JLPi Grid EA - page 9

jlpi:
Ok thanks.

That really looks like the expected behaviour of the EA.

Matrixebiz, Idon't see anything wrong in your settings as it should open 1 microlot but I am surprised of the results you gave because how can you have so large float wit hmicrolots?

For the moment I am very busy with my work and other EAs and I don't have time to do modifications on this one. Maybe I will have more time in about 10 days

Ok well, because I like to test all currencies to see which one handles the EA best and makes profit every week so if I have 50-70 trades going at the same time, times that by -$5 to -$15 each, that will be high so the -$570 is just because I had so many currencies open and many trades open.

Here is what my one at work did with different settiings;

TrendInterval=66.00000000

Spread=4

MAPeriod=75

ADXThreshold=20

Percent=4.00000000

MultiplierTrendInterval=1.40000000

Risk=0.10000000

MicroLots=1

MinLots=0.01000000

matrixebiz:

also, would it me much trouble to add a SL and TP user option so I could do testing with it?

Matrixebiz,

good news I found 5 mins to make a quick modification. I added SL as an option.

The parameter is StopLoss. If set to 0 it means no stop loss as it is currently and a value >0 means a stop loss of this value in point.

I will update the EA in the first post.

For the TP it already existed even if not directly as a parameter. The TP = TrendInterval - Spread. So change Spread for a different TP with the same interval.

jlpi:
Matrixebiz,

good news I found 5 mins to make a quick modification. I added SL as an option.

The parameter is StopLoss. If set to 0 it means no stop loss as it is currently and a value >0 means a stop loss of this value in point.

I will update the EA in the first post.

For the TP it already existed even if not directly as a parameter. The TP = TrendInterval - Spread. So change Spread for a different TP with the same interval.

Cool, thanks

So what currencies have you found to work best on?

guernica:
This Ea looks nice to trade in real (she as the curiosity to trade pairs GBP and Yen).

I have some suggestions:

- I think the EA asn't a trail stop, to trail and secure profit. Such it was good to add a TS and a BE (or with BEpips and BE like makegrid BE), for maximize the movement ?

- Other idea its added the CCI to filter the entry on trade and use a system, like Pacman, to close all trades (when a loser position is in danger and to secure profit).

Best Regards.

-------------------------------

Nex week i go post a statement with: usdy; eury; gbpy; chfy; gbpchf; gbpusd.

Best Regards

Nice.

This Ea looks nice to trade in real (she as the curiosity to trade pairs GBP and Yen).

I have some suggestions:

- I think the EA asn't a trail stop, to trail and secure profit. Such it was good to add a TS and a BE (or with BEpips and BE like makegrid BE), for maximize the movement ?

- Other idea its added the MA's and CCI to filter the entry on trade and use a system, like Pacman, to close all trades (when a loser position is in danger and to secure profit).

Best Regards.

guernica:

I have some suggestions:

- Other idea its added the MA's and CCI to filter the entry on trade and use a system, like Pacman, to close all trades (when a loser position is in danger and to secure profit).

Best Regards.

For the trailing stop, I am not too much in favor of this idea because for instance in case of ranging market where we have oders both ways, it is important that we get the total pips from the TP because if we would take only a partial profit with a TS it will not cover the loss of the opposite order

The idea with the CCI can be good specialy if it is reliable to cut the loser positions. Do you have more information on how it is done in Pacman or do we have to dig into the code?

Trader83:
Hi, jlpi! Here are the results of forward testing from 21 March, 4 majors. Max floating minus was about -800. Regards

Hi Trader83,

What setting parameters are you using? Or just default? Could you post the set file please. Thanks a lot

Best,

jlpi:
For the trailing stop, I am not too much in favor of this idea because for instance in case of ranging market where we have oders both ways, it is important that we get the total pips from the TP because if we would take only a partial profit with a TS it will not cover the loss of the opposite order The idea with the CCI can be good specialy if it is reliable to cut the loser positions. Do you have more information on how it is done in Pacman or do we have to dig into the code?

---------------------------------

Excuse but i haven't that information it's only a idea. If know i say you.

Best Regards

Hi jlpi,

From the code of your ea, it seems that you use global variables on init and refbalance. Inside init code, new calculation for nextup, nextdown, etc are done. So, if this ea is opened in multiple pairs, will it affect one another variables?

Thanks

Cheers,

Reason: