JLPi Grid EA - page 6

matrixebiz:
How do I decrease the amount to trades it makes? Decrease Percent and MAPeriod? and what happens with stop loss again if all of a sudden there is a 300 pip drop? Thanks

If you want less trades, the best way is to increase the TrendInterval parameter.

Percent just change when you bail out all current trades

MAPeriod is onl for the choice to go long or short or both.

It is a grid EA, so if there is a 300 pip move against him, it will take more trades and wait for the price to come back on the positive side.

txsundevil:
Forward Statement Attached Velocity4x 1 Hour Timeframe. EA seems to be going nowwhere.

I think that it is the normal behaviour for a grid EA that have big Interval.

It makes money when price oscilates. In the present case as the interval is pretty large (70 at least) it requests several large oscillations to start to make money. Before that it is pretty much break even.

So you need to test it for several weeks in order to see the actual behaviour.

Of course if you set the Interval at 10 or 20 you will see it much quickly but the risk of ruin will increase exponentially as well... (like for the majority of grid or martingale EAs)

matrixebiz:
Hi, seems to have made a profit this week but what this EA needs is for it to stop trading on Friday and close off the weeks rest of the trades. Can you make the mods? Thanks

I could change it but I think that one week maybe too short (of course it depends on the week), that's why I set the parameter "Percent".

if you want you can put less than 5 (for instance 2) if you think that it is better.

The idea is to close everything only if there is profit, so I wouldn't like to close everything on Friday if I am not in profit.

Do you think that closing everything on Friday if there is a profit is an improvement?

merge with martingale?

hi jlpi,

ever thought of merging your system with a martingale? it could hedge against ranging periods at the same time keeping drawdowns and to a minimal and lower margin requirements.

wilson.

wstang888:
hi jlpi,

ever thought of merging your system with a martingale? it could hedge against ranging periods at the same time keeping drawdowns and to a minimal and lower margin requirements.

wilson.

Do you mean to have a martingale system trading on the opposite side of this EA?

Ranging periods are not a proble, it is more trending period that are if they are in the wrong way. In this case maybe a martingale system could help in hedging and keeping a drawdown lower.I was als othinking of a system where the order size depends on the orders already opened (if there are more orders against us, the size will be bigger)

jlpi:
Do you mean to have a martingale system trading on the opposite side of this EA? Ranging periods are not a proble, it is more trending period that are if they are in the wrong way. In this case maybe a martingale system could help in hedging and keeping a drawdown lower.I was als othinking of a system where the order size depends on the orders already opened (if there are more orders against us, the size will be bigger)

what i was thinking was opening buy and sell positions simultaneously with different lot sizes. on the side opposing the trend, the lot sizes would double while the side going with the trend would continue opening positions thereby adding to the profitability. together, this would lessen the usual martingale risks. a dynamic pip step will be a great addition to your ea so it could vary with the volatility of the pair.

am actually currently running a martingale ea on my real account only on eurusd. why eurusd? coz of it's lower daily range and spread and has more probability of a 30-50 pip retracement, where the martingale system thrives.

what you think?

wilson.

jlpi:
It is a grid EA, so if there is a 300 pip move against him, it will take more trades and wait for the price to come back on the positive side.

Hi, jlpi....

Thanks for sharing your EA..... now I'm forward testing your EA (standard setting)

In my test, I saw JLPi EA doesnt have SL only TP... after close one position in profit...than JLPi EA open buy and sell order again.... And for old one position floating in minus, my question is... what if the price didnt come back to positive side? Do we have to wait as long as possible?

dedywind

dedywind:
Hi, jlpi....

Thanks for sharing your EA..... now I'm forward testing your EA (standard setting)

In my test, I saw JLPi EA doesnt have SL only TP... after close one position in profit...than JLPi EA open buy and sell order again.... And for old one position floating in minus, my question is... what if the price didnt come back to positive side? Do we have to wait as long as possible?

dedywind

Your understood correctly the way the EA functions.

In order to avoid that some loosing orders float forever there is a function that closes all open orders when a certain profit percent is reached (parameter Percent). Then we can start a new clean grid.

So it doesn't have to really come back but just to make enough profit to allow to close the remaining floating orders.

Grid Systems??

I'm rather new to trading grid style EA's. I'm not sure if there is a certain set of rules that pertain the grid-style trading. I ran this EA through the strategy tester about 8 times and it kept giving me different results. At first it placed both buy and sell orders. Then it started just placing buy orders like a counter-trend martingale EA. I have a couple of ideas that I think could help improve the function of grid-systems such as this on(similar to the ideas that have already been presented) but I want to make sure I understand them first. Could someone please explain the theory behind the EA?

Thanks In Advance

Jar

jarcrocker:
I'm rather new to trading grid style EA's. I'm not sure if there is a certain set of rules that pertain the grid-style trading. I ran this EA through the strategy tester about 8 times and it kept giving me different results. At first it placed both buy and sell orders. Then it started just placing buy orders like a counter-trend martingale EA. I have a couple of ideas that I think could help improve the function of grid-systems such as this on(similar to the ideas that have already been presented) but I want to make sure I understand them first. Could someone please explain the theory behind the EA?

Thanks In Advance

Jar

The EA places orders at regular intervals and take profits when the next interval is reached.

If there is a clear long term trend (according to MA and ADX) it will open orders only in the same way the trend is going.

if there is no clear trend it will open both buy and sell orders trying to benefit on both ways in a ranging market.

To avoid to keep some loosing orders forever, we close all open orders when a certain percentage of profits is reached.

They are the main concepts for this EA.

Reason: