PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 20

But IBFX will allow 90 second in and out trades - I talked to them earlier!

Dave

Pip Maker works ok on demo with them.

so do you have the EA on 2 GBPUSD daily charts, one only long and one only short?

parisienne:
I ran it only on GBPUSD. It was only an idea to run it on both pairs that the EA may constantly make profits. But it can also be a bad idea. I don't know yet.

small accounts

Does anybody know how make this EA work with small accounts? Backtesting only worked with $3000+ accounts. Do I need to have smaller leverage? The server I am working with can only process .1 lots (not .01). Thanks for any help.

parisienne:
Yes, he does. But I had some good results on daily charts. I went from 5000 to 13800 in one week only running it between 8 and 17 (gmt +1) on gbpusd. There are some bugs in my last version. Here is the fixed one. (Files updated!)

No wonder I have no trade until now from yesterday..

I use default setting..

BTW u attach EA on Daily chart,

but u said 30Min and 1Min data must be available.

What is used for..

The fx sniper indi, should i attach it to daily and 30 min and 1 min TF too??

I want to make forward test with your EA, will post the result in here..

duyduy:
No wonder I have no trade until now from yesterday..

I use default setting..

BTW u attach EA on Daily chart,

but u said 30Min and 1Min data must be available.

What is used for..

The fx sniper indi, should i attach it to daily and 30 min and 1 min TF too??

I want to make forward test with your EA, will post the result in here..

Ok, I see that there are some confusions. You setup the EA on the Daily chart. No need to put indicators on the chart. If you want to watch what the indicators are showing, then you need to put FxSnipers on a 1min chart because we're using that time frame for this indicator.

If you want to test the EA then before you set the EA on a daily chart you should open an 1min and a 30min chart of the same currency pair just to be sure that these data sets are available. Now you can close these two (1min and 30min) charts and run the test on daily chart.

It was my failure not to explain it beforehand. Sorry for the inconveniences.

cgldsmth:
so do you have the EA on 2 GBPUSD daily charts, one only long and one only short?

Not really. I decided every morning whether the EA should trade long or short. If it was not doing well on one direction then I switched on the direction manually.

error in pipmaker.txt

hi,

i am testing pipmaker v9.1, but i 've this error pipmaker textfile :

2007.08.14 20:10:24 Error 00: incorrect series array using (E4054)

2007.08.15 16:59:36 Error closing SELL order 10787589: invalid price (B129) Lots:0.60000000 Ask:1.99090000

2007.08.16 11:28:30 Error opening SELL order: requote (D138) Bid:1.98180000 Slippage:0

2007.08.16 13:18:19 Error opening SELL order: requote (D138) Bid:1.98220000 Slippage:0

2007.08.16 19:09:40 Error opening SELL order: requote (D138) Bid:1.97920000 Slippage:0

2007.08.17 10:15:13 Error opening SELL order: requote (D138) Bid:1.96760000 Slippage:0

2007.08.17 12:47:42 Error closing SELL order 10909422: invalid price (B129) Lots:0.70000000 Ask:1.97600000

can you help me to solve it ?

do you think that 30000 with 0.1 (or 3000 with 0.01 lot) is enought to trade whithout problem on one currency-pair(gbpusd) ?

see my statement

thank in advance

giapel

Files:
pipmaker.htm  101 kb

No More LITEFOREX For ME!!!

I am extremely disappointed with LiteForex's execution.

A LOT of requotescost me a lot of money!! Fortunately, it was only $40.00 and not $4000.00!!

It would be my recommendation and STRONG warning to not use them for EAs like this one where you have to close multiple orders at the same time.

Get yourself a GOOD quality broker, one that has a reputation for excellent execution!! This is the MOST important thing to have when utilizing an EA such as this.

Oh, well... Lesson Learned!!

Don

Version 9 bug

I've been forward testing version 9.

It's not placing any buy orders, it's only selling.

Yes, I have it set for both longs and shorts.

Some comments

1) Backtesting and optimizing this type of system is worth little if anything.

When multiple trades occur on one bar, you must have accurate tick data. The interpolation algorithm of MT4 does not reflect reality when it comes to knowing where price actually was at any given point during a bar.

Backtesting is necessary and useful in working out an EA, for making sure the EA is OPERATING correctly, but near useless IN THIS TYPE OF SYSTEM for determining PERFORMANCE.

You may have your own opinion on this but these are the facts.

Unfortunately you must forward test, preferably for months, to know what an EA does during different conditions. Sorry to disillusion you newbies.

2) The short timeframes are suicide. I would move up to 1H or 4H and adjust the settings accordingly relative to the average range of the chosen

timeframe. You're just going to have to experiment and forward test.

I've been testing version 9 and it's being doing very well despite the fact it's broken (not buying - yes, the code is set to buy). I'm trying the Neo version now and it's working correctly.

We'll see, but it will take time.

Reason: