Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 32

ag_fx:
I am facing prob with a MT4 Demo Platform....I havent been able to connect it...In the pic below, please take a look at the right bottom. There it displays No Connection.I tried login again...but it dint work..i tried opening a new account(demo), it dint work either....infact i have demo accnts from 2-3 brokers and none of them is workin...can anyone please help me fix this prob? i cant have access to charts without this.
ag_fx:
No I am not....I am using it on my home PC without any firewalls or anything

You have default MT4 right? Maybe the problem is this one: News - MetaQuotes Software Corp.

Uninstall and install some broker platform.

Several MT4s

Hi. Please tell me how can i open more than one MT4 platform on the same computer. I want to run more than one EAs on my home computer, but i want them to be on different accounts and to be constantly ON, so i guess i need to have more than one platform opened. Inside my mt4 on the left theres a list of my accounts, but as far as i understood i cant run more than 1 of them at the same time right?? please explain these things to me cause im confused.. thanks in advance

Check the img then you will understand.

Juz put number behind of your mt4 when you are installing it.

Below shall explain it

Files:

Linuxser:
You have default MT4 right? Maybe the problem is this one: News - MetaQuotes Software Corp. Uninstall and install some broker platform.
mphpopular:

Below shall explain it

Yes I am using the default default MT4. i would try doing the above said.

Thanks guys

mphpopular:

Below shall explain it

that seems logical. thanks for the proposed sollution to the problem . on the website of my broekr i found another program available for download next to the normal mt4. it's called mt4 multi terminal and they say you can use it to access multiple accounts at the same time. what can you say abou that ? should i try it or is it a waste of time?

EA's won't trade

I had some EA's made but they won't fire on the demo platform. I am using MT4. I tried a fresh load of MT4 and still nothing. They fire with the strategy tester (though not well). Trailing stops don't seem to fire right either. They take forever to kick in if at all. I am attaching screenshots of the global settings and EA setting along with one of the EA's. I have a feeling I am doing something wrong but can't figure it out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

Joseph

ag_fx:
Yes I am using the default default MT4. i would try doing the above said. Thanks guys

I doing good with that way, I have 3 IBFX running in my 1 PC. All working good and didn't have any terminal execution crash/error.

wish you tons of pips,

MPH

dinkledorfer:
I had some EA's made but they won't fire on the demo platform. I am using MT4. I tried a fresh load of MT4 and still nothing. They fire with the strategy tester (though not well). Trailing stops don't seem to fire right either. They take forever to kick in if at all. I am attaching screenshots of the global settings and EA setting along with one of the EA's. I have a feeling I am doing something wrong but can't figure it out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

Joseph

EA you have post is working fine.

Spread adjustments on stop loss and take profit

When entering an order, must I adjust for the spread when entering the stop loss and take profit figures? In other words, if the spread is 4 pips on a short and I wish to take profit when the big hits 1.4010, do I enter 1.4010 or 1.4006 to enter at the correct price?

Also, is an adjustment to be made on the stop loss?

Thank you for your help.

Pip value for Lakh???

Hi all,

Like to know what is the value per pip for 1 lakh?

I know

1 micro lot (1000 contract) = $0.10

1 mini lot (10,000 contract) = $1.00

1 standard lot (100,000contract) = $10.00

But am not too sure what is 1 lakh (??? contract) = $...????.....

Thanks for the help anyone??

Good day.

Edit/Delete Message

Reason: