CCI Woodie like - page 28

CCI Color Candles - indicator for MetaTrader 5

Using the DRAW_COLOR_CANDLES graphic style, color the candlesticks of the chart depending on the readings of the iCCI indicator (Commodity Channel Index, CCI).

CCI Level Filling - indicator for MetaTrader 5

CCI Level Filling - indicator for MetaTrader 5

Paint over the areas of the iCCI (Commodity Channel Index, CCI) indicator above the ' CCI Level Up (100) ' level and below the ' CCI Level Dn (-100) ' level

iCCI iAlligator - expert for MetaTrader 5

iCCI iAlligator - expert for MetaTrader 5

The EA uses two indicators: the standard iCCI (Commodity Channel Index, CCI) and iiAlligator (Alligator). Both indicators are created on the specified timeframe ' Working timeframe ' - the same timeframe is used to determine the moment of the birth of a new bar (if it is necessary for the parameters   'Trailing on ... ' and ' Search signals on ... '). Alligator acts as a signal filter.

Learn how to design a trading system by CCI

This is a new article from our series in which we learn how to design trading systems based on simple strategies using the most commonly used technical indicators.

We will start with detailed information about what the Commodity Channel Index (CCI), what it measures, how we can calculate it. When we understand the fundamentals and the roots of what we are doing, we will be able to use the tools more efficiently and find more ideas and insights about it. This is what we are going to discuss in the "CCI Definition" topic. Then, we will work on a simple strategy that can be used with CCI during different market trends or conditions — this is what we will learn in the "CCI Strategy" part. Then, we will learn how we can design a trading system based on this strategy by planning what we need to design and what we want the computer to do — part "CCI trading system blueprint". Then, we will learn how to design what we planned by the trading system blueprint — part "CCI trading system".
  • www.mql5.com
In this new article from our series for learning how to design trading systems, I will present the Commodities Channel Index (CCI), explain its specifics, and share with you how to create a trading system based on this indicator.

CCI indicator. Upgrade and new features

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/11126

Commodity Channel Index (CCI) is familiar to every trader. It was developed by Donald Lambert and first published in the Commodities magazine (now – Modern Trader) in 1980. Since then, this indicator has gained well-deserved fame and has become very popular among traders. It is present in the MetaTrader trading platform toolkit and is used both in manual trading and as part of automated trading systems.
  • www.mql5.com
In this article, I will consider the possibility of upgrading the CCI indicator. Besides, I will present a modification of the indicator.

CCI indicator. Three transformation steps

In the previous article, I have considered possible changes in the conventional Commodity Channel Index indicator. They concerned the methods of calculation, but did not affect the essence of this indicator. In this article, I will consider changing the indicator from a slightly different point of view by amending its calculation logic. Let's see how these changes will affect the indicator results. Of course, I will try to evaluate the validity of the implemented changes.
  • www.mql5.com
In this article, I will make additional changes to the CCI affecting the very logic of this indicator. Moreover, we will be able to see it in the main chart window.
Reason: