PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 124

shmilya999:
hi,guys.

Best regards for anyone who devote time for pipmaker!especially for enforcer!

i study pipmaker V15 for a month.i have a idea to improve it.but i don't know how to code it.

i think we should add a funtion to control profitskew automatily.Because if we set profitskew too low, for example set to 1,we may miss a lot profit.pipmaker can make more than one dollar a time .but if we set it too high,for example set to 10,in a trend day,our account may can't get that profit and will bring a large floating lose.i like pipmaker but i hate lose.we can't set profitskew to a fixedness value.

so, my way is to set profitskew to 10 at first,if can't get enough profit and open orders bigger than 4,i manual set profitskew to 1.my idea is to set profitskew as biger as it can,and if the market goes agaist us,set profitskew to 1,or to 0.Get our the lose as quickly as possible.i get a good performance in live trading.

Enforcer,how do you think about it?

i add the following code:

if (BuyOrders +SellOrders<=4) ProfitSkew=10;

if (BuyOrders +SellOrders > 4) ProfitSkew=1;

but in my testing ,i can't get what i want.sometimes the control works,but in the next trade,profitskew was set to a value i don't understand.could anyone fix the problem and add the funtion to pipmaker v15?

thanks a lot!

sorry for my poor english.

You mean profit target decrease as orders increase?

Enforcer:
You mean profit target decrease as orders increase?

yes,that exactly what i mean.

we know that market in 70% time is in balance and 30% time in trend. As pipmaker is a anti-trend system,when market in trend condition,pipmaker will open more trades and brings in high risk and drawdown.But if market in balance,pipmaker can make a stabile profit with less open orders and low risk.So when in balance,we sure set profitskew to a high value,and when in trend,set it low to 0,even to a minus value.we can't expect a anti-trend system win in a trend condition.

By the way,pipmaker can be a survival in a normal trend condition,but will lose in a big reverse trend or big break up.

I make a statistic the trades from 20080107 to 20080530:

1, if profitskew set to 1,the amount of total trade is 905. The amount of open orders in one cycle trade more than 5 orders is 7 times,and the maximum amount of open order is 9.

2, if profitskew set to 10,the amount of total trade is 507. The amount of open orders in one cycle trade more than 5 is 17 times,and the maximum amount of open order is 12.

3, in most times the market is in balance or in normal trend condition,pipmaker can bring in stabile profit with low risk.

So i use the the amount of open orders to define risk and the market condition.The more order pipmaker open,the higher risk,and the market is in trend,then we should lower the profitskew,even set it to minus value.Go out the lose as quick.

I expect the final result:the profit a little lower than profitskew=10,the lose or DD a little higher the profitskew=1.

In most times,about in more than 90% trades,pipmaker can make profit by open less than 5 orders.That's why profitskew should not set as fixedness value.

hi

can anyone write me the latest thread to get the EA? thx

mason:

Why? I only get losses.

shmilya999:
yes,that exactly what i mean.

we know that market in 70% time is in balance and 30% time in trend. As pipmaker is a anti-trend system,when market in trend condition,pipmaker will open more trades and brings in high risk and drawdown.But if market in balance,pipmaker can make a stabile profit with less open orders and low risk.So when in balance,we sure set profitskew to a high value,and when in trend,set it low to 0,even to a minus value.we can't expect a anti-trend system win in a trend condition.

By the way,pipmaker can be a survival in a normal trend condition,but will lose in a big reverse trend or big break up.

I make a statistic the trades from 20080107 to 20080530:

1, if profitskew set to 1,the amount of total trade is 905. The amount of open orders in one cycle trade more than 5 orders is 7 times,and the maximum amount of open order is 9.

2, if profitskew set to 10,the amount of total trade is 507. The amount of open orders in one cycle trade more than 5 is 17 times,and the maximum amount of open order is 12.

3, in most times the market is in balance or in normal trend condition,pipmaker can bring in stabile profit with low risk.

So i use the the amount of open orders to define risk and the market condition.The more order pipmaker open,the higher risk,and the market is in trend,then we should lower the profitskew,even set it to minus value.Go out the lose as quick.

I expect the final result:the profit a little lower than profitskew=10,the lose or DD a little higher the profitskew=1.

Is not strict countertrend EA, can work both modes.

Best thing is to find a way to tell when to trade on trend and when to trade on countertrend. This is main issue now, take profit level is second one, but only problem is we can't get maximum possible profit, while trend-countertrend modes will solve problem of loses or even account crashes.

So, anyone have any idea how to tell when to switch trend - coutertrend modes?

mason:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

erdenmensch:
Why? I only get losses.

MAybe you insist to trade during big news, like NFP....

An EA must be every time work. Ive found a better one. Pipmaker is too complicated for me.