Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 60

Unfotunately I couldn't find a way to satisfactory add an InitialStop. I also tried a Hedge order stategy, but it didn't work for me. I rather prefer to use a larger timeframe(H4), larger Pips value(18) and small lot sizes. With my lot sizes level 8 means max lot size=2 and total lots=4.7 . Compare it with the situation when the lots are doubled -> level 8 means max lot size=12.8 and total lots = 25.5

And if there is another move for 50 pips without retrace, you just hold open all positions waiting that the price will come back and hit TP of the 8th position?

2 weeks Bipoler original version

The $ did alot of falling this week and gas prices rose too. I closed all open orders to avoid any gap in the market on Sunday. Berninky is speaking tomorrow morning too.

Dave

Files:

hi

CatMan:
Hi Bluto,

I attach the results for the demo accounts I started this week on 2 brokers (TradexGroup and IBFX). They run with my preffered settings (TP=24, Pips=18, H4 timeframe, EURUSD, lots sequence: 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 1.2, 2.0, 3.5, 6.2 ) I use a 10k demo normal account on TradexG and a 1k mini demo account on IBFX

Unfortunately I lost a harddisk recently and I lost my statements for the previous 4 weeks, but I still have some consolidated results in a spreadsheet - see below:

Period 31.01.07-26.02.07, TradexGroup, 10k account, only EURUSD, H4:

Profit: 689.00

Floating P/L: -14.00

MaxDrawdown: -765.16

Max Lots in my sequence: 3times x 1.2Lots (ie - for 3 times it reached level 7 in my lots sequence)

Period 31.01.07-26.02.07, IBFX, 1k mini account, only EURUSD, H4:

Profit: 66.94

Floating P/L: -0.60

MaxDrawdown: -92.44

Max Lots in my sequence: 1time x 1.2Lots (ie - once it reached level 7 in my lots sequence)

I didn't stop the EA during the news release (my computers run 24/24)

I'm testing some other variants of this EA, but so far I prefer the original Goblin Bipolar with a modified Lots sequence. I'm under the impression that the chances to blow the account are smaller then when the lots are doubled

hi Catman i would like to test your Goblin mod,i saw the result is nice...is it the EA using the same indicators? or without indicator?...thnx...

amri87:
hi Catman i would like to test your Goblin mod,i saw the result is nice...is it the EA using the same indicators? or without indicator?...thnx...

.... Same indicators as the original Goblin EA you can download from the first page.

Just a couple of statements from last week...

TradexGroup, 10k account, only EURUSD, H4:

Min value for AccountProfit(): -765.16

Min value for AccountEquity(): 9387.84

Reached level 4: 1time x 0.2Lots

IBFX, 1k mini account, only EURUSD, H4:

Min value for AccountProfit(): -92.44

Min value for AccountEquity(): 917.09

Reached level 5: 1time x 0.4Lots

I didn't stop the EA during the news release (my computers run 24/24)

Anyway - it was a pretty easy week, but next week NFP will be released ....

And just for the record.....

....another statement from a slightly modified version of Goblin (uses MACD for entry signal generation), but uses the same lots progression

For the last 2 weeks...

TradexGroup, 10k account, only EURUSD, H4:

Min value for AccountProfit(): -300.00

Min value for AccountEquity(): 9922.26

Reached level 5: 3times x 0.4Lots

Just in case if there are any doubts - the statements I posted above are from demo accounts .....

Only Dave posted his statement from a live account.... Good result Dave !

hi Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
2 weeks Bipoler original version

The $ did alot of falling this week and gas prices rose too. I closed all open orders to avoid any gap in the market on Sunday. Berninky is speaking tomorrow morning too.

Dave

this is your statement from live account right?...are you using your 23-53-30 setting or the original setting?...thnx Dave

Trader83:
And if there is another move for 50 pips without retrace, you just hold open all positions waiting that the price will come back and hit TP of the 8th position?

Pretty much yes.... That's why I use these small lots too...

As I said before, I've put a lot of effort into finding some sort of real hedging option for this EA, but it didn't work for me...

You might wanna read this post too....

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176302

I pretty much came to the same conclusion....

new test on goblin

alassio:
See settings in last post. The M5 timeframe is quite aggressive and over shorter time periods it is too dangerous. The M15 is much better and there also RSX and the TrendFilter (H1) help a lot. H1 or H4 are also good, but I prefer a higher trade rate.

hi, alassio

i am testing goblin using different settings. i' ve also modified OpenOrdersBasedOnTrendRSX(). as you can see i use large tf for this setting.

see my equity curve ... do you think this test can contribute to stable-goblin ?

now, i am thinking to avoid the gap on balance-equity, using your lots

i attach you files

thank you, giapel

Reason: