Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 90

Yes you've wrote that. NonLagMA was the first MA that came in my mind. He, and maybe everyone looks if maybe there is still a holy grail around the corner. Cherub (super-ego) and imp (id) fight all the time within us. "There is no HG" - "Maybe yes, I ask mladen for one." You know the old game - hope dies last.

Batchboy, maybe this indi DZ RSX on OMA could be of interest for you.

Special slow stochastic indicator

sss.mq4

Files:
sss.mq4  3 kb
sss_mql.png  83 kb

DSS indicator

dss.mq4

Files:
dss.mq4  2 kb
dss_mql.png  88 kb

Mr Tools/MLaden,

I am reposting this as it has disappeared from this thread.

I have asked this question before but without response.

Is there an indicator with an alert/signal that shows the crossing of two separate settings of stochastics?

Illustration of crossing attached and those crossings that happen in choppy charts are very, very useful and profitable.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Files:
dow30daily.png  61 kb

About "DTOSC"

One thing that people should probably know : Robert Miner’s made something that he called a Dynamic Trend Oscillator (DTOSC). Dynamic Trend Oscillator is in fact simply a stochastic of a RSI. So instead of using "DTOSC, use stochastic of rsi, since that indicator is in fact that

Metatrader does not all us to use other indicators as a source for stochastic, but here is an example where it is done without using any "dtosc" indicator :

Files:
dtosc.gif  53 kb

mladen:
Possible idea (that is how Johm Ehlers does the signals) : orange - signal period 0, shift 0, green signal period 0, shift 2. When the two cross, it is a signal (so using second stochastic instead of signal line)

Hi Mladen, I tried to implement your suggestion here using the "Stochastic 2 & shift .ex4" above but it is not possible to get what you are talking about. What indicator were you talking about?

Thanks

Jozy:
Hi Mladen, I tried to implement your suggestion here using the "Stochastic 2 & shift .ex4" above but it is not possible to get what you are talking about. What indicator were you talking about? Thanks

Some posts above he posted the stoch with shift indi, see here.

Jozy:
Hi Mladen, I tried to implement your suggestion here using the "Stochastic 2 & shift .ex4" above but it is not possible to get what you are talking about. What indicator were you talking about? Thanks

Cross of a value and a value shifted by 1 is same as slope change

techmac:
Cross of a value and a value shifted by 1 is same as slope change

Yes, you are right

Hi mladen,

I attached one of your nice indicator below and I would like to ask you to add two more arrow functions to it if you find a little time in your strict schedule . Currently Color Stochastic v1.02 nmc shows arrows when the main line crosses the OB level upwards and the OS level downwards. Can you add the opposite of this? Eg.: the arrows prints when the main line crosses the OB level downwards and the OS level upwards. Furthermore I attached another indi which prints an arrow in every single case when the main line crosses the signal line. (I only found this) Can you add the crossing function with the following restriction please? The indi prints the arrows only in that cases when the crossings happens in the OBOS areas. In the OB zone prints only in the cases of downwards crossings, in the OS zone prints only in the cases of upwards crossings.

Thank you.

Reason: