Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 38

ChicagoRob:
That's outrageously cool. I may become a short time

frame believer after all! The 4% EP is your safety

net. At that rate, one can afford some EP hits. In fact,

I'd be willing to go 10-15%, if the EA can successfully

stay in the game.

Rob

Yes that is part of my safety, about the only part, but it works very well. In fact if you adjust the EP higher it will run like crap, DD's go way up also the settings were sought with that in mind, it was no accident.

I designed the settings of all my EA's FOR protection, not for profit. I could adjust and tweak for profit but then trading that and riding out the dips would be really nerve racking, STRESSFUL!! Been there done that, NOT fun ~

There's alot more to finding good settings then just trying a bunch of numbers this way and that way and noting which one does better. Adjusting the MAJOR settings first and working down to the slightest. Knowing how they interact, how pushing down here lifts up that there. That to me is the "second level" of tweaking, then there's the third...

The third is taking what level 1 (scans for best settings) & level 2 (learn how they intereact with each other) have shown you and building the bridges between the right ones and separating others and making all the pieces of the clock work TOGETHER" to successfully "read" or "take the pulse" of what your trading so you can set the settings to be SAFE yet as profitable as you can.

The better you are at doing this the "cleaner" they run (lower DD's, higher win rate, etc). I would consider someone to be level three who knows how to scan for a safe setting or for all out profit or who can bleed the two together for a great general all-purpose setting, or who can trade a daily chart and twist the settings to run on a minute chart yet keep the trading sharp.

I think, and will always think I suck at doing this, but I think that is what keeps my mind open and always learning. Because the FACT of the matter is, there is ALWAYS a BETTER setting to find until it trades PERFECT. So I guess I tend to be a little hard on myself at times.

Like trying to sharpen up those "little" drawdowns in that minute chart with a stoploss... I've been through the settings so much that I'm down to trying to figure out how to improve that!

I also learned tonight that Blessing operates on "cycles" (I don't know how else to say it, this is new to me as well but tested out]. That is, you can start Blessing in 3 different charts at different times of the cycles and it will pick up and trade where it is placed within the cycle. Think of a rabbit jumping, there's the bounce up [chart on the left], the arch and the landing [chart on the right] then it repeats. The pic attached shows this as the one on the left was in BUY mode as the one in the right was in SELL mode. See for yourself. Same broker, two separate accounts, same EA settings.

One closed out with a profit and the other is about to it looks like. That is a surprise too!

FYI I am running a forward test with 3 accounts and this 1 min setting. I want to see if I'm wasting my time or if it really can run in a 1 min chart.

What I haven't figured out yet is HOW to tell WHERE in the cycle you are or where do you WANT TO BE within the cycle, whats the best time? I've never even heard of anyone ever talking about this but it explains why people with the same broker get different results. I think we're on the cutting edge of understanding deeper just how the pieces fit together with EA's and reading the market.

Didn't mean to be so long, but everything here is truth and note-worthy IMO.

I'll figure out this cycle timing thing, just give me some time to ponder it. There has to be a way to guage or measure it, time it...

Any idea's anyone?...

G-night board

Chart ~

seank:
That's super simple to add to Blessing. WealthyAffiliate.com - The Wealthy Affiliate University has a few like this. I could make a mod fo ryou if you want to test this out. Like a Stoch_slow, Stoch_fast period and time_frame too ? The lower we go on TF we may need to adjust the confirming periods.. anyhow, just tell me how you would like it.

Hey seank ~

If you really want to give it a go...

I like a FULL Stochastic, not the fast or slow, tweaks the best trust me And if you could make it so we can adjust the 80/20 default horizontal lines

that would be a plus. A Take Profit might be nice to screw around with to in a back test and see if anything interesting comes to light...

Also the Full Stochastic settings need to be adjustable also, I think I was useing 4,2,2

We can also replicate a higher charts Stochastic reading by adjusting it higher. Like in one 5 min chart you might have your quick 4,2,2 and then a 50,3,3 this way you can see where the REAL oversold and overbought conditions are by averaging in more bars, get what I mean? Then it will act more like a 1 hr Stochastic, but all in just one 5 min chart. Just look at the 1 hr chart and then tweak the 5 minute higher setting till it matches it.

-cheap trick ~

There's a million ways to look at things, never did this in a EA but I'm sure I can figure out if it can work or not

and yes... I can't sleep! lol ~

Had to see how those different cycles closed out on those two "same" systems, --if they were profitable or not, and they were! Have a look ~

Which is good news so neither one took a hit.

It will be interesting when a drawdown happens to see if BOTH are affected. And by the looks of the "bounce" spacing off of the other profit graph we should be seeing a DD anytime now if the spacing between the DD's stay rythmatic.

(is that a word?! ha)

So I'm waiting for the DD, but as of now all test EA's still trading perfect and profitable in the 1 min charts

Which should make for Nice dream$ tonight.

Chart ~

Multiple Time Frame Stoch cross over

chartwalker:
seank

Stochastic crossover that is positive, closes when it crosses negative. Likewise when the 1 hr chart's Stochastic crosses negative the 5 min chart trades ONLY SELLS and closes the trade every time Stochastic crosses positive.

Chart ~

That's super simple to add to Blessing. strategies revealed has a few like this. I could make a mod fo ryou if you want to test this out. Like a Stoch_slow, Stoch_fast period and time_frame too ? The lower we go on TF we may need to adjust the confirming periods.. anyhow, just tell me how you would like it.

chartwalker:
Still going strong ~ Chart

Great performance. But, I have to ask: You're trading

with .17 starting lots? That's pretty ballsy! On a

10-cent/pip account, you're dealing with $1.70/pip!

Rob

cycle theory

hi chartwalker,

i think there is no cycletheory hidden in this EA. It's that simple. When you start the EA with MA for indication of trend it will place it's orders in the distance of defined grids. After that it starts trading. After TP it checks the conditions again and starts trading with setting buy/sellstopp and buyselllimit again.

Rob II

Hi Chart

I've been testing the 15 min eurchf for 2 weeks, and its been performing ok, closed 6 levels today. Sorry I don't have anything to illustrate.

Its really interesting this work you are doing, but unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I can't help you in that respect, but I am willing to do forward testing if that's any help (I don't know how to do back tests unfortunately).

I do sincerely hope you will share, if and when you find what you are looking for.

Oh and why fxequitybuilder? sounds like a dogs bollock reading the reviews

chartwalker:
Hello Board!

Just wondering if anyone has been testing any of the 5 or 15 min settings that were posted a page or two back? There was an aggressive & smooth 5 min setting and that 15 min setting in the EUR/CHF.

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/test_lab/all_forex_tests/GrossEquityChangeWeekly/desc

RConcu:
hi chartwalker,

i think there is no cycletheory hidden in this EA. It's that simple. When you start the EA with MA for indication of trend it will place it's orders in the distance of defined grids. After that it starts trading. After TP it checks the conditions again and starts trading with setting buy/sellstopp and buyselllimit again.

Rob II

Hey Rob II ~

I think you miss understood me, it's not in the EA, but is determined by WHEN you place the EA on the chart... If you place it at the bottom, mid, or top of the pairs cycle,.... that is what affects how the EA trades, or WHERE it trades, or STARTS it's calculating....

You can try to place the EA on the same charts but at different times and the EA will start trading at different places... Therefore my conclusion was at what point is it best to attach it to a chart?

It looks like if you can catch a absolute bottom or top that it's best.

The results that I keep posting, look at the chart how it catches tops and bottoms VERY well! It's because it was placed on the chart better then the others were.

--yet they all are in the green

But this one is far more "smooth."

That's what I meant... hope I got my point across because it will help your trades.

Later ~

Chart

pudseybear:
Hi Chart

I've been testing the 15 min eurchf for 2 weeks, and its been performing ok, closed 6 levels today. Sorry I don't have anything to illustrate.

Its really interesting this work you are doing, but unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I can't help you in that respect, but I am willing to do forward testing if that's any help (I don't know how to do back tests unfortunately).

I do sincerely hope you will share, if and when you find what you are looking for.

Oh and why fxequitybuilder? sounds like a dogs bollock reading the reviews

Hey Pudseybear ~

You don't know how to backtest huh?...

NOW YOU DO!!!

YouTube - How to Backtest in MetaTrader

Bunch of video's to watch, in fact type in any question and research it there!!

What I'm looking for:

I'm just trying to get the "cleanest" system I can. You see when everything runs smooth it trades well, has low drawdown etc. If it isn't "tuned in right" you'll have bad trades, little profit and big drawdowns.

So, therefore, the cleaner you can dail in things the better it will perform.

I want to tweak at things until I cannot figure out a way to make them any better. Then I want to make some money

It just takes a super amount of work trying to figure out the right roadmap in the code to follow or adjust to. But the testing we do TELLS US what it likes and what it doesn't like.

Simple really, just alot of work!! ~~~

Your data is what fuels the work being done here. If you're backtesting please report good things and bad things. EVERYTHING is adjustable ~

Data is the only way to get to where we want to be. [someplace warm and sunny with a drink in our hand ]

Enjoy the video's!!

You'll be up and testing in no time!!

Chart ~

pudseybear:
Hi Chart Oh and why fxequitybuilder? sounds like a dogs bollock reading the reviews

I have been watching that at that site for about 3 weeks, click on the "View report" links to the right. Take a look at that profit gragh and it's trades.

That's why

You see all I need is something that does actually run half decent, from there I can dial in a setting myself, and I bet better then what the builders have it set at.

Chart ~

cycles theory

Hey Chart ~

i see, i think i understand what you mean. If you trade with the Bollingerflag == True i think the EA is not always doing what it should. I've reviewed the code and could eliminate this phenomena for me.

Bollingerflag is added to catch the turnarround point of market and get the pips. If you fail it will start martingale and add positions till it retraces.

What happens when BB == True and Stoch & Volume is TRUE. It works as designed, when BB-Bands are reached the first retrace (i think it's 14 Pips from BBHigh or BBLow) it starts with a buy (at BBLow) or sell (at BBHigh). Soemtimes it also places BuyStopp and BuyLimit orders from tho 'old logic' without Bollinger & Stoch. This may look like these cycles, i think.

i putted in these additional code and you can then try to start the EA synchronous.

Search the part in the code and add Code highlighted in red. I hope this will solve the cycles ;-)

else if (Bollinger == True){ //if (MC==0) {

if (Close[0] < bdx && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,0,1) < 20 && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,1,1) < 20){

if (cbs==0) {

if (tp2 >= 10) OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lot,Ask,0,buysl,Ask+tp2*Point,TradeComment,magic,0,Blue);

return;

}

}

//if (MC==1) {

if (Close[0] > bux && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,0,1) > 80 && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,1,1) > 80){

if (css==0) {

if (tp2 >= 10) OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lot,Bid,0,sellsl,Bid-tp2*Point,TradeComment,magic,0,Red);

return;

}

}

}

}

overall i'm very impressed about the hard work you do. Impressing EP at 4%. But maybe we should accept the DD and try to built in a lock for Breakeven function for getting more Profit after a retrace with aa additional trailing stopp.

i was wondering that you were not longer posting your 5-min and 1-min versions with your last settings, but then i read your post about sharing your resukts. That's fair. Maybe i can help to improve results to then get the last version ;-).

also special thanks to Rob, Jepm ... and all the others who help to find the best EA.

Rob II

Reason: