**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 55

SteveC:
Hi I have just started readingthis thread 5 pages in. I have one question, do the individual timeframe indicators represent the trend at the time of the screen shown or are they per bar for the time frame given. ie. if I am on a 15 minute timeframe are the 30 m, 60 min bars on the indicator adjusted to show the trend at the lower timeframe or is it only the last bar which is correct. There is no possibility of looking back say 20 bars to see what all teh trends were. I have seen this problem before hence the question. It may be that this has been programmed differently.

I wil keep reading as i like the method.

Steve

If I have this right, the bottom timeframe on your MTF will always match your HAS candles. If you bottom timeframe is 1 minute on your MTF, then you would have to look at the last five squares on the 5 minute row to see how the 5 minute candle is doing.

Which Method

bluemoon21:
My live graph for the past 4 weeks. Mainly GBP/JPY on 1 mini. 38 trades, 3 loses. Thank you Don...

Hi Bluemoon21 i think bluepreal asked which method you were useing but i could not find the answer, can you please tell me which method are you useing and what session are you tradeing ie London,Asian or both this will really help to know how you are doing it, may you carry on makeing pips

Many Thanks

David-T

Wow I have read it all.

fxshadow:
If I have this right, the bottom timeframe on your MTF will always match your HAS candles. If you bottom timeframe is 1 minute on your MTF, then you would have to look at the last five squares on the 5 minute row to see how the 5 minute candle is doing.

Thanks, that's how I see it now. What are the squares that have multi colours in them. There isn't any mention in the posts from what I can see.

Also an EA shouldn't be difficult as it only requires a number of indicator calcs(i.e. trends) and the rest is straight forward. If no one has built one I am going to start. I have enough from previous developments to do this in a reaonable timeframe. I also noted that there was a requirement for a dual strategy within an EA. Again not difficult if the EA is generating the trades althoug we will start with something simple. It is possible to identify which strategy generated which trade and to close out only those where particular criteria are met. Over the last 2 years I have built a number of EA's some have been fully automatic(haven't made any profit) and some have been semi auto, using trendlies to close out trades(still no profit) What I have been missing is a Method and this has that ingredient. Its not the entry so much as the exit which is important. Auto EA's just don't handle exits well as there are generally to many variables. If someone has done it already please let me know so I don''t waste anytime. Enough rambling, bed time.

Please elaborate on how you are using the Golden Section indicator

Foreverold:
Not to take from your thread or shoot you down,

But I see the frustrations of several of the posters.

I'm sure the reason they are frustraded is because of late entries, and or not fully understanding your system. Many of them most likey did not read the entire thread.

I do not visit many forums as often as I used to, and hate the Forex factory forum, too many Pussys over there.

Attached is an indicator made by a Russian programmer, Talex,

Elsewhere on this forum someone posted an ebook on the pitchfork (came from a Chineese forum) Do yourself a favor and read about the pitchfork

now add Talex's indicator to your chart and system, there should not be any doubts about your trade

Thanks for comming to this forum Stienitz

Foreverold, can you please elaborate on how you are using the Golden Section indicator to confirm the MTF HAS indicator. The Golden Section indicator is a dynamic indicator so every time I look at it it's center has moved, causing the circles and rays to move. I don't get how to interpret this movement or the meaning of the rays and circles.

Redleg

SteveC:
Thanks, that's how I see it now. What are the squares that have multi colours in them. There isn't any mention in the posts from what I can see. Also an EA shouldn't be difficult as it only requires a number of indicator calcs(i.e. trends) and the rest is straight forward. If no one has built one I am going to start. I have enough from previous developments to do this in a reaonable timeframe. I also noted that there was a requirement for a dual strategy within an EA. Again not difficult if the EA is generating the trades althoug we will start with something simple. It is possible to identify which strategy generated which trade and to close out only those where particular criteria are met. Over the last 2 years I have built a number of EA's some have been fully automatic(haven't made any profit) and some have been semi auto, using trendlies to close out trades(still no profit) What I have been missing is a Method and this has that ingredient. Its not the entry so much as the exit which is important. Auto EA's just don't handle exits well as there are generally to many variables. If someone has done it already please let me know so I don''t waste anytime. Enough rambling, bed time.

The outside color of a square corresponds to the wick on the HAS candle. The color of the wick is the color you go with. A square with a different color

in the inside shows a change in momentum.

Somebody on FF built an EA, but I don't know if it worked or not. Bluto is working on an EA here that will let the user change many variables based on strategy.

fxshadow:
The outside color of a square corresponds to the wick on the HAS candle. The color of the wick is the color you go with. A square with a different color

in the inside shows a change in momentum.

Somebody on FF built an EA, but I don't know if it worked or not. Bluto is working on an EA here that will let the user change many variables based on strategy.

I am working on an EA too.Since you said that somebody on FF have built one,can you send it to me ?I will check whether it work or not.Great thanks.

By the way,I belive that my EA on this method will come in to born today or tomorrow.then I will post it to this forum.

lee_yan_cn:
I am working on an EA too.Since you said that somebody on FF have built one,can you send it to me ?I will check whether it work or not.Great thanks. By the way,I belive that my EA on this method will come in to born today or tomorrow.then I will post it to this forum.

Here is the latest EA that I can find.

Files:

lee_yan_cn,

I noticed that when I change the number of bars to display on your new MTF indicator that it doesn't change anything on the display.

David_T

Being as I live in Perth, W. Australia, it suits me to trade in the Asian and the London session, where the Guppy does better than the Majors. I use the original method most and I watch [some times exit?] the 50pip line from the 00.00 GMT open.

bluemoon21

fxshadow:
lee_yan_cn, I noticed that when I change the number of bars to display on your new MTF indicator that it doesn't change anything on the display.

yes,the original version of MTF indicator can set the "max MaxBars" to decide the max num to show. I have deleted it.So it always show all the bars's MTF indicator.it may take a few more seconds,but I prefer to show all.

Reason: