Commodity Channel Index vs CCI

Default installations of MT4 contain a Commodity Channel Index indicator found in the built-in indicators section and a CCI indicator found in the Custom Indicators section. As such, you can access the code for the CCI indicator but not the Commodity Channel Indicator. One would figure these two indicators to yield the same results, but, they don't.

My preference is the Commodity Channel Index. I'd like to incorporate it's code into an EA. How do I access this code?

Thanks

Bill

If you are using custom indicators, then your EA should contain the line iCustom(blah blah). If you are using the built in indicator, then your EA will contain the line iNameOfIndicator(blah blah). So, you know if you use iCCI, you are using the built in indicator.

Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions.

tradermaji:
If you are using custom indicators, then your EA should contain the line iCustom(blah blah). If you are using the built in indicator, then your EA will contain the line iNameOfIndicator(blah blah). So, you know if you use iCCI, you are using the built in indicator.

Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions.
Actually I don't want to reference an external CCI indicator. I want to roll that code into the EA. Regardless, I found that using the iCCI function yields the desired result. Thanks anyway.

tradermaji wrote:
... if you use iCCI, you are using the built in indicator.
Bill,

That is what you are doing. You are using the iCCI indicator.
Reason: