same direction as the cross.

most of the info i get when i search "traders dynamic index visual" on google is in russian or an asian language whcih i cannot read.

if anyone has any info on this indicator or figured anything out that is interesting please tell me. also if you know where i can find some literautre on this indicator i am quite interested. i would really like to know the formula for this teal line and how it is derived. also i would like to talk to the maker.

and yes i know that the original traders dynamic index is from the synergy method.

i will post the indicator below

This part of the SYNERGY Method published by CompassFX. Go here in TSD forum: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177803

I am not sure what the question is.... Please post link which you are having issues with, there are many URL translators out there...

Reason: