Martingale EA - page 128

wolfe:
Kayvan,

I have concerns in setting individual take profits for each order.

1. This will TOTALLY kill the hedging aspect of the system.

2. The second you start taking profit on individual orders you're floating loss WILL increase. WFM will NEVER be reached with individual TP for each order.

This is how I see it.

Wolfe

Please Please please please ....add this option . for sake of me. thank you Wolfe.

I promise this would be the last request , i will never ask anything again .thank you wolfe

Another idea

Wolfe,

I have tested your 1.6 and 1.8 versions. With limited success because the acct blows up too fast, I have a n idea that may help,

The idea is a very simple one, that as the amounts of orders increase the narrower the targets should be. There can be variations to that such as after 6 just breakeven yes or no option.

any opinions on this?

Berdj

berdj:
Wolfe,

I have tested your 1.6 and 1.8 versions. With limited success because the acct blows up too fast, I have a n idea that may help,

The idea is a very simple one, that as the amounts of orders increase the narrower the targets should be. There can be variations to that such as after 6 just breakeven yes or no option.

any opinions on this?

Berdj

This could help with the account blowing up too fast. Most people were testing with a small profit target. You would have to start with a larger profit target, so you had room to decrease, eventually to break even if necessary. It's the same old problem, most if not all martingale type systems will blow your account eventually.

kayvan:
Wolfe

Please Please please please ....add this option . for sake of me. thank you Wolfe.

I promise this would be the last request , i will never ask anything again .thank you wolfe

Kayvan,

How do you suggest we manage the HUGE growing floating loss that will happen when we only close winning trades? I just don't think it is a practical idea.

wolfe:
Kayvan, How do you suggest we manage the HUGE growing floating loss that will happen when we only close winning trades? I just don't think it is a practical idea.

How about closing all the floating when the profit reaches for certain trade?

For Example:

0.1 lot is losing with floating -20pips

enter another trade reverse direction 0.3 and go for about 5 pips and close it. And keeping the principle like this until it recovers the - 20 pips? NOT GOOD IDEA? if you don't like the idea please go to "pipmaker" threat. The principle is the same but not martingale. Over there we have the same problem with floating losses. And the latest version of the pipmaker has Loss Management system included. So why don't you check it out! Maybe you will have some ideas. . .

Wolfe,

I am usually a thread watcher and not a poster but this EA has intrigued me so much that I have felt inclined to post. I think the real gem of this EA is the WFM, but I have had limited success with the kayvan method, ma entry with pip distance, nor have I had much success with the wild and wacky PIPIDIOT. That thing is crazy.

Anyways, I would like to see an EMA cross built into TFX 1.8b. Entry lag after the cross tro weed out bad signals, and have it be flexible to fit the traders style so someone could play with a 5/13 or a 10/50. Put a stop/reverse on an opposite cross and thats it. I would also like to see a pivot point cross with lag entry. We already have a TP and trailer built in, we are just adding a different entry and exit methods.

Just some ideas. Hope you decide to include them.

wolfe:
Kayvan, How do you suggest we manage the HUGE growing floating loss that will happen when we only close winning trades? I just don't think it is a practical idea.

Wolfe

we can determine TP for every order when there is no such volatility in market. and set it to false(or Zero) when there is enough volatility . with this we had collected so many pips in non movement hours . and a few orders left, will balance themselves by market movements.

another option we need is , to be able to determine pip distance

thanks wolfe for your attention . either do it or not

Togu:
How about closing all the floating when the profit reaches for certain trade?

For Example:

0.1 lot is losing with floating -20pips

enter another trade reverse direction 0.3 and go for about 5 pips and close it. And keeping the principle like this until it recovers the - 20 pips? NOT GOOD IDEA? if you don't like the idea please go to "pipmaker" threat. The principle is the same but not martingale. Over there we have the same problem with floating losses. And the latest version of the pipmaker has Loss Management system included. So why don't you check it out! Maybe you will have some ideas. . .

I'll check it out Togu. Thanks.

jdsim1:
Wolfe,

I am usually a thread watcher and not a poster but this EA has intrigued me so much that I have felt inclined to post. I think the real gem of this EA is the WFM, but I have had limited success with the kayvan method, ma entry with pip distance, nor have I had much success with the wild and wacky PIPIDIOT. That thing is crazy.

Anyways, I would like to see an EMA cross built into TFX 1.8b. Entry lag after the cross tro weed out bad signals, and have it be flexible to fit the traders style so someone could play with a 5/13 or a 10/50. Put a stop/reverse on an opposite cross and thats it. I would also like to see a pivot point cross with lag entry. We already have a TP and trailer built in, we are just adding a different entry and exit methods.

Just some ideas. Hope you decide to include them.

Thanks for the WFM compliment, if anything good has come out of the development of this EA it's probably that. WFM could be applied to many different EA's.

An EMA cross would be pretty easy to apply to TFX. I'll try to do that when I get a chance. The only problem I have found with EMA cross systems is that they usually lag in signal. Often when the signal comes, it's too late and now a false signal. Might work on lower time frames though.

kayvan:
Wolfe

we can determine TP for every order when there is no such volatility in market. and set it to false(or Zero) when there is enough volatility . with this we had collected so many pips in non movement hours . and a few orders left, will balance themselves by market movements.

another option we need is , to be able to determine pip distance

thanks wolfe for your attention . either do it or not

Kayvan,

Still seems pretty confusing to code, and risky to me.

Reason: