Multi-indics indicator - page 17

claypot:
Big Joe,

If you have time and if it's possible can you add the NZDUSD pair thanks

I've added the pair but the coding part need changes as you can see in the picture

Cheers.

Claypot,

You should demand to Ferrufx, as he is the engineer of this project

daet:
Hi Ferru I downloaded and attached your indicators on Post 93, well this has destroyed my Metatrader. It loads up but then locks up whilst the hardrive is constanly accessed. It was stuck in this mode the whole night. How do i remove these indicators before starting up Metatrader.?

I've found myself in this situation before (not with these indicators). What worked for me was this:

Go to MT4 folder and open subfolder "profiles", then "default".

In there you will find the charts that were open the last time MT4 was on. Delete them (or cut and paste somewhere else) and re-srart MT4. You will have to draw the charts again, but you will not be stuck anymore.

It has worked for me. I hope it does the same for you.

FerruFX,

If you have time and if it's possible could you add the NZDUSD pair to the indi that'll be great...thanks in advance

Cheers.

First I would like to compliment FerruFX on a very decent thread, your effort and will to help others is to be respected, also I found the contributions of yorkyjohnny to be quite interesting and in the dirrection of improving the versatility of the indicator. I wish I had something more simple to add to his comments unfortunatly my addition might be a hefty one, nonetheles as it might be usefull I think it might be worth the effort.

The coefficient added for each time frame is a good idea but IMHO maybe we are lacking another input which is another coefficient for the indicators themselves, in other words is there a way to add a seperate coefficient for each indicator meaning that for each time frame this coefficient will be variant for example if I see the MACD to be of importance on the 4 hour time frame then with such an option available I would give it a high setting for this frame while setting it to a lower value on say the one minute time frame. This will give us more parameters to play with in a trial to optimize the performance . Just my two cents.

Another thing on post 67 page 7 Mart-Hart attached a chart where on the bottom right we can see the indicators represented as colored red or green boxes , i am not sure if this is an option of this indicator or if it is another one and how do i obtain it.

Files:
ferru.gif  10 kb

Oh damn !

I made a mistake

For the strength meter, it is rlinac the engineer of the project.

Please excuze me

phenomena27:
Another thing on post 67 page 7 Mart-Hart attached a chart where on the bottom right we can see the indicators represented as colored red or green boxes , i am not sure if this is an option of this indicator or if it is another one and how do i obtain it.

Hi you will find that indicator here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176435

Its by CJA, Another bit of quality work

Mart

mart-hart:
Hi you will find that indicator here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176435

Its by CJA, Another bit of quality work

Mart

Thanks Mart , actually been looking for the indicator for a couple of days without even knowing the name my chances where one in a million

yorkyjohnny:
Is it possible to program the indicator to display the TREND box "Up" or "Down" only, at any given point, on any TF, detirmined by wherever the cursor is placed over a candle?

You have created an excellent trend forcasting indy, that I believe can only be improved upon in regards to the accuracy of its % readouts, by changing the combination of certain parameters, settings, TF's etc. You have now made this possible to do, but the permutations for selection are numerous and the only way to test each one at the moment, is to painstakingly sit at the screen and watch a 1 min chart to observe its "up" and "down" forecasts during different price movements.

Unfortunately, this type of indy can only be tested in realtime, unlike many other graphical types such as MACD, RSI, CCI, MA's etc. With those types, you can manually look back over several months, in different TF's and note exactly where price was at in relation to the indy's signal and guage how accurate the signal is.

Much testing is required to make your indy as accurate as we possibly can and for different styles of trading. Scalping for 5-8 pips for example would require faster parameter settings in various indys and lower TF's of M1, M5, M15 and M30. Different settings again perhaps for the day trader who is looking for 20-25 pips per trade wthin a couple of hours, settings that can hopefully handle seesawing patterns.

Being able to manually test various indy settings against historical price data and recognized, ideal points of entry and exit and then tweak the parameters and settings accordingly, in order to consistently achieve the best results, would be the ideal scenario. Without the feature suggested in my opening statement, it will be a very difficult task, not impossible, but very, very time consuming.

I am sorry that my suggestions normally cause you a lot of extra work, but I do believe that the accuracy can be further improved, with a great deal of comparison testing. I have no idea what it entails from a programming perspective, but I will leave it with you for consideration.

Thanks again Johnny for your great comments!

To display the indy "UP/DOWN", if i understand (with my bad english!), you want move it with your mouse and display the results regard to the candlle your are on. The answer is NO. My programming skill does not allow me to make it possible. Sorry.

For backtesting, i make it possible with the parameters "for test only". Only give a date and hour and the results are display for this time and date. Not so easy than the StrategyTester but usefull!

phenomena27:
The coefficient added for each time frame is a good idea but IMHO maybe we are lacking another input which is another coefficient for the indicators themselves, in other words is there a way to add a seperate coefficient for each indicator meaning that for each time frame this coefficient will be variant for example if I see the MACD to be of importance on the 4 hour time frame then with such an option available I would give it a high setting for this frame while setting it to a lower value on say the one minute time frame. This will give us more parameters to play with in a trial to optimize the performance . Just my two cents.

Everything is possible but the problem your request is a big one! I made 2 indy because the files is too "heavy" for mt4. My programming skill does not allow me to make them lighter. As i request in a post some days ago, if a pro-coder want make my indy "light" and all in 1 file ...

phenomena27:

The indicator you see in the right bottom is not mine!!!

Big Joe:
Oh damn !

I made a mistake

For the strength meter, it is rlinac the engineer of the project.

Please excuze me

Right!

Reason: