The Only Pivot - page 178

Hi Zvezdolet,

1. In the original strategy discussed here, the author proposed to use market open as the (horizontal) pivot level. I propose to use the previous Close, which is one TICK before the market opens (e.g. 16:59:59). Since Forex is a continuous market the difference should be minimal, if any.

2. Floor Pivot is an old equation coming from futures market, where one takes the sum of previous day's High + Low + Close price and divides it by 3. THen one calculates Resistance 1, 2, & 3, and Support 1, 2 & 3. But, S/R levels don't feature in my version.

I See that very few people are interested in my version, so rather then confusing issues here I may start a new thread.

Cheers, Kris

zvezdolet:
HI TOKARUS

interested in your idea but what do you mean by

1. market open (in my case previous market's close)

2. floor pivot (H+L+C)/3

wawan scalping

Please Wawan share you strategy for scalping using Steve's pivot !! 10xz

Tokarus

I'll be more than happy to hear about your strategy but only if you imply something new and useful to make the Steve's pivot more effective. Otherwise that is a topic of a separate thread. Please, explain your observations, rules, testing and etc. There are enough smart people in this thread who can help you maximize the eficiency.

For the fibo labels,

After one attached, you don't need to open again this indicator on your chart, just put your fibos and you have automatically the labels.

mrebrov:
I'll be more than happy to hear about your strategy but only if you imply something new and useful to make the Steve's pivot more effective. Otherwise that is a topic of a separate thread. Please, explain your observations, rules, testing and etc. There are enough smart people in this thread who can help you maximize the eficiency.

I agree. He should open a separate spread else will just confuse everyone eventually.

close trade

Hi all

Just wanted to thank everyone for such a great thread

The Ea closed my trade for a loss a while back, i dont know why it differs from yours freedom

I am currently -204 pips and the EA will not close the trade. I can't manually close the trade either.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a long signal and I am in @ 212.01. TimeFreedom

Who is your broker?

TimeFreedom

Pavlos:
Hi all

Just wanted to thank everyone for such a great thread

The Ea closed my trade for a loss a while back, i dont know why it differs from yours freedom

Ibfx

Its a demo account on IBFX, same as you are running i think

EA finally closed out -208 pips. The stop was hit prior to NFP, but for some reason the EA did not close the trade. Gotta have someone look at implementing failsafe order closure logic into the MTP_1.7. We will get a short signal in a few.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a long signal and I am in @ 212.01. TimeFreedom
Reason: