How to set up VPS on MT4?

Hi, Im new to using expert advisers, and I would like to try it out this week. I heard that you could use the MT4 integrated VPS, so I decided to look into it.

When I open the Virtual Hosting Wizard (refer to attached image), it tells me to register an account at MQL5.community, which I did. However, I had difficulties connecting my OANDA MT4 trading account to the MQL5 thing. (Refer to 2nd screenshot). Specifically, when I input my MetaQuoteID into MQL5 settings page, it says that the ID is already used by other user!!!????

I then try to connect my trading account to the MQL5 web platform and I get the error 'Web terminal is not supported by this MetaTrader server. Please contact your broker to update server.'

So...am I right to say that I cant use the MT4 integrated VPS to run my expert adviser because it is not compatible with the OANDA broker? Or did I make a mistake somewhere?

I really want to start using the EA ASAP, so if anyone knows how I can do it with an OANDA broker, please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

swhon:

Hi, Im new to using expert advisers, and I would like to try it out this week. I heard that you could use the MT4 integrated VPS, so I decided to look into it.

When I open the Virtual Hosting Wizard (refer to attached image), it tells me to register an account at MQL5.community, which I did. However, I had difficulties connecting my OANDA MT4 trading account to the MQL5 thing. (Refer to 2nd screenshot). Specifically, when I input my MetaQuoteID into MQL5 settings page, it says that the ID is already used by other user!!!????

I then try to connect my trading account to the MQL5 web platform and I get the error 'Web terminal is not supported by this MetaTrader server. Please contact your broker to update server.'

So...am I right to say that I cant use the MT4 integrated VPS to run my expert adviser because it is not compatible with the OANDA broker? Or did I make a mistake somewhere?

I really want to start using the EA ASAP, so if anyone knows how I can do it with an OANDA broker, please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Don't confuse the MT4 platform with the Web Terminal, they are 2 different things.

Some brokers/servers are not available in the Web Terminal, but that has nothing to do with your MT4 platform and MQL5 VPS.

Also some brokers don't support EA trading, so you better contact your broker to be certain about it.

If you have already registered with MQL5.com, you can upload your EA on a chart in the MT4 platform, setup your settings and click the Autotrading button.

Then you right click on your account number in the Navigator window >> Register a Virtual Server. Follow the procedure and at the end click the: Migrate experts, indicators option in order to synchronize your local MT4 environment with your MQL5 VPS server.

At the end you can check that everything was done correctly by right clicking the VPS server >> Journals in order to see the: 1 chart, 1 EA, 0 custom indicators, signal disabled (for 1 EA that is), message.

As for the MetaquoteID, is something you find on the MQL5.com page and you put in the MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Notifications, tab and not the other way around.

The MetaquotesID is unique for every device you use.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Don't confuse the MT4 platform with the Web Terminal, they are 2 different things.

Some brokers/servers are not available in the Web Terminal, but that has nothing to do with your MT4 platform and MQL5 VPS.

Also some brokers don't support EA trading, so you better contact your broker to be certain about it.

If you have already registered with MQL5.com, you can upload your EA on a chart in the MT4 platform, setup your settings and click the Autotrading button.

Then you right click on your account number in the Navigator window >> Register a Virtual Server. Follow the procedure and at the end click the: Migrate experts, indicators option in order to synchronize your local MT4 environment with your MQL5 VPS server.

At the end you can check that everything was done correctly by right clicking the VPS server >> Journals in order to see the: 1 chart, 1 EA, 0 custom indicators, signal disabled (for 1 EA that is), message.

As for the MetaquoteID, is something you find on the MQL5.com page and you put in the MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Notifications, tab and not the other way around.

The MetaquotesID is unique for every device you use.

Ahh that clears things up, thank you very much!

Reason: