**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 60

daraknor:
For people who are trying to write EA, indicators or can't get their chart working:

There is a much easier way to determine the color of the bars: look at how they are calculated. The bars are a cross of two moving averages.

MA period 6, method 2. (I'll call this SlowMA - red)

MA period 2, method 2. (I'll call this FastMA - yellow)

HeikenAshi uses a derived method of drawing the bar. Some people like it more, but I don't see much point. The color of the bar is determined by a very simple method. If FastMA is above SlowMA, the color is blue. If FastMA is above SlowMA, the color is red.

The entry system therefore is a simple MA cross.

Calculate the MA Cross for multiple timeframes, and you have all of your entry points in a few lines of code. As the consensus seems to be, the issue is the exit point. Some people think an MA cross is historically accurate but unimportant in prediction, I take a fairly extreme position in this regard. The HAS system has additional lag on entry because it recommends the use of closed bars to avoid repainting. At the least an MA cross is a 'weak indicator' of future performance.

I personally consider the "exit" to be important, and I consider SL to be important as well. It would be easy to post only gains with no SL, you simply wait for the trade to go positive before you close the trade. If this is done, one should try very hard to avoid extreme highs and lows of the market to avoid a 'permanent loss'. How many people are waiting for EURUSD to return to 0.9000? Probably none that are still in business.

I can make an EA that has a random entry in the middle of the market, only closes on profit and narrowly avoids complete account failure if anyone is interested.

I attached an image to demonstrate the MA settings changing color of the indicator.

You are of course probably right. The difference is being able to see multiple timeframed trends at a single glance which is other wise improbable. Note I didn't say impossible. :-) I read somewhere recently that a good system should be simple without being simplistic. This one certainly qualifies and seems to work for many. It has done today for me.

Update

fxfc:
Hi All

I'm having difficulty loading Has, Need help!! I downloader the indicators from the 24/4, having first removed the older versions (which I had no difficulty with) from my indicators list..OOPS forgot to close charts that were calling for indicators - kept freezing then shutdown error.. Had to remove the platform and download from scratch..... Loaded indicators and templates.... tried to set up chart first with template and then by loading each indicator, (starting with Has then superimposing HAS2)triple checking the input settings shutdown platform and reloaded again had what looked good then switched charts when i came back the HAS and Has2 were solid rows with no shading or distinctions between blocks.....!!!!!! Then remembered there was a MT4 platform update that I installed this morning.. Could this have something to do with the difficulty if not maybe someone may have a suggestions.

Always looking for a witty line

Did the new update delete any of your Custom indicators or EA's. The last one did. I assume you have checked they are still there.

SteveC:
I can't see how thats true, not wishing to be contentious as all objects can be deleted. I have a Clear ALL script which is just a ObjectsDeleteALL and that always works. Just does what it says on the box and in my previous message. And a Clear All template as well for no extra charge. Make sure you putthe template in the correct template directory, there are 2. Its the one that looks like this "C:\FXDD MT4\templates". May be named differantly. These may help. Steve

The "tpl clear" works great and is a nice tool. I placed it in the templete folder. But for the "SMC clear all" where does it go and what does it do differently?

TIA

Trading statement attached

Started over and could only find two trades yesterday on the 1hr TF's. 2 for 2 on the "scalping method."

Not much to show but wanted to share.

Files:

steinitz:
The "tpl clear" works great and is a nice tool. I placed it in the templete folder. But for the "SMC clear all" where does it go and what does it do differently? TIA

The other is a script and deletes just objects whereas the tpl one clears everything objects & indicators. Sorry I didn't make that clear

lee_yan_cn:
The indicator on the bottom of your chart looks great!Can you share it with me? Great Thanks!

unbelievable lee-yan, nice job, can't wait to test it!!

Thank you

bluemoon21:
For David_T, 50 pips UP from the open and 50 pips DOWN from the open. BUT don't place too much faith in these because Guppy [and others] will travel thru them a lot of the times. Like Pivot Points etc they are a good place to take profit from IF you are in a SCALPING time frame, IF you have pips in the bag on an small Intraday time frame.... IMHO

Thank you Bluemoon21 for the answers

Thanks Daraknor

Originally Posted by daraknor

For people who are trying to write EA, indicators or can't get their chart working:

There is a much easier way to determine the color of the bars: look at how they are calculated. The bars are a cross of two moving averages.

MA period 6, method 2. (I'll call this SlowMA - red)

MA period 2, method 2. (I'll call this FastMA - yellow)

HeikenAshi uses a derived method of drawing the bar. Some people like it more, but I don't see much point. The color of the bar is determined by a very simple method. If FastMA is above SlowMA, the color is blue. If FastMA is above SlowMA, the color is red.

Thanks for the insight Daraknor...so much to learn...Are you saying this method can only be used in trending markets and will be late entry and late exit?

sorry to disrupt this thread with newbie question.

redleg1277:
Foreverold, can you please elaborate on how you are using the Golden Section indicator to confirm the MTF HAS indicator. The Golden Section indicator is a dynamic indicator so every time I look at it it's center has moved, causing the circles and rays to move. I don't get how to interpret this movement or the meaning of the rays and circles. Redleg

The indicator is based on a book by Robert Fisher, do a google search for winphi, which is his charting program, this will lead you to more info on Fisher and his book

steinitz:
Started over and could only find two trades yesterday on the 1hr TF's. 2 for 2 on the "scalping method." Not much to show but wanted to share.

What settings are you using for the 4xMasterHAS-Ver2.2 to obtain these results?

Thanks for your help.

yezbick

Reason: