Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 29

resalin:
Hi,

I am wondering if there is any way to modify the Stoploss and/or the TakeProfit values for an open trade.

Does the OrderModify statement permit this and are there any restrictions?

I have used the OrderModify to change the TrailingStop value, but is there more that I can do?

Thanks.

Resalin

Please, go to this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173000

need ea assistance, please

I am looking for some one to make a ea out of a few indicators I have put together, the indicators I have were done by other people, however they work incredibly good together. I been trading fx for about 7 yrs now and have never seen such great results as these indicators have given, within the correct parameters. I would like to make it into a ea, if someone would be kind enough to help, I'm sure the ea would produce enough pips to make it worth your time and effort. If anyone has any other ideas how

i can accomplish this please let me know. Blessings Paul

paulie:
I am looking for some one to make a ea out of a few indicators I have put together, the indicators I have were done by other people, however they work incredibly good together. I been trading fx for about 7 yrs now and have never seen such great results as these indicators have given, within the correct parameters. I would like to make it into a ea, if someone would be kind enough to help, I'm sure the ea would produce enough pips to make it worth your time and effort. If anyone has any other ideas how i can accomplish this please let me know. Blessings Paul

This section is for you: Metatrader 4 mql 4 - Development course - Forex Trading

And this thread in the case you want to pay: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178140

Numbers of bars per chart

I trade daily bar charts but the "zoomed in" view is not a near enough view for me. I went to Tools and then Options but the lowest maximum bars per chart is 5000. I need just 3 bars per chart but "blown up". As I maximize a chart, it brings in more bars which takes me further away in perspective.

Can someone help me w/ this issue ?

thanks so much...

garhardt:
I trade daily bar charts but the "zoomed in" view is not a near enough view for me. I went to Tools and then Options but the lowest maximum bars per chart is 5000. I need just 3 bars per chart but "blown up". As I maximize a chart, it brings in more bars which takes me further away in perspective.

Can someone help me w/ this issue ?

thanks so much...

Set "Max bars in chart" to 3 and restart MT4.

Linuxser, That worked showing only 3 bars, but it did not enlarge the view of the bars. I thought it would blow the bars up making them much larger having fewer bars in the chart.

Logarithmic scale on MetaTrader

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the chart to show prices on a logarithmic scale in MetaTrader?

Newbie asks about setting up multiple systems

Hi All!

I am a total newbie, who needs lots of mentoring!

Here's my question: Could anyone describe how all of the following systems are integrated to perform Forex trades online? If you could describe it like a flow chart, it would be helpful -

1. I plan on using Forex Fantasy robot. Is it accepted by most/all online forex brokers?

2. How are robots plugged into Meta4 platforms? Is that explained in most robot tutorials upon purchase?

3. How do you link Meta4 into an online broker?

4. How do I set up a Demo account with the broker?

5. Since I am not online 24/7, I will need a proxy web host to run all of the above programs while my computer is turned off. Which web hosting service is compatible with all of the above programs, and most economical?

I plan on purchasing Forex Fantasy soon, and I need to know how to set up all programs above to work together harmoniously. I am also trying to figure out the logic of how all of the programs above interface with each other.

Thanks in advance for your help. I look forward to be up and running soon.

Kindest Regards,

Platinumb

Hi Platinumb,

Please no any commercial talking on public sections.

usually we are bannng the members who are promoting commercial systems directly on the public sections.

Reason: