PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 7

Modifications...

Well, I modified the latest EA from Neo, in which I added a trending indicator that I've always liked... the BBRSI&MA, and removed the checking of closing orders above/below the midline. I didn't quite understand that, but, now the EA closes any orders meeting the profit target no matter where price is. So, long orders are only opened on a 4hr trend with the indicator, same for short orders. This seems to limit outliers and helps the EA cover them with the profitable orders.

Again, I'm using the worst case scenario... starting at an intermediate low in Nov 2005 for the EURUSD. This is in 6 weeks. Equity drawdowns are smaller. Nice curve... Still testing...

Carl

PipMakeraNeo5 test result

Dear All,

I just run the testing strategy. here are the result. Please advice what's happened here. the curve not prety good the last. Is't the my setting not right?? .. Many Thanks.- FARIDIN

I let this trade on a small live and demo account at the same time to see how the results would compare. After letting it run for the past four days what I have noticed is that the while the demo account turned a nice profit (~14%), the live account opened orders but would not close them, forcing me to close them out manually at a loss at the end of the week.

I have checked all the obvious things and settings are pretty much identical on both accounts. Has anyone else had this problem, or am I overlooking something simple?

static:
I let this trade on a small live and demo account at the same time to see how the results would compare. After letting it run for the past four days what I have noticed is that the while the demo account turned a nice profit (~14%), the live account opened orders but would not close them, forcing me to close them out manually at a loss at the end of the week. I have checked all the obvious things and settings are pretty much identical on both accounts. Has anyone else had this problem, or am I overlooking something simple?

Which broker you are using?

Call them and give them the Sh...

They put you on manual execution!

Few Questions:

WHY???

extern int MAPeriod = 1200; ????????

// Internal settings

int Step = 1; ?????????????????

int Error = 0;

int Order = 0;

int Slippage = 0; ?????????????????????

int Reference = 0;

string TradeComment = "PipMaker v5a Neo";

datetime BarTime = 0;

static bool TradeAllowed = true;

double TickPrice = 0;

int MaxBuys = 0;

int MaxSells = 0;

Why MaxBuys/MaxSells....0; ?????

Thanks

B.

Yeah but if I was on manual execution wouldn't the requests to close be rejected by the server? There is no request by the EA to close the orders in the journal. Also, the EA is able to execute orders manually but it cannot close them.

crodzilla:
Well, I modified the latest EA from Neo, in which I added a trending indicator that I've always liked... the BBRSI&MA, and removed the checking of closing orders above/below the midline. I didn't quite understand that, but, now the EA closes any orders meeting the profit target no matter where price is. So, long orders are only opened on a 4hr trend with the indicator, same for short orders. This seems to limit outliers and helps the EA cover them with the profitable orders.

Again, I'm using the worst case scenario... starting at an intermediate low in Nov 2005 for the EURUSD. This is in 6 weeks. Equity drawdowns are smaller. Nice curve... Still testing...

Carl

This is the crux of the whole EA. Determining the trend and taking the best advantage of the trend. If you can determine the best identification of a trend and load up on the orders in that direction, you can reduce the drawdown. Still working on the EA to determine trend and best optimizations...

Don

Bongo:
Few Questions:

WHY???

extern int MAPeriod = 1200; ???????? This is as close to a 15 minute 80 period MA we could get.

// Internal settings

int Step = 1; ????????????????? This was to represent the number of pips beyond the opening of a new candle. It is no longer used. I simply haven't removed it. Sorry.

int Error = 0;

int Order = 0;

int Slippage = 0; ????????????????????? This is simply used as a variable to put in a slippage into the ordersend command...

int Reference = 0;

string TradeComment = "PipMaker v5a Neo";

datetime BarTime = 0;

static bool TradeAllowed = true;

double TickPrice = 0;

int MaxBuys = 0;

int MaxSells = 0;

Why MaxBuys/MaxSells....0; ?????

Thanks

B.

There are the answers to your questions...

Don

Bongo:
Few Questions:

int Slippage = 0; ?????????????????????

Actually you may have answered my question, its not possible to get zero slippage on a live account is it? I will have to see if this fixes thing tomorrow.

Reason: