Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 42

I updated the first page to give credits to whom have worked so hard with this thread.

settings for Damiani

fxhome:
hello Robert...

really appreciate with your great job for making some good results for the EA, could you please tell me for your latest setting for Damiani!

thanx in advance

Current settings are those found as default in the EA.

Will begin backtest to try different settings to see if there is an improvement.

I only have data to test GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDJPY and USDCHF since Aug 2006.

Only test so far is for GBPUSD.

Robert

settings for Damiani

fxhome:
hello Robert...

really appreciate with your great job for making some good results for the EA, could you please tell me for your latest setting for Damiani!

thanx in advance

Backtest of version 2.4 for GBPUSD show best results using settings of 10, 60, 1.4, true.

14% drawdown and over $25,000 profit with 75% wins

Robert

Great

Just a simple idea from a newbie:

1- Is it possible to use the hedging for the loosing trades ?

2- Is it possible to increment the number of lots for the winning trades if we are sure that the trend will continue?

Regards

ftp

MrPip:
I have never done that but wil look into how to code it. Robert

Thanks !

I'll wait it.

MrPip:
Backtest of version 2.4 for GBPUSD show best results using settings of 10, 60, 1.4, true.

Robert

impressive i'll test them soon, thx robert for your great help

ftp

frantacech:
TXT... hmm.

What use sendmail... simply and nice.

I asked for ftp , not email.

incrementing number of lots

gdreporter:

2- Is it possible to increment the number of lots for the winning trades if we are sure that the trend will continue?

Regards

Already did 2 and it did not help with the original 2.4. Probably because we are never sure the trend will continue.

Maybe the new settings for Damiani filter will work better for that idea.

Robert

MrPip:

Robert

Robert;

Please update us on any new good setting you may achieve, personally I am not good in backtests so I take the settings you recomend for my live tests.

Thanks

Alan

gdreporter:

Regards

1 is usually useless no matter the strategy - you'll end up with loss, no matter if you accept it or not

2 is done eeeaaasily and it really helps.

14% drawdown and over $25,000 profit with 75% wins isn't that fantastic. did you test it in the long term or the short term? if its 2,5 years then its okay.

see attached file for details

oh and if you can't read russian, just open another statement and compare the numbers.

...I still don't get how it works though...

-edit- I'll make things simple for everyone: the reason I made another EA from dolly EA is quite simple - I was not satisfied with it. As I found out not so long ago, dolly expert, while working in the backtest, calculates totally weird numbers for pivot points. They are not high+low+close/3 as in usual pivot, usually those pivots are few pips off the opening of the day (actually close+open+open/3, you can find a place where high and low of yesterday are replaced with open of today in the indicator) but it works absolutely fine when attached to the graphs (on a demo account pivot = high+low+close/3 always). I've tried to get pivots in any possible way but only found out that there isn't a simple formula to calculate it. So if anyone could debug the old dolly indicator (dolly graphics (M) is its name) it would help greatly.

short variant = dolly pivot on backtest =/= dolly pivot on demo trading

but its highly profitable

-end of edit-

sorry for jumping into the middle of something, just felt like it

Files:
statement.rar  74 kb
Reason: