Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 137

harooki2:
I went back over this month's (September) chart of the GBPJPY and manually made a record of trades long and short with a simple cross of the QQE (always in the market), ignoring the ZigZag. It returned 1,212 pips with 11 winners and 8 losers, and that's with a 9-point spread. No other indicators were involved.

A second test with the ZigZag attached returned 1,439 pips with no losers, but only six trades. I used the Z-Z1 on the chart so that I could see the false ZigZag Pointer arrows. I'm assuming I got an accurate picture of that; if someone knows better, please tell me.

The strategy in the second test was to accept no ZigZag Pointer unless the QQE had crossed, so I got into a trade after the arrow and then a cross. If I got another arrow while the QQE was positive, I entered again in that direction.

I didn't use any stops. The maximum loss was 145 pips.

CONGRATULATIONS harooki2! You just made yourself a couple of systems and/or an enhancement to the Bouncing Pip [not that it still needs one] Which one would you use now? But wait, now that you have established a ONE month historical success, try it now on real time data. Feel the difference. Your results will vary but I am sure positive nonetheless. Oh, you may consider another broker with lower spread on GBPJPY.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Testing the ZigZag with QQE

I went back over this month's (September) chart of the GBPJPY_H1 and manually made a record of trades long and short with a simple cross of the QQE (always in the market), ignoring the ZigZag. It returned 1,212 pips with 11 winners and 8 losers, and that's with a 9-point spread. No other indicators were involved.

A second test with the ZigZag attached returned 1,439 pips with no losers, but only six trades. I used the Z-Z1 on the chart so that I could see the false ZigZag Pointer arrows. I'm assuming I got an accurate picture of that; if someone knows better, please tell me.

The strategy in the second test was to accept no ZigZag Pointer unless the QQE had crossed, so I got into a trade after the arrow and then a cross. If I got another arrow while the QQE was positive, I entered again in that direction.

Would someone produce a simple EA of this so that it could be tested further? I realize there are versions of EAs out there for the strategies being discussed, but this is much simpler. I'm incapabable of doing the programming.

Files:

harooki2:
I went back over this month's (September) chart of the GBPJPY_H1 and manually made a record of trades long and short with a simple cross of the QQE (always in the market), ignoring the ZigZag. It returned 1,212 pips with 11 winners and 8 losers, and that's with a 9-point spread. No other indicators were involved.

Would someone produce a simple EA of this so that it could be tested further? I realize there are versions of EAs out there for the strategies being discussed, but this is much simpler. I'm incapabable of doing the programming.

No stops? Did you manually close out that 145 pip loss?

Nice but you can't test the arrows. In fact, just playing around with this system lately I found you would have lost the last several geppy trades (and your underwear/bar-mitzvah money/graduation money etc.) even if you would've thought about these moving arrows let alone used them.

harooki2:

No stops. I manually closed out the trade on paper.

OK, now, I need to be sure about these ZigZag Pointer arrows. I'm aware that they repaint. However, I understand that the Z-Z1 indicator leaves all the repaints in place. Therefore, you are able to go back historically and see all those repaints on the chart.

If that is not the case, then these tests are worthless. Can somebody clarify this for me?

harooki2:
No stops. I manually closed out the trade on paper.

OK, now, I need to be sure about these ZigZag Pointer arrows. I'm aware that they repaint. However, I understand that the Z-Z1 indicator leaves all the repaints in place. Therefore, you are able to go back historically and see all those repaints on the chart.

If that is not the case, then these tests are worthless. Can somebody clarify this for me?

It's ok harooki,

It leaves the repaints, so backtesting is OK!

Pip Trip:
Nice but you can't test the arrows. In fact, just playing around with this system lately I found you would have lost the last several geppy trades (and your underwear/bar-mitzvah money/graduation money etc.) even if you would've thought about these moving arrows let alone used them.

Thats weird!?

Forex11 made 1071 pips this month on GBP/JPY with these "moving arrows"!

And sure you can test them! They keep the repaints. While reading this thread you should have noticed. But maybe you didn't - read or notice!

Thank you for that straightforward answer, dxtrade.

In that case, I think this is worth writing an EA for. At least, then, none of the trades in forward testing would be missed.

You don't have to get mouthy now. I didn't read anything about the ZZ-1. Is this similar to Igor's DT-ZZ?

dxtrade:
Thats weird!?

Forex11 made 1071 pips this month on GBP/JPY with these "moving arrows"!

And sure you can test them! They keep the repaints. While reading this thread you should have noticed. But maybe you didn't - read or notice!

Pip Trip:
You don't have to get mouthy now. I didn't read anything about the ZZ-1. Is this similar to Igor's DT-ZZ?

Not mouthy, but it's always nerve-wrecking to find ppl coming in the middle of a thread telling us we will all lose money without even having read the thread!

Igor? Who the heck is Igor? Is that the Riding-Pip-ZorrO-I-Promise-But-now-want-money-never-repaint Igor?

Reason: