A pattern. - page 10

there are people who research momentum.
I think to find a good strategy you need to understand how a forex chart differs from a coin chart.
There are no impulses on a coin chart.

To win in forex, you only need to know two things: the trend and resistance/support levels.

And you have to have a brain, that's all you need.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

To win in forex, you only need to know two things: the trend and resistance/support levels.

And you have to have a brain. That's all you need.

Luck is not insignificant either. Timely entry into the market. Sometimes, the price will change a couple of points before the limit order. It's a shame, but it's the luck factor and you can't cheat it.

Uladzimir Izerski:

It is clear to me that NS with learning from markets is a dead end. But everyone has their own way to the Grail.

One parameter and price, nothing else is needed. The price already has everything built into it for the future.

Yusuf-Khoja understood this, but he has disappeared. Is he alive? Age, after all. Or has he found a formula?

Thanks for the kind words, Vladimir, the topic is both interesting and hackneyed. However, no one has managed to formulate the right answer. The regularity, of course, exists, but it does not allow to earn here and now, as traders would like to do. The regularities are shown on a long time interval. For example, on TF D1 the regularity is formed within the range of 300-330 daily bars. The resulting profit is comparable to the refinancing rate, which makes such a pattern unattractive. I think we need to think about how to get rid of the pattern of plum and learn to work at least with a profit comparable to a bank deposit. For us it is 10 percent per annum.

Now, my thoughts on the search for patterns:

1.It is useless to look for patterns in history, not confirmed by theoretical prerequisites - you must first develop an idea in what direction to dig and why you need to dig so;

2. Accept the fact that there are no reliable patterns on small TFs, and you have to fully rely on personal experience and intuition of market perception;

3. 3. Even if you have identified a pattern and developed a strategy, you need to muster enough courage not to deviate from the chosen path, which I cannot do myself. I have spoiled a lot myself with my false vision against a proven strategy and interference in the ATS process. I will list some directions to look for patterns that give positive mat expectations over a long period of time:

a - Regression model;

b - Analysis of market and current prices by known market theory;

c - Estimation of the total strength of the Bulls and Bears.

Refinancing Tender Rate - Евросоюз - MetaTrader 5
Refinancing Tender Rate - Евросоюз - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Ставка рефинансирования — процентная ставка, которая является минимально возможной для заявок на привлечение средств в тендере Европейского центрального банка. ЕЦБ каждые две недели проводит тендер по размещению средств, что необходимо для поддержания ликвидности в денежной системе. Высокие ставки снижают темпы роста потребительского...

Serqey Nikitin:

Aren't you making the FOREX market MORE complicated?

In fact, we are working with a visualisation of the market. And this is just a flat chart in two coordinates, where we have to choose one direction out of TWO (up or down). Finding patterns on a chart with two coordinates is quite possible...

You have to keep it simple...

yep, that's how it is - just guessed up - earned! didn't guess - doubled the lot....

i>The order may be +10pp, but greed drove it to -100pp - history says nothing about that

)

When you do that the order goes up or down, it usually turns back to the history data, the only logical price movement is to the right ...))

Igor Makanu:

yep, that's the way it is - just guessed up - earned! didn't guess - doubled the lot....

the order might be +10pp, but greed drove it to -100pp - history is silent

)

So, the only logical price movement on the chart is to the right!)))) Unfortunately, the price moves up and down have the ability to return to the historical data, the only logical price movement is to the right!

Why - unfortunately? There's the pattern, except for the movement from left to right.

It seems to me that you equate regularity with determinism and therefore contrast it with randomness. In vain, imheenko.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Luck is also important. To enter the market at the right time. Sometimes the price will change a couple of points before the limit order. It's a shame, but this is the luck factor and you cannot cheat it.

You can enter the market whenever you want - this condition is not important at all. The important thing is to get out of it on time - that's really the key to success.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You can enter the market whenever you like - that's not important at all. The important thing is to get out of the market on time - that's really the key to success.

If we put a small stop, we will exit on time. But for a small stop not to be triggered too often, you must enter exactly and not just when you want, but at a certain point in time.

Anatoly, which one? Define it somehow. :)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You can enter the market whenever you like - that's not important at all. The important thing is to get out of it at the right time - that is really the key to success.

Something tells me that there is a pattern here as well.

Reason: