The Only Pivot - page 180

Being a catfish, it may be difficult.

Again the code is already in the current indicator.

The value is caled "TimeShift".

My guess for you is you need to set it to, "1"

No point in deleting and adding new code when it is as simple as that.

Trading was very complex for me today due to some problems with MTP_1.7. Again the EA did not close the first lot in profit, but did move to SL to BE+1. Once the trade was closed for +2 pips I opened a new short trade trade with 0.30 lots at a better price of 210..00. Stopped out of the three lot trade for +200 pips. I made the mistake of not resetting the EA a few times and lost a few pips also.

Conclusion: MTP_1.7 needs some work before going live. I will start testing David's EA next week side-by-side with my manual trades and then we can make decisions about testing David's EA live. BUt before I go live with full fledged EA's or Trade Mangament EA's like MTP_1.7 we will have to look into reliable order closure retry mechanisms. Also, I have a friend coder that will look into coding reliable order closure retry mechanisms in MTP_1.7 next week.

PS: I will give you a recap of all my trades this week. I had I losing week of approx. -70 pips. Not bad at all IMO.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a short signal and I am in short @ 209.70. At first I could not place a trade, "busy context" error, and had to restart my platform to place a trade. TimeFreedom

Buy/Sell Arrows

This system has been working great so far, very happy with it.

I noted something a little odd to me. Sometimes I see a buy or sell arrow at the very end of second hour candle as the third hour candle is opening. Is it acceptable to have such a late indicator after a pivot line cross? Any input would help

- Agilos

Low Momentum Entry

TimeFreedom:
We have a short signal and I am in short @ 209.70. At first I could not place a trade, "busy context" error, and had to restart my platform to place a trade. TimeFreedom

Thank you TimeFreedom for your fantastic job fine tunning the pivot level indicator now fit for platforms with all server times within any given 24 hour day.

I would like to add a word of caution regarding your latest entry at 209.70 as it would not have been in accordance with The Only Pivot Rules which calls for the Momentum to be at or around 100. Your patience to wait untill after the news is commendable, even so, the entry candle looks quite large rendering the quality of the entry signal questionable. Could it be that the Forex Gods wanted us to have an early weekend?

Best regards.

Raju

Files:

TimeFreedom:
I will try and post daily trades for your review. I only trade GBPJPY and here is my MM:

I open with three (0.30) mini lots on 10K standard account. I close one (0.10) mini lot at +50 pips and move the SL on the remaining two (0.20) lots to BE+1 pip. I close one more (0.10) mini lot at +100 pips and move the SL on the last (0.10) lot to BE+50. I close the last lot at +160 pips. The max SL is -100 pips. I will usually get a reversed signal before hitting the SL.

Note: Enclosed you will find an EA that manages trades by setting the TP and moves the SL automatically. Be very careful with this EA because you need to reset it after each trade. I have also included a preset file. This EA Does Not Place Trades! You have to Place the Trades Manually.

Note: The MTP_1.7 EA goes in the\experts folder. The preset file goes into the \experts\presets folder and the sound files go into the \sounds folder.

TimeFreedom

Hi TimeFreedom.

This is a great strategy and I want to thank you for sharing.

I normally trade manually for 50pip TP

I now want to use EA to close trades.

Can you tell me if I need to open 1 x 0.30 lot or 3 x 0.10 lot?

Do I just need yo put EA on one chart and it will close all 3 position or do I have to place on 3 different charts?

Thanks in advance

Zimmer

If your going to use 3 lots (0.30) then I would suggest you use the enclosed preset for MTP_1.7.

Note: You have to manually open 0.30 lots if you use the three lot preset, (MTP_50_100_150_Max75.set).

If your going to use David's EA then use the enclosed presets for his EA.

Note:David's EA will automatically open the correct lot size for you based on the preset settings.

The presets with 50_100_150 TP's are obviously using 3 lots (0.30) in the settings and the presets with 50_110 TP's are using 2 lots (0.20) in the settings.

TimeFreedom

zimmerzimmer:
Hi TimeFreedom.

This is a great strategy and I want to thank you for sharing.

I normally trade manually for 50pip TP

I now want to use EA to close trades.

Can you tell me if I need to open 1 x 0.30 lot or 3 x 0.10 lot?

Do I just need yo put EA on one chart and it will close all 3 position or do I have to place on 3 different charts?

Thanks in advance

Zimmer

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread... just few days... already read until page 85 ...

First thank's to Stevenali for sharing this system... Makasih bro

My questions is :

1. Where can I get the latest Info for this system. I means rules...

2. Where can I get the EA..

Thank's All

Thanks very much TimeFreedom!

And thanks very much to StevenAli for introducing this strategy.

Zimmer

Hi Raju !

I have follow this thread since the beginning, and it seem to me than the momentum is not now used...

Anyone confirm this ?

Raju:
I would like to add a word of caution regarding your latest entry at 209.70 as it would not have been in accordance with The Only Pivot Rules which calls for the Momentum to be at or around 100. Your patience to wait untill after the news is commendable, even so, the entry candle looks quite large rendering the quality of the entry signal questionable. Could it be that the Forex Gods wanted us to have an early weekend?

Best regards.

Raju

SMMA Difference

Time-

Hate to be one of "those guys"... but the PerviousDayAndFloatingPivot_O indicator from the first post differs from the one in your charts you post. My SMMA looks too jagged if you know what i mean. Pivot is the same though.

I looked back through the history... 180 pages . Couldn't find the indicator your using. Do you have better results (aka fewer falsies) with this smoother MA?

Thanks for your help, your awesome.

Reason: