PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 123

Enforcer:
I post about demo and live differences, price feed is never same, no matter broker. In live price feed is smoothed/ filtered, also in live order is accepted slower than in demo so there is a difference of few pips.

Also I noticed in live are placed less trades than in demo, due to smoothed price feed in live.

Orders are not closed sometimes if price moves more than allowed slippage (need requote).

Hi Enforcer,

1. With PipMaker-V12, is it possible to set allowable slippage to 0? If yes, how?

2. What are the consequences of setting slippage to 0?

Just want to see how demo and live differ when slippage is 0.

Thank you for advising.

forexjim

forexjim:
Hi Enforcer,

1. With PipMaker-V12, is it possible to set allowable slippage to 0? If yes, how?

2. What are the consequences of setting slippage to 0?

Just want to see how demo and live differ when slippage is 0.

Thank you for advising.

forexjim

Slippage is default 0 in v12. Eventually try to set it to 2 or 3, will reduce requotes for both open and close orders.

/ Internal settings

//int Step = 1;

double stoploss = 0;

int Error = 0;

int Order = 0;

int Slippage = 0;

int Reference = 0;

string TradeComment;

double TickPrice = 0;

udayrashmi:
Hi Enforcer,

Can u please explain how we can increase/decrease the profit amount? As I'm not getting the exact settings in the EA

Thanks in advance

Modify ProfitSkew - increase value to increase profit target, decrease it to reduce profit target.

Enforcer:
Slippage is default 0 in v12. Eventually try to set it to 2 or 3, will reduce requotes for both open and close orders.
/ Internal settings

//int Step = 1;

double stoploss = 0;

int Error = 0;

int Order = 0;

int Slippage = 0;

int Reference = 0;

string TradeComment;

double TickPrice = 0;

Hi Enforcer,

Many thanks for your advice.

A little confusion: if slippage is default to 0, how then my posted demo and live trades in post #1221 both showed slipping pips?

Thank you for your enlightenment.

forexjim

That's a common practice of brokers, to rip off few pips at each trade...

about profitskew

hi,guys.

Best regards for anyone who devote time for pipmaker!especially for enforcer!

i study pipmaker V15 for a month.i have a idea to improve it.but i don't know how to code it.

i think we should add a funtion to control profitskew automatily.Because if we set profitskew too low, for example set to 1,we may miss a lot profit.pipmaker can make more than one dollar a time .but if we set it too high,for example set to 10,in a trend day,our account may can't get that profit and will bring a large floating lose.i like pipmaker but i hate lose.we can't set profitskew to a fixedness value.

so, my way is to set profitskew to 10 at first,if can't get enough profit and open orders bigger than 4,i manual set profitskew to 1.my idea is to set profitskew as biger as it can,and if the market goes agaist us,set profitskew to 1,or to 0.Get our the lose as quickly as possible.i get a good performance in live trading.

Enforcer,how do you think about it?

i add the following code:

if (BuyOrders +SellOrders<=4) ProfitSkew=10;

if (BuyOrders +SellOrders > 4) ProfitSkew=1;

but in my testing ,i can't get what i want.sometimes the control works,but in the next trade,profitskew was set to a value i don't understand.could anyone fix the problem and add the funtion to pipmaker v15?

thanks a lot!

sorry for my poor english.

chf/jpy pair

Hi Enforcer,

I think this EA doesn't work that effectively in CHF/JPY pair or am I missing some settings, can u put some light on it please?

no,i am from china.

udayrashmi:
Hi Enforcer,

I think this EA doesn't work that effectively in CHF/JPY pair or am I missing some settings, can u put some light on it please?

JPY pairs are a bit too agitate, try some calmer pairs.

Reason: