Disabling EA

Hi everyone,

I wrote an EA that seems to not be working all the time.

I do not think the code is the problem so I was wondering what are the current technical problems that may cause an EA to stop working.

1/ Is it possible that after a certain number of tests, the EA needs to be restarted?

2/ Is it possible that some chart needs a specific manipulation to be properly loaded? and then the EA to be properly activated?

3/ Is there any other potential technical problems that I should be aware of?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Have a nice week-end!

Luciole

These questions are open ended. Could you check the journals and tell us what you are seeing? 

Luciole:

Hi everyone,

I wrote an EA that seems to not be working all the time.

I do not think the code is the problem so I was wondering what are the current technical problems that may cause an EA to stop working.

1/ Is it possible that after a certain number of tests, the EA needs to be restarted?

2/ Is it possible that some chart needs a specific manipulation to be properly loaded? and then the EA to be properly activated?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Have a nice week-end!

Luciole

You write that you don't think it's the code.....how can you be sure of that? 

Do you run the EA when market are open? Sometimes pepople think the market are open during weekends which it's not!

Do you have any filters that prevent it from trading sometimes......

First of all you check terminal logs for answers

Luciole:

The possibility that your EA is still running but never broke out of a loop. 

Kenneth Parling:

You write that you don't think it's the code.....how can you be sure of that? 

Do you run the EA when market are open? Sometimes pepople think the market are open during weekends which it's not!

Do you have any filters that prevent it from trading sometimes......

First of all you check terminal logs for answers

Question 1 : You write that you don't think it's the code.....how can you be sure of that? 

Answer 1 : because sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. I cannot be 100% sure indeed.

Question 2 : Do you run the EA when market are open? 

Answer 2 : Yes I do, but indeed it is always something to say in case ;)

Question 3 :Do you have any filters that prevent it from trading sometimes......

Answer 3 : I dont think I have any filters What do you mean by that?

Question 4: First of all you check terminal logs for answers

Answer 4: Do you mean the journal? or is it some other information somewhere?

Thanks for your time.

Luciole

Luciole:

Question 1 : You write that you don't think it's the code.....how can you be sure of that? 

Answer 1 : because sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. I cannot be 100% sure indeed.

Question 2 : Do you run the EA when market are open? 

Answer 2 : Yes I do, but indeed it is always something to say in case ;)

Question 3 :Do you have any filters that prevent it from trading sometimes......

Answer 3 : I dont think I have any filters What do you mean by that?

Question 4: First of all you check terminal logs for answers

Answer 4: Do you mean the journal? or is it some other information somewhere?

Thanks for your time.

Luciole

With filters i mean some kind of time limitation, like tradinghours it should be active or not, maybe a spread filter that prevent it from trading during high spreads or something else.......Yes check journal if you can get any answers from it. Or as Beerrun wrote, it may still running but got stuck in a loop that prevent it from move on. Check you code again if nessesary

Kenneth Parling:

With filters i mean some kind of time limitation, like tradinghours it should be active or not, maybe a spread filter that prevent it from trading during high spreads or something else.......Yes check journal if you can get any answers from it. Or as Beerrun wrote, it may still running but got stuck in a loop that prevent it from move on. Check you code again if nessesary

I do no think it is stuck in a loop. because I have checked, it is a pretty simple code. But thanks for suggesting.

Will it be possible that when you leave an EA on a chart for a long period of time, then it stops working.

It seems that this could be the problem.

Luciole:

I do no think it is stuck in a loop. because I have checked, it is a pretty simple code. But thanks for suggesting.

Will it be possible that when you leave an EA on a chart for a long period of time, then it stops working.

It seems that this could be the problem.

If you leave an ea on chart for a longer period and it stops working by no reason something's wrong unless it's coded to do so like it's only working for x-numer of cycles, example that it executes 5 cycles then it stops til you remove and restart the ea. In your case it's also hard to tell what the problem may be as i don't know how the ea work, structure or what it's suppose to achive during working progress.

Reason: