JLPi Grid EA - page 11

jlpi:
yes you definitely need to remove the #define You should use int because the magic number is not a double (double is for decimal numbers like 1.4)

Ok, thanks.

also, can you take a look at the pic. it seems to be trading way to much. What should I change on my settings?

Files:
trade.jpg  88 kb

matrixebiz,

I don't see the parameter TrendInterval, that is maybe what you need to adjust and put it bigger.

Otherwise I see a StopLoss of 20 that looks very much too small for me, but the TrendInterval can also be the key.

Max trades

I think one way is to limit the number of trades (the total number of lots open). I am not sure how to code it though. Any idea?

matrixebiz:
Ok, thanks. also, can you take a look at the pic. it seems to be trading way to much. What should I change on my settings?

jlpi:
matrixebiz,

I don't see the parameter TrendInterval, that is maybe what you need to adjust and put it bigger.

Otherwise I see a StopLoss of 20 that looks very much too small for me, but the TrendInterval can also be the key.

--------------------------------

I think each time that you modify the settings of ea it initiates almost a new trade.

Thats it ?

Best Regards.

guernica:
--------------------------------

I think each time that you modify the settings of ea it initiates almost a new trade.

Thats it ?

Best Regards.

Yes, it is true. Every time ou change the parameters it iniates a new grid.

jlpi:
matrixebiz,

Ok, I'll try it.

What does this error mean? SL is 20

2007.04.27 10:01:36 JLPiGrid CHFJPY,M30: Error setting buy order [JLPi_Grid]: (130) invalid stops

Does anyone know just a simple EA that will buy on a grid I choose as the market goes down and sell as it goes up and that I can choose just BUY, just SELL, or both?

Thanks

Michael

Reason: