The Only Pivot - page 179

Sell Signal

EA finally closed out -208 pips. The stop was hit prior to NFP, but for some reason the EA did not close the trade. Gotta have someone look at implementing failsafe order closure logic into the MTP_1.7. We will get a short signal in a few.

Hi Time Freedom

The ea Opened a sell signal now at 209.71

Dont think its such a good idea after such a long candle

Just wanna make sure im getting the same result as everyone else though

My apologies im using the pivot ea ver 1.2

Thanks

Pavlo

We have a short signal and I am in short @ 209.70. At first I could not place a trade, "busy context" error, and had to restart my platform to place a trade.

TimeFreedom

I am not using Davids EA. Placing my trades manually.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
EA finally closed out -208 pips. The stop was hit prior to NFP, but for some reason the EA did not close the trade. Gotta have someone look at implementing failsafe order closure logic into the MTP_1.7. We will get a short signal in a few.

Hi Time Freedom

The ea Opened a sell signal now at 209.71

Dont think its such a good idea after such a long candle

Just wanna make sure im getting the same result as everyone else though

My apologies im using the pivot ea ver 1.2

Thanks

Pavlo

Hi TimeFreedom!

How to me to correct the indicator under the time zone?

Allocate in a code those places where it is necessary to change GMT that I a catfish could correct it!

Just adjust your "time shift" accordingly in the indicators settings. For me I have to set my time shift to 1 to match the commonly used numbers for most people.

I am usually off about 3-5 pips from the commonly posted chart.

Usd/jpy

Hello all, I am trading the USD/JPY due to spreads with my broker much higher on the G/Y.

Anyways, I entered the trade at 106.23/S.

Why didn't I add as soon as the bar closed? I wait til the cross on the 1H then move down to the 15M chart find the most recent support I see and place an entry sell order and let the market take me in.

Anyways heres the chart.

Files:

mercilus:
Just adjust your "time shift" accordingly in the indicators settings. For me I have to set my time shift to 1 to match the commonly used numbers for most people. I am usually off about 3-5 pips from the commonly posted chart.

Hi mercilus!

It not that is necessary to me (

Yes, it's always nice to wait for a retacement to get in at a better price, but this will also bite you if the market never retraces.

TimeFreedom

mercilus:
Hello all, I am trading the USD/JPY due to spreads with my broker much higher on the G/Y.

Anyways, I entered the trade at 106.23/S.

Why didn't I add as soon as the bar closed? I wait til the cross on the 1H then move down to the 15M chart find the most recent support I see and place an entry sell order and let the market take me in.

Anyways heres the chart.

Yes, you are right. I need to be more mechanical with the trades. But after a news? jump like that I was fearful to enter at bar close so extended. We will see how it fares.

I did some back checking just looking at the past signals and more often than not it would have been best to enter at bar close.

*breaking news*

I got stopped out at 106.45, ouch....

Hi TimeFreedom!

How to me to correct the indicator under the time zone?

Allocate in a code those places where it is necessary to change GMT that I a catfish could correct it!

Reason: