CCI Woodie like - page 11

spoof:
Thanks a lot for your indicator. It is really a great indicator. Thanks also for your explanation of the panel. Do you mind sharing the code of your CZI indicator ? Because I compare your indicator with the one igorad made in this forum : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173815 post #95, by NewDigital is different Thanks again

Sorry, I don't want to share the code of my czi because the official czi code is proprietary and you have to sign a confidential disclosure agreement and so on. My code is not official but "only" reverse engineered. I've done that because the czi from fx_sniper worked on forex pairs but not on us future (er, ym, es, ...). After some testing it showed really acceptable results. I don't want any trouble with woodie and so I only put ex4-version of my czi in the zip.....

(my czi is calculated based on the distance from the actual price to the 34 ema. price > 34ema cyan color, price < 34ema brown color and some colors between )

Jagg:
Sorry, I don't want to share the code of my czi because the official czi code is proprietary and you have to sign a confidential disclosure agreement and so on. My code is not official but "only" reverse engineered. I've done that because the czi from fx_sniper worked on forex pairs but not on us future (er, ym, es, ...). After some testing it showed really acceptable results. I don't want any trouble with woodie and so I only put ex4-version of my czi in the zip..... (my czi is calculated based on the distance from the actual price to the 34 ema. price > 34ema cyan color, price < 34ema brown color and some colors between )

Thanks a lot. Now I understand the logic behind the code of CZI

i notice something is wrong.. the indi correctly indicate the trend only for uptrend.. but it's not working for downtrend.. i notice it when looking at U/J chart just now.. can't figure out what's wrong.. can u help to fix this linuxser?

nittany1: Dude, you rock. Thanks.

nittany1:
Tonight I took my favorite version of a Woodie's CCI indicator and modified it so it changes the periods automatically depending on what timeframe you are looking at. I set it up so it uses 14 and 50 for the 1 min, 14 and 34 for the 5 min, 6 and 14 for everything 15 mins and longer.

I tested it against an unmodified version of the indicator and the numbers work out and are correct. You can adjust the periods if you prefer something other than mine.

I set the colors to be used on a black background instead of the Woodie's pastel green or whatever they use. You can adjust the colors to whatever you like.

I'm attaching two files, the unmodified version and my modified version. I hope this helps, I did it basically for myself because I like the way the indicator looks but I hope someone can make good use of it too.

- nittany1

Hi, Nittany - and this settings - 14 and 50 for the 1 min, 14 and 34 for the 5 min, 6 and 14 for everything >15 mins - did you worked with them ? depends on pair? 6/14 (vs 14/50) - not too close? could you comment more on what did you found? thank you

Modified version of Woodie's

Tonight I took my favorite version of a Woodie's CCI indicator and modified it so it changes the periods automatically depending on what timeframe you are looking at. I set it up so it uses 14 and 50 for the 1 min, 14 and 34 for the 5 min, 6 and 14 for everything 15 mins and longer.

I tested it against an unmodified version of the indicator and the numbers work out and are correct. You can adjust the periods if you prefer something other than mine.

I set the colors to be used on a black background instead of the Woodie's pastel green or whatever they use. You can adjust the colors to whatever you like.

- nittany1

Finally, I can upload. So, here are the screenshot, uptrend and downtrend.

UPTrend

DOWNTrend

Look at the UT SS. In both situation where TrendCCI goes below 0, the trend still UT. Coz the 6th bar doesn't complete. The level of TrendCCI (mark by line) is positive, then again TrendCCI fall below 0 and tried to establish DT but again, the 6th bar is not completed, the trend remain UT.

Now at DT SS. The TrendCCI going up, above 0 and tried to establish UT but the TrendCCI fall below 0 before 6th bar is complete and the trend continue. But, the indicator tell that TrendCCI re-establish DT while it not suppose to since the trend remain DT.

Uh, I'm not good in English.. hope you can understand what I tried to explain Linuxser.

CCI Woodies Like

A While Ago, I posted " Thanks Linuxser, Got It Now". No interest. I am a part time trader, and I make mistakes like everybody. Using V-3 on 5 minutes. Using different settings on 1 hour.No Chop Zone indicators, arrows, and such. It doesn't work. LOOK! Very few Take profits, and Stops. Still, Thanks Linuxser!

ahmad.ariffin:
Finally, I can upload. So, here are the screenshot, uptrend and downtrend.

UPTrend

DOWNTrend

Look at the UT SS. In both situation where TrendCCI goes below 0, the trend still UT. Coz the 6th bar doesn't complete. The level of TrendCCI (mark by line) is positive, then again TrendCCI fall below 0 and tried to establish DT but again, the 6th bar is not completed, the trend remain UT.

Now at DT SS. The TrendCCI going up, above 0 and tried to establish UT but the TrendCCI fall below 0 before 6th bar is complete and the trend continue. But, the indicator tell that TrendCCI re-establish DT while it not suppose to since the trend remain DT.

Uh, I'm not good in English.. hope you can understand what I tried to explain Linuxser.

Ahmad, if you using your changes (post 96 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176411/page7 ):

if(TrendCCI > 0 && TrendCCI < 0) {

if (trendDown > Trend_period) trendUp = 0; }

then no wonder - you set it to read bars from the future (which it doesn't know) but it would repaint history and lye pretty well so...

see, if you improved something else too - it causes such a mess, don't even go there ...

Reason: