Great EA in backtest! - page 36

De Vinci:
Hello

Probably 1 more proof of the numerous bugs / failures of the MT 4 Backtester...

Maybe, we will finish by giving up FOREVER with this bad tool.

DV

I am pretty close to there. It is not worth my time to keep testing different settings trying to narrow down the right combination, finally getting a fantastic outcome and then using the exact same settings, not be able to repeat it.

i had tested the 1.85f version.. for about 2 weeks on a demo account.. and i just cant remember if this thing had 1 positive day.. i gave up testing, and moved on. i know the author of this ea probably has had some successful experiance with this program. maybe he/she could enlighten all of the people who are spending time testing this - what the original design concept was, the true meat and bones of what this thing is capable of. then maybe.... (as a former tester) i would help to continue experimenting with this ea, but to see it burn through a 50k account in less than a week.

more back test here

I suggest you read the manual I provided.....If you must play with settings, only change one at a time and write it down. And don't expect instant miricals.

I am using the one from the origonal post.

Good luck to you all. If and when I make serious money on real account I'll post those results too. But according to testing it could be month or 2 or even 3 depending on the market.

Demo testing would take way to long. If you don't have 500$ to waist then mabe you shouldn't try to trade the market at all. Sory so blunt. Not to be rude. But you shouldn't ever try to invest more than you can afford to lose!

Dave

backtest

It doesn't place the same trades live as it does in the back test over the same period, thats why you can't rely on the back test

you guys are a trip. You are making this way more complicated than it should be.

Here are all my back tests. from 80-90%.

I did run into a problem when starting from sept 1st 05. It dumped my account by the 9th.

Simple soulution.....read the manual......All I did is change "enable reverse detector" to true.Edit: reverse detector isn't in the manual. I just changed one thing at a time. Using sept 05 for the model time since it was the worse time for the ea. When one thing didn't work I put it back and changed another. Untill I got through sept 05 in profits. Then started the 1 years worth of back testing. I noticed alot of the down draws occured in news. But also alot of the big profits did too.

Now, if you look closely at all my results I have 1 year back test on both 4 hr and 1 hr. each one brought 2mil profits over the corce of the year. When it reached 680,000 the fxdd platform started rejecting the lot size. So I started over with 500$ from the last date of accepted trade.

Notice there was always a drawdown. Trade times were far apart. Sometimes it was in a drawdown for 2-3 months. Forex requires patiences. Lot of it.

But it always ended up in huge profits....

1hr charts produced more profits. On both 1 and 4hr charts january-may of 2006 was a bad time for the EA But a patient man would have still ended up with 600k+ eventually. And remember this was ran through news and all. 24/7.

I will open a new account with 500$ I have a seperate PC that I will set up for continous run of this program. I might even spend the 500$ for the pro version.

you wanted 90% model accuracy? well here it is.

edit: sry the 4hr charts are 79.66% one of the 1 hr charts is 75. But the rest of the 1 hr charts are 90%.

Dave

ajcrshr:
It doesn't place the same trades live as it does in the back test over the same period, thats why you can't rely on the back test

so what. I have this thing running on 2 different demos on 2 different PC's. It don't always make the same trades live either. But sometimes it does.

I wached it make 800$ in 4 hrs on a 5k demo and 300$ in 4 hrs on a 1k demo.

this is why I am going to go with real money. And I belive its worth a try.

Is there another EA with this potential? If so give a link please.

And the pro version is only 500$. Soon as the public version makes me 500$ I will buy the pro. Thats paying for it self from the start.

Dave

edit: read what the admin from the developers say here.

http://cyberia.org.ru/node/69

here i post the results of forward testing using cyberiatrader 1.6 since 24 august. this statement are not purely using cyberia, pls note that i only use ct1.6 on euro/usd and usd/jpy. Pls ignore gbp/usd or other currency pairs as those pairs were traded by my own. at the early stage, i been switching and tuning the EAs, and the after 31 august, i managed to stick to H1 stop loss around 35 pips. And the result is much more stable compared to early stage. I am using MIG demo and focus on H1 timeframe for eur and jpy only, to me the select of the brokers is very important, i choose brokers that have smaller pips spread. secondly, i avoid opening EA during important news release. 3rd, i gave up on 5mins timeframe, i believe most brokers do not allow scalping and moreover 5mins didnt give me consistant profit. For now, i am playing with the stop loss and the risk, when i have consercutive winning or profit,i lower down the risk, and if i have losses, i will increase the risk.

backtesting.. backtesting...

let's see some results of full weeks of forward testing.. or even better .. some results from live testing.. we can all run back tests and figure out which is going to give us +90% modeling.. give us something we can use

yan7181:
here i post the results of forward testing using cyberiatrader 1.6 since 24 august. this statement are not purely using cyberia, pls note that i only use ct1.6 on euro/usd and usd/jpy. Pls ignore gbp/usd or other currency pairs as those pairs were traded by my own. at the early stage, i been switching and tuning the EAs, and the after 31 august, i managed to stick to H1 stop loss around 35 pips. And the result is much more stable compared to early stage. I am using MIG demo and focus on H1 timeframe for eur and jpy only, to me the select of the brokers is very important, i choose brokers that have smaller pips spread. secondly, i avoid opening EA during important news release. 3rd, i gave up on 5mins timeframe, i believe most brokers do not allow scalping and moreover 5mins didnt give me consistant profit. For now, i am playing with the stop loss and the risk, when i have consercutive winning or profit,i lower down the risk, and if i have losses, i will increase the risk.

MIG I like but they have a desk and won't allow scalping on real account. But as far as I am concerned there a good broker.

I will try some 1 hr CT running with higher S/L and see how it does. Good idea.

As far as forward testing. The way I am running it it could take along time for it to produce results as you can see by the back test I did there can be days of no trades, and also weeks of draw down.

I am glad to see others makeing there own positive test results instead of asking every one else to do all the work for them, like some guys on here are doing.

Keep up the good work. I will to

I hope soon to have real money results. (month or 2)

Dave

De Vinci:
Hello

Probably 1 more proof of the numerous bugs / failures of the MT 4 Backtester...

Maybe, we will finish by giving up FOREVER with this bad tool.

DV

I emailed the Meta Programmers that created the Backtester - They are in total denial as to how worthless this backtester is. I asked them to do a poll on the reliability and satisfaction on the forums to see that I was telling them the truth. They discontinued the emails with a remark like - I don't believe you. What a joke. Anybody that knows the truth of the how unreliable this backtester is should say so at this website: https://www.metaquotes.net/bugtrack

Maybe after a ton of emails they will get their head out of their behinds and make it report as if it was done live during the same time period. This extrapolation of data is blowing the accuracy of its reports. The process should be done apples to apples (same data as the real tradeplatform uses), thereby increasing the accuracy to 99%. Email these blockheads and complain (but do not reference me). Make your voice count!

Dave <<<
Reason: