CCI Woodie like - page 7

a little problem here.

Linuxser,

I found something wrong with the CCI_Woodies_Lnx_V4. Don't know if it happen to the other version but this is the version I use the most. Here is the ss.

This is NZDUSD, TF15M on June 26, 2007.

At 19.15, CCI cross the zero line and stay at the +ve side for 5 bar. Notice that after the 5 bar at 20.30, CCI already back to the -ve side.

Woodie define trend start as 6 time bar (5 bar + 1 consecutive bar) on the same side. But here that's not it.

I like this indicator much. I use it for my WCCI so I hope you can fix this because I only trade using WCCI. Thanks for the great indicator and keep up the good job!

One more thing, I have a request. Can you make the CCI show current price? I attach a screenshot. Btw, I paint the price using MS Paint .

ValeoFX:
So which option is the one that one can adjust the Trend period, please? I will ask CJA when next I speak to him. Thanks for your time.

CCI_Woodies_Lnx_v4

From woodie document:

Woodies CCI Trend (trend): A trend is established any time the CCI (black line) is either over or below the zero-line (ZL) for six or more time bars. If the CCI trades on the other side of the ZL this does not negate the trend. If above, trend is up, if below, trend is down.
In Chart 7, we see that, after the yellow bar, we have a down trend. This is shown by subsequent red time bars. It is still in a down-trend printing above the ZL for one or two CCI bars (six maximum) but here we would be looking for shorts. But be warned that the

more bars that register opposite the trend established, the more we should stay on the

side line until the trend is redefined.

In any chart in woodie document yellow bar is printed after 5 bars above/below cero line. (Gray, Gray, Gray, Gray, Yellow, Blue or Red).

Take a look at charts 18 and 19 which are big.

If you still want to count 5+1 change tren_period option to 6 and ready.

Linuxser:
From woodie document:

In any chart in woodie document yellow bar is printed after 5 bars above/below zero line. (Gray, Gray, Gray, Gray, Yellow, Blue or Red).

Take a look at charts 18 and 19 which are big.

If you still want to count 5+1 change tren_period option to 6 and ready.

I don't know which version of Woodies document you are referring to I guess ou should refer to v1.2. If you are referring to the v1.2, at chart 7, there is a chart with description there. I can't paste is here since it is copyrighted. It said :

Note: Four grey bar plotted below ZL

Note: Fifth yellow CCI bar

Note: Red CCI show DownTrend established

That mean yellow bar is the fifth bar. The yellow bar does not print after 5 bars above/below ZL. And when the sixth bar printed at the same side, then there is a trend.

I just want to make it clear, it's not about the color just don't want people confuse about it.

Hi,

Does anybody knows a good CCI indicator for Woodie? I'm using the Heart Woodie template. Is it accurate? I'm trying to trade with it, but often when I enter, the price reverses and my losses are often bigger than the wins.

In fact I'm not sure if my exit strategy is good. When to enter or exit? if we see that CCI is reversing, do we have to exit immediately or should we wait for the last 20 seconds to confirm the wrong trade?

Cheers,

Daniel

dvarrin:
Hi,

Does anybody knows a good CCI indicator for Woodie? I'm using the Heart Woodie template. Is it accurate? I'm trying to trade with it, but often when I enter, the price reverses and my losses are often bigger than the wins.

In fact I'm not sure if my exit strategy is good. When to enter or exit? if we see that CCI is reversing, do we have to exit immediately or should we wait for the last 20 seconds to confirm the wrong trade?

Cheers,

Daniel

Linuxser CCI indicator is good for WCCI. But need to change the trend to 6. Now the trend begin when yellow bar appear. the Yellow bar no more work as warning of trend changing as it is now the sixth bar. Plus would like to advice you to use 15 min timeframe because 5 min timeframe does not work. Unless the market is moving fast and you can trade fast, use the 5min timeframe.

>sorry for my english<

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer. I was trading on the 5min chart and for sure the result was quite bad. Are you making consistent money with Woodie?

Cheers,

Daniel

Reason: