PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 11

b e a u t i f u l work on deleteing olders training losing trade

I LOVE IT

so viable ive been trying different solutions im impressed

good work indeed

Thumbs up for the latest developments.

Indeed those clearly losing trades had to be closed as soon as possible. It may be that 50 pips is a big SL bearing in mind this EA enters a trade when price moves say 5 pips in a given direction.

hmmmm lovely idea but its still leaving phantom trades (I thibk)

looking thru the code

see "panthom" trades attached on chart

Files:
eurusd_7.gif  42 kb

hello

Perky:

load it on 4hr TF,it won,t new until close 1stone

Perky:

Perky,

40 trades is not enough for the EA to extinguish any outliers. Some trades may last a very long time... weeks probably, which will be several hundred trades later. It depends on where the outliers are and how much churning the market does to erase those trades.

I only enabled the routines that would find the farthest opposite order (a single order) from the current closing of profitable trades. So, if the EA is closing long trades, it will attempt to close a short trade as far down in price as possible... all the while closing with a profit. Closing multiple outliers against a profitable position will paralyze this EA. If you did that, you turn this EA into an equity manager... and we don't want that. So far, this EA can consistently churn out 10-30% profit monthly. But there is one period of time that I cant get through.

This EA works great in short trending markets, churning and trendless are fine. But the larger volatility, following with a longer trending market will kill your account. Look at EURUSD, Jan 2006 through May 2006. I cannot find settings to get through this specific timeframe. I use the 5 min chart, spacing of 2. You can use "open prices only" on the method of backtest, because that is how the EA works anyway. And, its much faster.

I want to find a filter that will cut off trading at the end of a trend. This seems to exaggerate the drawdown when the market turns the other way.

Carl

Patience is a Virtue!

I have had as many as 400 orders open at one time. It all depends on the account size and the optimization you use. The goal is to keep the LowMarginPercent as high as possible while making enough profit to make worth while.

@ Perky

I'm glad you like it! I am getting a better version put together.

Here is a newer version. It is not the major improvement version as promised, but a lot of little updates... Enjoy. See Post #1

Don

is it possible to put in a option to close all trades when the profit target is met.... and then start again that way the money is "in the bank" so to speak

Perky:
is it possible to put in a option to close all trades when the profit target is met.... and then start again that way the money is "in the bank" so to speak

That is pretty much done when only when you have a few orders open, once you have a lot of orders open, you pretty much never have an equity greater than the balance.

Don

"Phantom Trades"

The reason you get "phantom" trades is because of two reasons.

1. the Trend moving average was used to try and set trades in the direction of the trend. So, if the price moves very quickly, and is above the trendline, then only buys are set, same for the sells below.

2. the way that orders are closed effects this as well. What I tried to do with the price > midpoint and price < midpoint was to try and eliminate these "phantom" orders. Because there are always orders being set above and below, there is always the possibility of these stragglers.

The major trend changing is the biggest detriment to this system at this point.

The best way to have success is to set the spacing WIDE!! in the neighborhood of 20-50 pips. The downfall is that the profit is MUCH slower in accumulation. BUT IS MUCH SAFER!!

Don