PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 130

dragosd1:
As they are tehnically used....

In an uptrend, the price penetrates the upper band, usually, a sign of reversal is when price retraces again inside the bands, then makes another high, but lower than the previous high. The second high MUST not touch the upper band, otherwise is not valid.Remember, a HIGH is surrounded by at least 2 lower highs.....If we have a ob situation on stoch, then it's a high probability that we have a reversal/retracement. Maybe it's time to switch again the EA to make buy+sell.

When the downmove is confirmed, switch to only sell.

As I see, between 20/80 levels of stoch we can make only buy or only sell with a greater profit and lower risk.

I hadn't too much time lately, thus your method may work on a relative calmer trend. When is news time nothing helps.

Lemyx:
Thanks for explanations!

I have a few another questions.

If BB signals that UP trend changes to DOWN trend, Stoch between 20-80 and goes DOWN then we take only SELL positions.

But if in this situation Stoch goes UP, then which direction do you propose to trade?

And which parameters of BB do you use?

Thanks again!

BB standard settings MT4

If stoch changes direction in the middle of 80/20 zone, you can switch to trade in both directions

Enforcer:
I hadn't too much time lately, thus your method may work on a relative calmer trend. When is news time nothing helps.

This is true

I am thinking on something like adjusting spacing in correlation with max orders that the EA can open in one direction and daily/weekly average range

It is possible to set the EA to react differently at a sudden change in the price action/behaviour? Ex. price dives/rises 50 pips in 5 mins.Cause the STDDEV is good, but it not reacts so quikly to those changes(it has to be used a smaller period STDDEV 3-5 to react much faster, but this is not good in standard situations).

dragosd1:
This is true

I am thinking on something like adjusting spacing in correlation with max orders that the EA can open in one direction and daily/weekly average range

It is possible to set the EA to react differently at a sudden change in the price action/behaviour? Ex. price dives/rises 50 pips in 5 mins.Cause the STDDEV is good, but it not reacts so quikly to those changes(it has to be used a smaller period STDDEV 3-5 to react much faster, but this is not good in standard situations).

Well, this issue look like a nut hard to crack...

If is optimized for ample movements is doing bad in normal conditions and vice versa.

News time is main problem. EA cannot adjust so fast to changes.. also can react on false signals causing more harm than good..

I ran several tests but is impossible to find settings that cover all situations.

Daily range is not too reliable lately, trend is more erratic than in past, so you can have few days with range =70 for example and suddenly jump 2-300 pips in one-two hours.. so we have to find something that adapt to current conditions.

Maybe is better to stop trading if trend moves more than X pips in Y minutes and resume when trend is back in range.

So, more digging is needed.

Enforcer:
What for? TakeProfit isn't working?

They open a trade without TP if for any reason the computer shuts down... the order never close in TP.

What i said is that the order should be open with SL and TP values. And then the EA manage them

jcosta:
They open a trade without TP if for any reason the computer shuts down... the order never close in TP. What i said is that the order should be open with SL and TP values. And then the EA manage them

the EA did have SL but the TP is adjusted dinamically.

Enforcer:

If is optimized for ample movements is doing bad in normal conditions and vice versa.

News time is main problem. EA cannot adjust so fast to changes.. also can react on false signals causing more harm than good..

I ran several tests but is impossible to find settings that cover all situations.

Daily range is not too reliable lately, trend is more erratic than in past, so you can have few days with range =70 for example and suddenly jump 2-300 pips in one-two hours.. so we have to find something that adapt to current conditions.

Maybe is better to stop trading if trend moves more than X pips in Y minutes and resume when trend is back in range.

So, more digging is needed.

Yes, but not impossible!

That's the ideea!

It is possible to have 2 different spacing calculation? And the EA to choose the greater one?

A standard one, based on what we have now - STDDEV, but

A second one, for emergency situations, where the EA should compare the value of STDDEV with the value of price movement during a period of TIME (5/10/15/20 mins or more, depending on the TF used),

or with a STANDARD VALUE determined by the max. pair daily range/max. number of orders to be opened (ex. GBPCHF max. daily range 650 pips in 8 hours time. We have 2 solutions possible: 1. Open 1 order/hour, that will be 8 orders, or 2. open 650/10= 1 order at 50 pips spacing)

As I'm writing this, another ideea dancing in my head.....

What if, presuming we can make the EA to analize those two conditions(standard/emergency) and determine which one gives a greater spacing value....maybe, and I say maybe, we have to use a different sytem to calculate the "emergency" spacing, in a way that EA will react much faster to the change.

Looking at the charts with the TMA applied, I realize that a spacing determined by a formula like STDDEV+[(EMA50-EMA7)+(EMA50-EMA20)]/3 might be a better spacing formula for big trend moves....By manually simulate this, we will have just 6 orders opened in a 650 pips move, which is excellent!So, we can catch the whole move, with a low DD.....

Or, (since at this hour my brain is a little Ferrari ), we can try a formula like LAST candle range/PREVIOUS candle range * STDDEV value....

My ideea is that we have to adapt faster the spacing to the real move, I think this is the solution to make the EA much, much better....

What do you say, guys, let's make this EA a money machine, cause it has all the conditions to be that, if we manage to fine tune it as it should!

I have a great confidence in this EA!As a matter of fact, I'm testing it on GBPUSD for a month now, just trying to find the best risk/reward ratio.And I really have some good results, but, if we can solve this problem, the RR will be much better.

Let's make a brainstorming!!!!!!!

Hello,

I'd like to know how to lower the max margin used by pipmakerV15_1. It uses 90% of my margin which is dangerous. I don't know what I have to edit in the script...

What happened to this thread? There was a lot of great advice going on with regard to pipmaker. My demo accounts have been going quite well for 2 months now with pipmaker. I've developed set files for several pairs that trade a 5K demo account and don't blow it up. Any new developments with pipmaker on the horizon?

v/r

Jeff

Dunno what happened...

I' quite busy at the moment and I was waiting feedback from users for next step.

Seem like almost everybody want only to take and give nothing back...

Reason: