EMail Glitch

The EMail function works fine when sending to my 'regular' EMail address. However, if I attempt to program the EMail address for text-messaging to my cellular phone, the EMail function fails - and it appears to fail for any EMail address where the first character of the address is non-alpha. Of course, the EMail address for my cell phone is in the format: ##########@mycellone.net - all numbers before the @ sign.

I have Version 4.00, build 158.

G'Jim

I had some problems until I figured out that whenever you make a change in the e-mail settings you have to close and re-open MT for it to accept the new settings.
I don't have any problems using all numbers in the e-mail address, as I am also using SMS.

mfr 16.03.05 06:07

Hi mfr

Could you please explain or better still post some code on how to send an sms message via mt4..

Thanks and GT..

I had some problems until I figured out that whenever you make a change in the e-mail settings you have to close and re-open MT for it to accept the new settings.
I don't have any problems using all numbers in the e-mail address, as I am also using SMS.

Ok, I tried that - entered my cell-phone EMail address - closed/opened MT4. I still get the same error message in the journal window, and the message is not sent. Changing to a regular EMail address, all other settings stay the same, the message is transmitted successfully.

G'Jim

there is no limitations for e-mail address. what You put that will be used. may be problem with your mobile provider

Ok, I tried that - entered my cell-phone EMail address - closed/opened MT4. I still get the same error message in the journal window, and the message is not sent. Changing to a regular EMail address, all other settings stay the same, the message is transmitted successfully.

G'Jim [/quote]

One other thing to keep in mind is that when you use your cellphone's address you also need to specify their SMTP server and your personal login for this account.
That's the only way I got it to work.

One other thing to keep in mind is that when you use your cellphone's address you also need to specify their SMTP server and your personal login for this account.

Aha! That's probably it. Since I want the alerts to go to one of my regualar EMail accounts, and to my cell-phone, I just set up an auto-forward from the EMail to the cell-phone. Just tested that, and it works fine. I know the SMTP settings for my own server, I doubt that I could get that info from CellularOne.

Thanks,
G'Jim c):{-

Aha! That's probably it. Since I want the alerts to go to one of my regualar EMail accounts, and to my cell-phone, I just set up an auto-forward from the EMail to the cell-phone. Just tested that, and it works fine. I know the SMTP settings for my own server, I doubt that I could get that info from CellularOne.

Thanks,
G'Jim c):{-

You can. I did it.
Just find out what the MX records for the paritcular domain is that your cellphone provider is using.
You can go to www.dnsstuff.com to find out. A few records (usually two) are listed as smtp servers.
Then all you need is the login (usually your cellphone number) and the password assigned to your account (you should know what that is).
My provider is Verizon and it was easy to work it.
Reason: