Big Profit Without Using Any Indicator - page 10

it could do with stops adding

leeb:
it could do with stops adding

what do you mean?

I was refering to HF grid expert - would be useful to have mq4 file as ex4 has no stop losses

Grid EA

If I understand the strategy correctly the EA "HF_Grid" uses a quit similar method. But it opens no trades in advance. Only when the Gridlevels are reached trades are entered or modified.

I have attached a statement for GBPUSD of last week and a version of the EA for GBPUSD in 1 Hour timeframe.

Files:
hf_grid.htm  75 kb
hf_grid.gif  7 kb
hf_grid.ex4  8 kb

elepoutre:
i put your expert on 1h chart for gbp...did not trade anything for now... do you know what happens?

Please make sure you use the latest version:

Files:
hf_grid.ex4  8 kb

parabolic:
Please make sure you use the latest version:

ok thanks. Now working..I tried to attach it on jpy but it says that jpy is not supported...is that correct?

Dear team,

I have been trading with a similar strategy last year (demo) and get burned on a NFP day. BUT i was using different parameters and only trading 1 directions.

The approach described on the Blessing System is much better.

I have carefully analized today and yesterday trading and elaborated an Excel file that i am attaching. Each day has its own sheet. I draw a map in each sheet for visual representation of the up and downs.

I also use this rule: Start trading at 0hs of my platform which is MT4 demo.

Hope this helps, i will continue forward testing.

I also will say that i will not use this strategy at big news time.

Daniel.-

This Blessing System does not work. And it never will. Look for EA I had done for this system.

More than 8 times by 20 pips in one direction without retrace? Easily! Use EA and you'll find it. Starting with 0.1 lot to keep going you'll need to open upto 204.8 lots!!!

But there is an enemy even worse than a long trend. You forget about spread - spread will kill you. In your paper-testing you always count +20 and -20 but in real life it will be something like +18 and -22 or +17 and -23 or +13 and -27. When you open order with big lot your spread will be big too, it will be bigger than all your profits from many orders.

Files:

Thanks for the effort

dabella:
Dear team,

I have been trading with a similar strategy last year (demo) and get burned on a NFP day. BUT i was using different parameters and only trading 1 directions.

The approach described on the Blessing System is much better.

I have carefully analized today and yesterday trading and elaborated an Excel file that i am attaching. Each day has its own sheet. I draw a map in each sheet for visual representation of the up and downs.

I also use this rule: Start trading at 0hs of my platform which is MT4 demo.

Hope this helps, i will continue forward testing.

I also will say that i will not use this strategy at big news time.

Daniel.-

Thanks for going to the effort of building the Excel sheet for the past 2 days results Daniel, it is appreciated.

I really do think this system has legs but it has massive risk also and protocols have to be implemented into the EA in order to circumvent the potential downside, the rest is then left up to Trader savvy.

As stated earlier, this requires a concrete method of ensuring the orders will be accepted at the levels desired. Next, fail-safes - install a maximum% drawdown setting (E.g. Never exceed more than 20% loss of account before closing positions), this would negate the requirement for wondering how many levels you should be allowing the trading to travel to. EA MM becomes more dynamic and no settings to continually adjust.

Finally, with a system like this, I suggest finding its flaws (obviously violent straight moves in one direction) and doing all you can to avoid. Hence the suggestion above to step away from the market during key economic announcements will prolong your trading life.

I would suggest building a small stake with this method, so lets say your original stake was 20K, once you reach a profit of 5K, then allocate this 5K to a psychological 'suicide account' where you can trade the system aggressively with little fear. Your original 20K is then allocated to other lower profile less risky methods. As time moves forward, don't get greedy, keep skimming funds off your suicide account and adding them to a less risky trading portfolio. Remember, fortunes are made slowly and over long periods of time so unless you wish for your equity graph to look like a cardiac monitor on a heart attack victim, take it slow and play it smart.

FxNorth

timbobo:
This Blessing System does not work. And it never will. Look for EA I had done for this system.

More than 8 times by 20 pips in one direction without retrace? Easily! Use EA and you'll find it. Starting with 0.1 lot to keep going you'll need to open upto 204.8 lots!!!

But there is an enemy even worse than a long trend. You forget about spread - spread will kill you. In your paper-testing you always count +20 and -20 but in real life it will be something like +18 and -22 or +17 and -23 or +13 and -27. When you open order with big lot your spread will be big too, it will be bigger than all your profits from many orders.

Timbobo, IMHO your EA is not replaying the exact strategy here. I try it on strategy tester and each time a TP is hit the EA closes both open and short position. This is not the case of Blessing system because if you start and the market go down 20 pips you only will close the short side, keep the long open and open a new long of x2 lot size. This makes you save in spread.

In my excel file i am representing real situations with real spred of 3 pips. I know that 2 days of testing is useless but i will forward test from now on and post the updated excel once in a while.

Daniel.

Reason: