Multi-indics indicator - page 21

FerruFx and Mr Pip - xMeter_EA observation!

FerruFx:
rlinac,

Don't apologize. You don't do anything wrong. Your tool is a good one and when i have time i would look at if i can put into my indic.

FerruFx

Hi FerruFx & Mr Pips,

I know this thread is strictly for discussion of the FerruFx indicator and not xMeter_EA, but you have stated that you may incorporate this indy into yours, so I believe this is relevant.

I have noticed that whenever the !xMeter_mini (or xMeter_EA as the latest version is now named) is loaded on a chart, it takes at least 2-3 seconds to change the chart from one TF to another. This occurs with nothing else on the chart, other than candles/bars, so no other indy can be causing the screen to freeze for 2-3 secs before changing.

I have a reasonably fast dual processor, powered by the fastest DSL service available, DSL Xtreme 6.0, that changes all my charts instantaneously, in a micro second. That also includes charts loaded with several indys, plus the FerruFx indy with its 14 individual indys monitored simultaneously over 6 different TF's.

So why is the xMeter Ea causing the chart to change so slowly, as it is not monitoring that much info, in comparison to the FerruFx indy? Is it the way the program is written and is greedy, demanding excessive processor time? or is there some other explanation and this is assuming you and others are experiencing the same fault.

In a sometimes busy, stressful trading environment a 2-3 secs delay is not acceptable between TF changes (as that can seem like 2-3 mins), especially when scalping. It is a nice, neat, little indy, but as it is right now, I will not be placing it on my charts. This delay may be perfectly acceptable to many people, but I am only bringing it to your attention Ferru, in case you:-

i) Haven't yet noticed, but with your programming skills may be able to find a solution to the problem or perhaps Mr Pips can.

ii) If you seriously intend to incorporate it into your indy and the fault still exists, then please consider offering the user the option to leave it out by selecting 'false'.

I appreciate all the work and effort you are putting into still improving the FerruFx indy right now, so this issue is not urgent at all, but I would appreciate, as always, your comments on the matter.

Regards,

johnny

Hi yorkyjohnny,

Sorry for the late reply. I work on too many things at the same time! Coding, coding, coding ... and trading!!!

For the !xMeter, it's a very great tool and i use it now on each platform. But i think it isn't a good idea to implement it in my indicator because both of them are big energy user. The best use of the !xMeter is to put it on a unique chart, no matter which TF and pair, and minimize it like the picture attached.

For the EAs, it's a hard work to test them (plenty of parameters!!!). The first results are promising on H4 with the "reverse" version (see attached for the parameters).

I start monday forward testing on demo.

FerruFx

MrPip,

Is it possible to make the !xMeter an indicator instead of an EA?

It would be great!

FerruFx

FerruFx:
My answer in red in your post above.

Thanks for your comments.

FerruFx

Hi FerruFx,

Thank you for answering my questions so quickly.

Excuse my misunderstanding, as I had no idea that your latest trading strategy is 'contrarian', which involves trading against a strong trend and is the direct opposite to your original strategy. I misinterpreted 'reverse' version for 'revised' version (assuming the revised version was reducing to 30 pips only), so my fault, I must have missed something along the way.

The trading strategy you are now using to test the EA appears to be:-

i) Wait for a green candle to close.

ii) If the TREND meter is showing a continuing 'UP' trend, with a strength of at least 80%, then immediately enter a SHORT trade (presumably at the open price of the next candle).

iii) Place a 30 pip TP and a 100 pip SL and wait for either to be reached.

iv) The exact opposite will apply for entering a LONG trade.

Is that correct? Am I interpreting the trading strategy accurately now?

Regards,

johnny

FerruFx:
MrPip,

Is it possible to make the !xMeter an indicator instead of an EA?

It would be great!

FerruFx

Let me talk, I hope someone with better coding skills can put me on the right track

Sure it's possible to convert !xMeter as an indicator, but we'll miss numbers of information. It doesn't matter whether price is changed or not, every second !xMeter calculates the data. It uses an infinite loop to repeat the main program. That's way !xMeter is different with common EA/indicator.

Another reason i coded it as an EA because mq4 doesn't allow using an infinite loop in indicator ... maybe at mq5 it will

yorkyjohnny:
The trading strategy you are now using to test the EA appears to be:-

i) Wait for a green candle to close.

ii) If the TREND meter is showing a continuing 'UP' trend, with a strength of at least 80%, then immediately enter a SHORT trade (presumably at the open price of the next candle).

iii) Place a 30 pip TP and a 100 pip SL and wait for either to be reached.

iv) The exact opposite will apply for entering a LONG trade.

Is that correct? Am I interpreting the trading strategy accurately now?

Yes for all. But it's not THE strategy but A strategy. I just find some parameters which could be promissing. Only forward testing will confirm.

Everybody can try some differents strategies with the 2 versions EA (standard and reverse) and find the best settings.

Hope it helps.

FerruFx

rlinac:
Let me talk, I hope someone with better coding skills can put me on the right track

Sure it's possible to convert !xMeter as an indicator, but we'll miss numbers of information. It doesn't matter whether price is changed or not, every second !xMeter calculates the data. It uses an infinite loop to repeat the main program. That's way !xMeter is different with common EA/indicator.

Another reason i coded it as an EA because mq4 doesn't allow using an infinite loop in indicator ... maybe at mq5 it will

If the !xMeter become an indicator, will the results be different or simply refresh less often?

If it's not possible to make it an indicator, is it possible to code 7 buffers into the EA?

Thanks in advance Rlinac!

FerruFx

lowphat:
An indicator refreshes on the tick of the chart its loaded on. if you monitor multi pairs which all refresh at different times the data will not be accurite because it may have ticked on other pairs but the pair you loaded it on has not yet. The results will be different and refresh less. You dont need bufferes for an ea you can just use the logic directly in an ea.

Thanks lowphat!

Reason: