Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 158

tgt123:
Hi Foreverold, Does it target03 repaint?

What zigzags do is not repaint the past, but only changes in the present until the past is establised.

Any zigzag will do this and cannot be changed because no one knows the future.

When used with other indicators you should have an idea if the signal is true.

Either Metatrader or timeframes with the targets indicator, needs to be restarted each trading day, because it will not change the red lines, until you do so, the arows are set with the forming of each top/bottom of the zigzag

Pure Gem

This thread is a pure gem. I just want to extend my thanks to BigBear, Forex11, Mr. Pip, Nix, DxTrade, Zmax, ForeverOld, and everybody else that I have missed, for their contributions. Keep reading, and learning, and making pips:-)

MrPip:
The columns Start, Step and Stop are used for backtesting with optimization.

For example you can test different values of stoploss by setting Start to 30, Step to 10 and Stop to 60 and checking the box in front of StopLoss.

Check the optimize box on the backtester and then start.

The tester will use 30, 40, 50, and 60 for StopLoss and generate a report under the Optimization Results tab that shows the results with each setting.

You can even test multiple inputs at the same time like TakeProfit with Start = 50, Step = 10 and Stop = 100.

The tester will then test all combinations of StopLoss and TakeProfit and report the results.

The Value column is the only thing that needs to be changed to run the EA with values other than the default.

Robert

Thank You so much. I got it`

USD Pairs Long Signals

First, many Thanks to Bigbear, Forex11 and everyone else bringing such a great strategy. I have been through complete thread, tried on demo and live both.

I belive people have much success using cross pairs such as G/J etc (both currencies have equal strenghts and daily range is large enough to catch great moves) . Lately USD pairs (specially if taking USD Long) are performing very poorly. For example EUR/USD or USD/CAD in last week. No matter how good the confirmation after arrow, mostly resulted in loss..

I appreciate some senior folks comments on how to deal with this.

Thanks

Mo Syed

Mr. Pip,

Another silly question im gonna ask once again. Can i turn of the wait for arrow (ZigZag Pointer) off? Planning to try on only ZigZag Lines.

Yes

I would like to try the same. I had asked for a alert for the nonlagzigzag. But if we can make the ea work for the alert that is ok. The nonlagzigzag is a very good indicator on longer time frames. Jatki24300

give a try.....im doing just fine

hi guy's....i've been following this tread since the very early beginning of this tread......my thousand thanks to bigbear and forex11 for thier FTC technique.... but here i with permission of the creator of this tread(i hope i get it) i would like to suggest for those who want to filter the signal use parabolic sar as your filter....i have done it...and it work just fine for me....get in the right time.....get out of the market when the signal shows me........

are you using par sar on 1hr chart and taking the zigzag when par sar shows the same direction? Par sar always seems so late to me.

Follow the bouncing pip

Hi Everybody,

Special thanks to Mr. Bigbear and forex11 ( and also the others who contributed to this thread) showing a great trading strategy. After a few thimes reading the thread, i decided to try it out on demo. Here is my screenshot for today, as i got the signal for EUR/USD, going short for it.

As for GBP/JPY, i missed the signal and also missed the USd/JPY.

Thanks again.

Files:
eurusdchart.jpg  51 kb

VQ Indicator

I have received PM request for VQ. Here you are.

(This is not my indicator, i downloaded it somewhere in forex-tsd).

Hope it helps.

Files:
vq_1.mq4  8 kb
Reason: