The Only Pivot - page 173

@ David

You may want to consistently change the version of the EA whenever you make changes. The updates can get out of hand real fast. This update with 5 tradgets should be version 1.3 IMO.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
I use a cross of the ima comparing a time shift of 1 and 2 (1 is the the last bar, and 2 is two bars ago). I don't know if that is what you changed, but if it is, then you would be comparing the current bar with three bars ago. Maybe you can explain more about what you changed. Anyway, I made it so you can use 5 target, and still working on how to make it use the 5 min.

jhp2025:
Hi Steven Ali, David Willis, and Time Freedom, and other contributors...

I did a bit modification and the result jumps up, as the time shift should be set to 0 (zero) and 3 (three) on the iMA sections.

Error on the SLA3 placements should be corrected....

And the result is....

BUT WHY THERE'S AN ERROR TAG: Mismatched charts errors 358?

Can someone of you clarify why could it happen and how to solve it please?

I'll appreciate all of your effort and many thanks in advance.

I use a cross of the ima comparing a time shift of 1 and 2 (1 is the the last bar, and 2 is two bars ago). I don't know if that is what you changed, but if it is, then you would be comparing the current bar with three bars ago. Maybe you can explain more about what you changed.

Anyway, I made it so you can use 5 target, and still working on how to make it use the 5 min.

Files:
pivot_v_1_3.mq4  14 kb

TimeFreedom:
@ David

You may want to consistently change the version of the EA whenever you make changes. The updates can get out of hand real fast. This update with 5 tradgets should be version 1.3 IMO.

TimeFreedom

Good point. I just changed it.

TimeFreedom:
First problem I noticed is that your settings for the EA are not correct. Your SL1, SL2, and SL3 should be -1, -50, and -100. To fix the mismatch you should download M1 historical data from Alpari. Enclosed you will find procedures to get 90% modeling quality. TimeFreedom

would using data from Alpari mess things up, since there server is not at 0 GMT?

I used Alpari historical data with IBFX with no problems in the past.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
would using data from Alpari mess things up, since there server is not at 0 GMT?

We have a buy signal and I am in @ 211.28. IMO we should get a retracement to the 211.65 area before the market starts to head back down again.

TimeFreedom

buy 211.33.... what do u think TimeFreedom.... close at 21160?

core:
nice signals from BT & OnlyPivot, but I am not trade

hi, core mantabh..., we are sleeping this time :P, but woderful signal

Got stopped out with +2 pips. MTP did not close one lot @ +50 pips, but did move the SL to BE+1 pips. The market was moving to fast for the EA to perform two task simultaneously by closing one lot @ +50 pips and moving second lot to BE+1.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a buy signal and I am in @ 211.28. IMO we should get a retracement to the 211.65 area before the market starts to head back down again. TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Got stopped out with +2 pips. MTP did not close one lot @ +50 pips, but did move the SL to BE+1 pips. The market was moving to fast for the EA to perform two task simultaneously by closing one lot @ +50 pips and moving second lot to BE+1. TimeFreedom

I got +51 with my EA. It looks like it is working well.

Edit:

are you trading the two side by side yet?

Reason: