Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 34

New to Forex/MT4 - how do I use mq4 files?

Hi,

I have downloaded and used a few EA-s which came as ex4 files and I could attach them to the MT4 platform but I'm clueless as to how one uses mq4 files...

Please help.

Good trading!

Mq4 are open source, they are created when you use MetaEditor to create a source file.

When MQ4 files are "compiled" using either a) the execution function of the MetaEditor program, and or b) executed by the interface program Metatrader, they create a coded version of your source code which is .ex4.

When you have an ex4 file it is a security encrypted version of your mq4 file. This security encryption is rather flimsy though. Hence, you have closed files of code, not open source files.

Firewall

Can anyone please help me? I am trying to use MT4 from my office.But the network here is protected by firewalls and as a result I am unable to connect to the MT4. Can anyone tell me how can this problem be solved so that I can use the system?

Thanks

Walander:
Mq4 are open source, they are created when you use MetaEditor to create a source file.

When MQ4 files are "compiled" using either a) the execution function of the MetaEditor program, and or b) executed by the interface program Metatrader, they create a coded version of your source code which is .ex4.

When you have an ex4 file it is a security encrypted version of your mq4 file. This security encryption is rather flimsy though. Hence, you have closed files of code, not open source files.

Thank you, I appreciate it... I mean, I understand what the idea is, but I still don't know how to fully work with it, as I know very little if any computer programming. I'm doing my homework, though.

I also read your thread about becoming a trader and I fully agree with you on the laziness front. The problem is sometimes that there can be too much information and if you are new to it it can take quite a bit to figure out the good and useful from the not at all... That is what the "teaching" is all about, because it surely applies to any other field as well...

Good trading!

osscilatores

can anybody help me find some good osscilator without overbought or oversold zones/

thx

mos

ag_fx:
Can anyone please help me? I am trying to use MT4 from my office.But the network here is protected by firewalls and as a result I am unable to connect to the MT4. Can anyone tell me how can this problem be solved so that I can use the system? Thanks

See proxy settings or ask network admin to open related ports.

Linuxser:
See proxy settings or ask network admin to open related ports.

I am not too sure I'll be allowed to use the MT4 from office PC in that case where I have to use a network admin....

Cant i adjust some settings on MT4..may be using the current internet and proxy settings on my PC to MT4?

Thanks for your reply though

ag_fx:
I am not too sure I'll be allowed to use the MT4 from office PC in that case where I have to use a network admin....

Cant i adjust some settings on MT4..may be using the current internet and proxy settings on my PC to MT4?

Thanks for your reply though

For first question. Why you don't ask first?

For second question. Read MT4 manual.

Help with mt4 extension indicators

Hi guys. I have a problem with MT4 platform. I can't see in custom indicators all the indicators with mt4 extension. I only see indicators with ex4 extensions. I have version 223. Thank you for your help.

Newbie in Forex

Hi all, I don't know if I can call myself newbie or not, I have been checking out this forex and start learning it since March 2008 but until now I still blur with this. I have been trying many indicators and sometimes profit and loss.

I really hope someone could guide me, how to trade in forex and what indicators should I stick to.

Please you all only my hope..

Reason: