**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 61

Hi.

I noticed that HA bar changing color from red-blue or blue-red.. for example if we put the indicator in 1hr tf.. sometimes the HA bar start from blue then turns red.. finally blue again within 1 hour .. How can we predict?

Sundowner:
Originally Posted by daraknor

For people who are trying to write EA, indicators or can't get their chart working:

There is a much easier way to determine the color of the bars: look at how they are calculated. The bars are a cross of two moving averages.

MA period 6, method 2. (I'll call this SlowMA - red)

MA period 2, method 2. (I'll call this FastMA - yellow)

HeikenAshi uses a derived method of drawing the bar. Some people like it more, but I don't see much point. The color of the bar is determined by a very simple method. If FastMA is above SlowMA, the color is blue. If FastMA is above SlowMA, the color is red.

Thanks for the insight Daraknor...so much to learn...Are you saying this method can only be used in trending markets and will be late entry and late exit?

sorry to disrupt this thread with newbie question.

Any system that uses Moving averages has two simple choices. #1 Use the closed bar and always enter a bar late. #2 Use the open bar and watch the indicator change back and forth over and over.

On a very basic level, HAS is a moving average cross using the settings for the HAS indicator. It is much easier to program a simple moving average cross

if (MAFast > MASlow) EnterBuy(); if (MAFast < MASlow) EnterSell();

That's it, that is the amazing brains of a color based HAS system. If you want it to work on multiple timeframes, there is a little more work involved. If you want it to be good and profitable, there is a lot more work involved.

I am reducing this to it's simplest form, but I believe in calling a Duck a Duck and not a `flying migrating waterfowl` and then making it seem more mysterious. HAS = MA Cross.

Yo drakanor. Why is it you have to show up everwhere and complicate everything with your mr. scientist shlock? HAS sytem ROCKS! so just go away and leave us alone man we're making boatloads of pips and dont need no complex view on something so simple. its guys like you that take nice simple stuff and muck it up.

Ted - Daraknor is trying to help us

Ted, some of us appreciate Daraknor's insight. For those who don't need/want that insight, they just need to tune out! - simple really.

Daraknor is, of course, completly correct, this is just another moving average yawn, watch in wonder as more and more 'filters' are added as people get whipsawed. Been coming to this site for about a year now and people just keep coming up with the same old lame ass moving average and/or martingale systems none of which work when real world concearns such as 'risk managment' or 'stop losses' come into the picture. Listen closely folks, YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO TRADE, if you think that you are going to slap together some MQL EA which is going to make you rich without going though the process of actually learning to trade, you are dreaming, do you not think smarter and better backed people have not already been down this road a million times? If there was some magic combination of indicators do you not think it would be all over the internet?

Que: People telling Craig he's full of s**t and they are all going to be gazillionires using this new disguise for moving average uselessness.

Ah...that feels better had to get that off my chest...ok, let the beatings proceed!

Camarilla

I am sorry, I was away from my computer, so I missed the replies. Thanks to all for the help.I have 1 last question on the camarilla subject. Is Monday (before Europe session) a good time to put the camarilla lines up? Or if not, how do you guys manage the timing? When exactly do they start looking right after the weekend?

Thanks again...

wow....Craig! Does this mean I should give all the pips back ?

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion but those of us that are making money using this system will probably continue to do so in spite of all the people telling us it can't work.

Yeah...I will feel bad about it....but not too bad.

Craig:
Daraknor is, of course, completly correct, this is just another moving average yawn, watch in wonder as more and more 'filters' are added as people get whipsawed. Been coming to this site for about a year now and people just keep coming up with the same old lame ass moving average and/or martingale systems none of which work when real world concearns such as 'risk managment' or 'stop losses' come into the picture. Listen closely folks, YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO TRADE, if you think that you are going to slap together some MQL EA which is going to make you rich without going though the process of actually learning to trade, you are dreaming, do you not think smarter and better backed people have not already been down this road a million times? If there was some magic combination of indicators do you not think it would be all over the internet?

Que: People telling Craig he's full of s**t and they are all going to be gazillionires using this new disguise for moving average uselessness.

Ah...that feels better had to get that off my chest...ok, let the beatings proceed!

I agree what has been said about this method being another way to visualize MA's. I do like the smoothing effect and the colors since men are more visual then woman. I had to throw that in.

I forecast that the best results will come from the scalping method. Why? Because it does give me a nice prospective of the trend strength with candles offering some insight to changes in volatility.

As I write to you I am going back and forth with Lee on the alerts that will be the foundation for the EA. This guy rocks and calls himself a newbie. I couldn't even imagine what this guy is capable of doing once he claims he is no longer new to this.

It's 1:00 AM and we are working on coding and ideas for an alert and or EA.

Nite to all

personal malfunction

Can someone tell me what my malfunction is? After loading all of the "updated" stuff from the beginning, I can't seem to get it to function right. Could someone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks.

Files:
problem.jpg  35 kb

Does HA Smoothed repaint?

Hi Don Steinitz,

May I ask you something? I'm gonna put this indicator of 4TF

Does HA Smoothed indicator repaint, so there is a change on wick part and body part? OR on wick part only?

Reason: