Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 161

I cannot get this to make a trade. i loaded everything from post 1 and know how to use an EA but this one just will not take a trade for me.

I changed the magic numbers for each pair as you said to do and it sat for 4 days with no trades on the 1hr chart

I'm thinking I'm missing an indicator. \

could someone please check the first post zip file and let me know if everything is in there??

I would think this is a pretty simple EA to optimize because its a pretty straight forward system

Thank you Mr. Pip for your time and efforts, you have not wasted your time

MrPip:
The EA I posted was for testing purposes to see what works best. I had hoped that members of this thread would post either back test or forward test of what is working for them. In taht way the EA could be improved and indicators that did not help could be removed.

The default settings work OK but there needs to be a better exit strategy, either with trailing stop or indicator(s). Exiting on the firstr arrow and line does not work because often there is a change of direction from ZigZag with no arrow.

I have seen trades up 200-300 pips close at a loss because of this.

I also found that QQE added as an additional filter caused less loss trades but sometimes later entries.

Is anyone willing to test the EA or am I wasting my time here?

Robert

BTW they have done some good things with the QQE over here for entry and exits...dont know if its anything that will work here but it might be worth looking into.

lepricus, hello!--rswamy4449

lepiricus:
MrPip,

The way I typically trade this method I when I get an arrow email on my phone I go to my pc then drop one time frame and enter on the lower TF QQE crossover. It will usually get you in faster and still filter false signals. For example if I get an arrow on 4hr chart I will drop to 1hr and wait for crossover.

Exits, like you've seen, aren't so easy. I usually exit when I get to significant support or resistance usually. I realize you can't code discretionary methods like that. Exits are where the money is.

--------------------------------------------------

lepricus: hello!

Could you please point me, how to get the alerts into my email and phone.

I know, it's described somewhere on this thread.

I have been looking for it, I can't find.

Thank you in advance.

With regards,

Sincerely,

rswamy4449

rswamy4449:

Thank you in advance.

With regards,

Sincerely,

rswamy4449

Hi rswamy,

1) The indicator that gives the signals needs to have the possibility to send email ( the same sort of coding to give an arrow or to give an audio alert)

2) Go to --> Tools --> options --> Tab"email" --> and activate the settings sending emails.

3) You send this email to an email adress that support sending sms text messages to your cellphone ( ex . SMS Plug & Play Mobile Solutions : MobileWeb.Be - Bulk SMS, Premium SMS, SMS Gateway, mobile applications ) This one costs a bit of money but they give quality garantees between the time of arrival of the mail and receiving the text message on your phone (I used them for 18 months and they are top quality).

It want suprise me that you find these kind of mobile services for free but I doubt if they can give official quality garantees.

If you are a member you receive an emailadress of them. That emailadress is connected to the number of your cellphone. Every mail send to that adress will trigger a text message that is send to your cell phone.

So the indicator generates a signal. That signal is an email. Your MT4 platform send the mail to that adress. That provider sends you a text message ( the body of the mail or the subject , up to your choise--the text that needs to be send as email needs to be codded in the indicator of course) to your cell phone.. ..voila thats it...

regards..iGoR

MrPip:
The EA I posted was for testing purposes to see what works best. I had hoped that members of this thread would post either back test or forward test of what is working for them. In taht way the EA could be improved and indicators that did not help could be removed.

The default settings work OK but there needs to be a better exit strategy, either with trailing stop or indicator(s). Exiting on the firstr arrow and line does not work because often there is a change of direction from ZigZag with no arrow.

I also found that QQE added as an additional filter caused less loss trades but sometimes later entries.

Robert

Robert,

I do not think that you wasted your time with writing Bouncing EAs. I thought the best one is BouncingPipEA_MPower_v41 so I started to test it a couple of weeks ago. The EA works well but we need to find good settings.

My test period is not that long one yet, this is why I did not post my results earlier.

Attached please find my statement showing three weeks results.

Pairs tested: AUDJPY, EURCAD, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPCHF, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, NZDJPY

Broker: NorthFinance

TimeFrame: H1

Settings: as attached

I closed several orders manually or locked the profits manually when I thought a significant retracement would come. I did so because I also experienced profitable orders closed with loss. I used TrailingStopMethod=1 so far, perhaps using method 3 or 4 would be better.

I started the test with such many pairs to try to define the best performing ones. As the statement shows GBPUSD is the best performance so far.

I am not sure but I can imagine that the H4 timeframe fits better to the EA, e.g. the QQE followed almost perfectly the big movement in GBPCHF (to 2.35 from 2.42) on H4 but it was scattered on H1.

So there are lots of open questions to clarify that need lots of tests and experiments: best pairs, exit method, timeframe, just to name a few.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

rswamy4449:

Thank you in advance.

With regards,

Sincerely,

rswamy4449

Igor described how to set up your email well, but you can go tho this site and and fine your cell phone carrier's email address tinywords.com - about mobile phone SMS messages

For example, my cell phone carrier is Verizon, so I have MT4 send an email to [10-digit phone number] @vtext.com and I get a text on my phone.

The major US cellular carriers use the 10_digit_number@cell.carrier_domain.com format for SMS to text capable cell phones, with a limit of 160 characters in the subject and message body (total).

Carrier Send Email to phonenumber@....

Alltel @message.alltel.com

Cingular @mobile.mycingular.com

Nextel @messaging.nextel.com

Sprint @messaging.sprintpcs.com

SunCom @tms.suncom.com

T-mobile @tmomail.net

VoiceStream @voicestream.net

Verizon @vtext.com

Igor&lepiricus: thank you!

lepiricus:
Igor described how to set up your email well, but you can go tho this site and and fine your cell phone carrier's email address tinywords.com - about mobile phone SMS messages

For example, my cell phone carrier is Verizon, so I have MT4 send an email to [10-digit phone number] @vtext.com and I get a text on my phone.

The major US cellular carriers use the 10_digit_number@cell.carrier_domain.com format for SMS to text capable cell phones, with a limit of 160 characters in the subject and message body (total).

Carrier Send Email to phonenumber@....

Alltel @message.alltel.com

Cingular @mobile.mycingular.com

Nextel @messaging.nextel.com

Sprint @messaging.sprintpcs.com

SunCom @tms.suncom.com

T-mobile @tmomail.net

VoiceStream @voicestream.net

Verizon @vtext.com

-------------------------------------

Igor& lepiricus: good morning!

Thank you for your prompt messages and help.

I need little more help from both of you.

Could you please explain me, with an example to what to fill the following:

Say, I want to use, zig_zag_point alert signal for this example:

1. SMTP server: SMTP.company.com.25--------?

2. SMTP login: ---name@company.com------------------------------?

3. SMTP password:------------------------------?

4. From:----------yourname.name@comany.com--------------------?

5. To: My T-mobile phone number@tmomail.net (now I know this).

Thank you again!

Sincerely,

rswamy4449

rswamy4449:
-------------------------------------

Igor& lepiricus: good morning!

Thank you for your prompt messages and help.

I need little more help from both of you.

Could you please explain me, with an example to what to fill the following:

Say, I want to use, zig_zag_point alert signal for this example:

1. SMTP server: SMTP.company.com.25--------?

2. SMTP login: ---name@company.com------------------------------?

3. SMTP password:------------------------------?

4. From:----------yourname.name@comany.com--------------------?

5. To: My T-mobile phone number@tmomail.net (now I know this).

Thank you again!

Sincerely,

rswamy4449

For 1,2,3 and 4 above you need that info from your email/internet provider. I just went into my outlook express and copied and pasted all that info (I have my email and internet through cox cable) I got the info from tools tab on top then looked into accounts tab next for the server info.

Since I am going through my outlook express email I only have Items 1, 4, and 5 filled out above. You don't need 2 and 3 if going through outlook I think.

about the EA

MrPip:

Robert

Robert,

I had the EA set on one of my pc's for a while, but it did not open any trades at all for a long time. Even when there were ligitimate entries. I tried to figure out what was wrong but there were no error messages whatsoever. Then I meant to post here for help but got distracted by other tasks/issues, etc.

I will be happy to test it as long as that isssue is resolved. I had BPEA_mpowerv4 loaded. I can try another version...

Anyways, let me know if i can help with testing.

more filters

I just have an idea for a filter. It is from Simba's thread. I like his indicator a lot(and his ideas of course this is another story ) Now, I have no idea how well this will work with the bouncing pip, but fact is the xpma satl isolates much of the noise. We can take bouncing pip entries only if the xpma satl(current timeframe) confirms it. Now exits are the hardest part, perhaps we can try exiting on a QQE cross or xpma satl color change....

Files:
Reason: