Adding audio alert to indicator - no knowledge of coding

Hi,

I have an indicator that, when certain conditions are met, draws a dot in an indicator panel.

Someone sent me this indicator and they paid for it, so I shouldn't post it here.

However, I want to add an audio alert to the indicator everytime a DOT is drawn.

Is there some code that exists that I could paste somewhere into the code that would

achieve this>?

Something like ''if DOT is drawn, then playsound'' (you get the idea )

thanks

subterfuge:
Hi,

I have an indicator that, when certain conditions are met, draws a dot in an indicator panel.

Someone sent me this indicator and they paid for it, so I shouldn't post it here.

However, I want to add an audio alert to the indicator everytime a DOT is drawn.

Is there some code that exists that I could paste somewhere into the code that would

achieve this>?

Something like ''if DOT is drawn, then playsound'' (you get the idea )

thanks

This ma cross indicator helped me with adding alerts, maybe it will be of some help for you.It uses the 2 drawing buffers to draw the arrows or dots, then 1 added trend buffer for arrow and alert direction.

Files:
macross-1.mq4  7 kb

thanks for the reply, although I think i'm still out of my depth.

So, next option.

Can anyone recommend a website who would add an audio alert for me?

I'm told it would take less than 5 minutes to do, so I don't want to pay too much money!

Anyone used any good coding websites they can share?

regards.

Yes, it takes more or less 5 minutes when you have the code and when the code is written OK

Otherwise it is just a wild guessing game (since it depends on the indicator buffers which are used for signals and one has to knwo which buffer is used for which signal) and there is no "generic" way to do so

subterfuge:
thanks for the reply, although I think i'm still out of my depth.

So, next option.

Can anyone recommend a website who would add an audio alert for me?

I'm told it would take less than 5 minutes to do, so I don't want to pay too much money!

Anyone used any good coding websites they can share?

regards.

Difficulty fine tuning an indicator with proper settings

mrtools:
This ma cross indicator helped me with adding alerts, maybe it will be of some help for you.It uses the 2 drawing buffers to draw the arrows or dots, then 1 added trend buffer for arrow and alert direction.

First I would like to say a BIG thank you to mrtools and everyone else that contributes on this forum. I would like to know if this indicator could be coded with a couple extra things added to it.

1. the moving averages were coded for exp moving averages and not LWMA

2. can you add a rsi 21 to this indi

3. can it be coded with a time frame option so it will only take trades at certain times of the day

4. redefine trading rules as follows:

when the 5 ema crosses above the 13 ema and the rsi 21 is above 50 BUY

when the 5 ema crosses below the 13 ema and the rsi 21 is below 50 SELL

Basically when a buy or sell condition is met we would get an audible alert with an arrow on the chart and perhaps option for email with the alert as well.

I have been trying to code these simple additions with no luck so far. Any help would be so MUCH appreciated with this. thank you in advance.

forexprofits:
First I would like to say a BIG thank you to mrtools and everyone else that contributes on this forum. I would like to know if this indicator could be coded with a couple extra things added to it.

1. the moving averages were coded for exp moving averages and not LWMA

2. can you add a rsi 21 to this indi

3. can it be coded with a time frame option so it will only take trades at certain times of the day

4. redefine trading rules as follows:

when the 5 ema crosses above the 13 ema and the rsi 21 is above 50 BUY

when the 5 ema crosses below the 13 ema and the rsi 21 is below 50 SELL

Basically when a buy or sell condition is met we would get an audible alert with an arrow on the chart and perhaps option for email with the alert as well.

I have been trying to code these simple additions with no luck so far. Any help would be so MUCH appreciated with this. thank you in advance.

Hi Forexprofits,

Coded everything in this indicator i'm posting, only thing missing is a trading time of day, as far as I know that is not possible to code in an indicator, but maybe, by getting the alerts you can decide whether it be an acceptable trading time or not.

Files:

thank you

mrtools:
Hi Forexprofits, Coded everything in this indicator i'm posting, only thing missing is a trading time of day, as far as I know that is not possible to code in an indicator, but maybe, by getting the alerts you can decide whether it be an acceptable trading time or not.

Thank you so much. It looks great! I have one more question for you. Would it be possible to code in a histogram indicator that I have into this indicator? Basically I want everything the way it is now AND if the conditions are met with the histogram indicator then an alert and email would be sent.

Also, I have a Universal EA that has the time frames on it, maybe that is the only way to code specific time frames on an EA and not on an indicator? Would it be possible to turn this into EA with time frames on it? please let me know. Thank you so much!

Could an alert/signal be added to this indicator to reflect when colour 3 changes please?

I have the settings if this is important but I cannot code.

Thanks again.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Could an alert/signal be added to this indicator to reflect when colour 3 changes please?

I have the settings if this is important but I cannot code.

Thanks again.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

There are no 3 colors in that indicator (if you are referring to the stochastic value itself). Non-repainting mode requires that 3 buffers are used for 2 color line otherwise it would repaint, so that 3 color must be the same as the second to be able to fill in the cases that would cause repainting

Sorry, I meant colour number 3 on the 'colors' tab of this indictor.

Colours 3 and 4 I have set to blue (up) and white (down) respectively.

Colour 5 I have set to 'none' for this indicator but it can be retained as it is obviously needed.

The indictor does not repaint as such but will change until the following candle is completed - not a problem for an alert/signal.

What I did not know was the colours in the mq4 file.

Thanks if you can do it because it will sort out my 'offline' chart problem with this indicator, which would be brilliant.

TEAMTRADER

Any takers for post 8 please?

TEAMTRADER

Reason: