Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 31

No, it's really not. You don't make or lose real money in backtests.

Metatrader backtest modeling is flawed. You can get great backtests and then see an EA fall apart in real trading.

autofx:
No, it's really not. You don't make or lose real money in backtests. Metatrader backtest modeling is flawed. You can get great backtests and then see an EA fall apart in real trading.

agree.

so can you backtest in May to December using offline data 90% modeling quality?

abrs70,

I'll let you make whatever you wish of your own backtesting. For my part, I will demo trade for quite a while before I make any decisions. I don't fully understand this EA since I was not one of the designers, I just added certain features that I know can help. These same features, within a different EA, have made real money for myself and several of my forum members.

autofx:
abrs70, I'll let you make whatever you wish of your own backtesting. For my part, I will demo trade for quite a while before I make any decisions. I don't fully understand this EA since I was not one of the designers, I just added certain features that I know can help. These same features, within a different EA, have made real money for myself and several of my forum members.

ok thanks for your help.

me too using profitable EA in live but not as agressive as this one.

abrs70:
ok thanks for your help. me too using profitable EA in live but not as agressive as this one.

What EA are you using?

autofx:
abrs70, I'll let you make whatever you wish of your own backtesting. For my part, I will demo trade for quite a while before I make any decisions. I don't fully understand this EA since I was not one of the designers, I just added certain features that I know can help. These same features, within a different EA, have made real money for myself and several of my forum members.

I totaly agree. Back testing just shows the ea's code runs and it makes and exits trades.

I have wached price move 5-8 pips past s/l and past tp with out triggering on backtests. And I know that wouldn't happen on fxdd real money account. I have observed it on lots of ea's not just one. The backtester is still flawed even if it says 99%. That one % can make a test look great when not or horrible when should have been great. Especially on an ea like this.

I've watched a lot of visual backtests and this expert seems to get into trouble when the price runs against a maxed out series of orders. Say you've got max orders set to 4 and your buys are all used up and the price drops another 60 points before a sell is triggered. Would it be possible to put an option on this ea that would be something like "Max pips between buys/sells."?? So basically instead of having to wait for the indicator to say sell when you know it should be triggering sells you force it to begin a sell series when your buys are used up and the specified pips distance has been crossed.

Nick,

xxDavidxSxx:
this is what I am talking about here.

It took me weeks of begging. And several forward tests to get bluto to develope "my" methodoligy of seperate majic#'s for buy/sell and allowing it to trade both directions at once.

Bipoler wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my persistance, and my forward tests as proof that it would work.

Bluto's words from the first post.....

xxDavidxx,

As mentioned in an earlier post, I've tested both yours and Bluto's Bi-Polar editions with recommended settings, and neither one is up to snuff. They have both bombed for me. See my earlier post...on theories, suggestions, etc.

It seems to me that there is a little premature power struggle going on here in what was going to be a great collaborative EA. Greed and selfrighteousness again raising its ugly head. I'll never understand why we all can't be mature adults...what a way to start the New Year...all of us were so looking forward to testing Goblin 2 for the benefit of all.

Trader1

Trader1:
xxDavidxx,

As mentioned in an earlier post, I've tested both yours and Bluto's Bi-Polar editions with recommended settings, and neither one is up to snuff. They have both bombed for me. See my earlier post...on theories, suggestions, etc.

It seems to me that there is a little premature power struggle going on here in what was going to be a great collaborative EA. Greed and selfrighteousness again raising its ugly head. I'll never understand why we all can't be mature adults...what a way to start the New Year...all of us were so looking forward to testing Goblin 2 for the benefit of all.

Trader1

yea well I agree but I think some of thats aimed at me. And mabe it should be or not.

But I saw 10points3 thread on championship and thought it would be a good idea to get bipoler in on it cause I think its better. And offering bluto half of any winnings(not greedy there) I thought bluto would give his blessing. I never thought he'd flip out and run and hide and stop the further developement of the ea's.

At most I thought he might want to be the one to enter it. But that wasn't the case either.

We all were looking forward to his improvements and new versions. Not just you.

something else had to be buggin him and what I said was the trigger, or something.

I cann't belive he'd discontinue just cause I said I wanted to enter a contest with it. And if I didn't someone else would have. Theres months befor the contest starts again.

Everybody acts like its tomarrow or something. The ea's arn't ready yet or need to be "polished" or what ever they need. I know this. I didn't suddenly wake up stupid this morning. I still have good sence about the market and what is ready or not ready or in need of tweeking or fine tuning.

But sounds like the forum has objected along with bluto....

So here we go....Bluto I appologise for wanting to enter bipoler in a contest. And for any harsh words. I won't enter any of the goblin EA's in the contest.

And just use this discussion as a way of making it well known that you don't condone it.

Dave

I've watched a lot of visual backtests and this expert seems to get into trouble when the price runs against a maxed out series of orders. Say you've got max orders set to 4 and your buys are all used up and the price drops another 60 points before a sell is triggered. Would it be possible to put an option on this ea that would be something like "Max pips between buys/sells."?? So basically instead of having to wait for the indicator to say sell when you know it should be triggering sells you force it to begin a sell series when your buys are used up and the specified pips distance has been crossed.

Nick,

Reason: