EuroX2.ex4 any comments? - page 10

drgoodvibe:
to be honest, I really doubt even a few hundred people using the same EA will have any effect on changing the way the market works. Most of us are using very small accounts if any are using live accounts at all. You also have to remember that almost all Mt4 brokers use different data, therefore each EA operates differently depending on the broker. I have seen EA's open one trade while not opening a trade at the same time on different brokers. Now if a group of people were trading with a few million dollars, then you have an argument..

mate! no hard feelings, but you still dont get the idea of VOLUME. say if the EA decided to go long on 118.00 on USDJPY. 5000 people using the same EA open trades with 5000 accounts with 1 lot........who is going to sell 5000 lots to you with that price??? forex market is turn over 2 trillion dollars a day, but not 1 price at 1 currency pair! And there's another issue here, you're on leverage of 100:1....5000 lots, thats 500million units!!!! you're actually asking a borrow of 495million dollars from the broker to trade against Bernanke!!!

oh!by the way, there's about 12million(actual value should be more, 12million is taken from some surveying site that i read 2 years ago) retail traders world wide. a profitable EA just born, it will spread like a virus within few days. 5000? thats talking about 5 minutes to pass around within the internet! hope this help you the understanding of how ordinary EA get killed!

davidke20:
mate! no hard feelings, but you still dont get the idea of VOLUME. say if the EA decided to go long on 118.00 on USDJPY. 5000 people using the same EA open trades with 5000 accounts with 1 lot........who is going to sell 5000 lots to you with that price??? forex market is turn over 2 trillion dollars a day, but not 1 price at 1 currency pair! And there's another issue here, you're on leverage of 100:1....5000 lots, thats 500million units!!!! you're actually asking a borrow of 495million dollars from the broker to trade against Bernanke!!!

no had feelings here either.. what you don't understand is that the same EA will open an order differently on each broker. ( Each broker submits different data, this is a known) The Ea may open at different times, or even in the other direction! It all depends on the varying broker data.

So unless all 5000 accounts are on the same broker the same EA will still not have the dramatic effect to the entire market that you think would happen. I'm sure it will certainly effect that one single broker though, if you mean that then i'd agree with you there.

davidke20:
oh!by the way, there's about 12million(actual value should be more, 12million is taken from some surveying site that i read 2 years ago) retail traders world wide. a profitable EA just born, it will spread like a virus within few days. 5000? thats talking about 5 minutes to pass around within the internet! hope this help you the understanding of how ordinary EA get killed!

If what you say is true, then there is no point in sharing an EA ever. There is no point to this forum at all. We all just better hold on to our indicators and EAs and never share any thoughts, ideas or anything else for that matter because we're giving away our advantage. To some point I agree with you there, but then it brings about a whole slew of other questions doesn't it?

drgoodvibe:
no had feelings here either.. what you don't understand is that the same EA will open an order differently on each broker. ( Each broker submits different data, this is a known) The Ea may open at different times, or even in the other direction! It all depends on the varying broker data.

muahahahaha....may be you're right. but to sell people's copyrighted stuff is definetly not tolerable. GRHHH......

drgoodvibe:
So unless all 5000 accounts are on the same broker the same EA will still not have the dramatic effect to the entire market that you think would happen. I'm sure it will certainly effect that one single broker though, if you mean that then i'd agree with you there.

oh....with this statement, you actually understand what am i trying to point out.back to your 1st statement,if you're winning with the same EA gets the winning position, the other part of the EA user is getting a false signal, they're gonna give the money to pay for your winner's trade. This is called balancing. WE are making the EA to become 50% winning performance now. You're gonna say the EA is god like, but the losser is going to said that its blood sucker. I dont think this arguement is proper to bring up here. I would rather call this a discussion, am I???kekekekke.....i have no offensive here by all mean. glad to share this with you.

davidke20:
muahahahaha....may be you're right. but to sell people's copyrighted stuff is definetly not tolerable. GRHHH......

Totally agree with you, selling someone else's stuff that they gave away to the community for free is just wrong.

davidke20:
oh....with this statement, you actually understand what am i trying to point out.back to your 1st statement,if you're winning with the same EA gets the winning position, the other part of the EA user is getting a false signal, they're gonna give the money to pay for your winner's trade. This is called balancing. WE are making the EA to become 50% winning performance now. You're gonna say the EA is god like, but the losser is going to said that its blood sucker. I dont think this arguement is proper to bring up here. I would rather call this a discussion, am I???kekekekke.....i have no offensive here by all mean. glad to share this with you.

Sorry i'm not 100% sure what you meant there, but since an EA can trade differently depending on the broker it doesn't mean that the EA will be profitable on one broker and not profitable on another. I have personally seen EA's that are generally profitable be still profitable but in varying degrees dependong on the broker.

One example is the Scalpnet 1.3 EA. It is extremely profitable on the Neuiimex broker but not as much profitable on FXDD or North Finance, this is to do with different broker data. it doesn't mean that one loser on the NF broker pays the Newuimex broker if that's what you meant to say.

drgoodvibe:
Sorry i'm not 100% sure what you meant there, but since an EA can trade differently depending on the broker it doesn't mean that the EA will be profitable on one broker and not profitable on another. I have personally seen EA's that are generally profitable be still profitable but in varying degrees dependong on the broker. One example is the Scalpnet 1.3 EA. It is extremely profitable on the Neuiimex broker but not as much profitable on FXDD or North Finance, this is to do with different broker data. it doesn't mean that one loser on the NF broker pays the Newuimex broker if that's what you meant to say.

kekekeke.....locked and loaded. thanks for support with that statement, thats exactly what i mean. by the way, i think both of us already outdated here in this thread. should we just move on to the 10point3?

drgoodvibe:
If what you say is true, then there is no point in sharing an EA ever. There is no point to this forum at all. We all just better hold on to our indicators and EAs and never share any thoughts, ideas or anything else for that matter because we're giving away our advantage. To some point I agree with you there, but then it brings about a whole slew of other questions doesn't it?

My point exactly. Sharing thoughts and ideas is one thing. Having you do the work for someone else is another. Your point about EA's entering different orders for different brokers is accurate but piontless. Let's say Group 1 trades with broker A and the EA in that group spreads to 100,000 people in a few days, then Group 2 trades with broker B and spreads the same way, you still have tiny groups of people trading the same EA, now the positions though not entered at the same entry points still enter mainly in the same direction. I've tested tons of EA's, they work this way. So now you're back to square one destroying a zero sum game. You have to remember, even if broker numbers don't agree, they're typically only a few points off.

That's my point. Sharing ideas and thoughts are one thing, but EA's are a whole different story. No hard feelings bro, just stating the obvious.

Reason: