Price Trapping Strategy

Hi There,

I've developed an EA based on Price Trapping Strategy, there is no indicator required.

The idea is to have an open posisition on the same direction of the price action.

I appreciate your input on this system to improve the performance.

Here is how it works (simplified).

1. Open two pending orders (Buy and Sell Stop) say 10 pips above and below the current price.

2. When price hit one of the pending order, modify the opposite pending order by multiplying the lot size say 2 times of the open position (multipliers can be from 1.5 or higher)

3. Stop Loss set at 20 pips.

4. TP set at 40 pips.

5. Start with 0.01 lots size.

Wherever the price moves, there is always an open position in the direction of the the price movement, and will hit TP, the profit will be higher than all previous positions that hit SL.

The only threat is when the market ranging for too long, it may hit SL many times and resulted in a big Loss, need a big enough equity to withstand the drawdown. (I appreciate your input on how to avoid this ranging market)

I appreciate if you could do a back test on this and give me some input on how to improve this.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this EA.

Thanks

tumir66

Impressive results Did you try achieving 90% of modeling quality?

Thanks for sharing

seekers:
Impressive results Did you try achieving 90% of modeling quality? Thanks for sharing

Seekers,

No I did not try it, I'm still trying to minimize the loosing trades, I think it is a good system if the loosing trades can be minimized further.

I appreciate your input, if you have time to back test it.

Thanks

Tumir66

These are 90% modeling quality results (for roughly same period as you tested it). As it is obvious there is one big drawdown. Other than that it seems OK. Will see some more tests

Files:
pt.zip  17 kb

Seekers,

Great if it can be tested to 90% modeling quality, the big drawdown is due to market ranging, one way of avoiding from getting caught by the ranging market, I normaly increase the pending order distance (Grid.Dist to 20 even up to 40 pips) and adjusting the SL to 2 times the Grid.Dist ie, 40 to 80 pips respectively.

I put several options to optimize, like Lots and Multipliers, and Lot.Shift.Level, etc, you can see it from the code, I'm more than happy to share it with you my idea behind all of the logic. I still do believe this is one of the way to get our self in the right position to catch the big price movement and not worrying which direction it will go.

I learned to write the code my self a few months ago, I appreciate if you can give me feed back on the code I wrote, are there any fundamental flaws in it, etc..

What do I need to do to test it to 90% modeling quality?

Thanks

Tumir66

Seekers,

One thing I forgot to mention, TP is alway set at least 3 times of the Grid.Dist, Normally I set it to 4 times.

Thanks

Tumir66

Go to tools-history center and choose the symbol you want to test. Choose 1 minute data and download it. That way you can get 90% modeling quality for back tests

Here are results with same settings and for same period but for EURUSD now :

Files:
testergraph.gif  12 kb
pt_1.zip  18 kb

Seekers,

Great, I usually downloaded the H1 data, ok I will try the M1 data. It looks back test with EURUSD is better than GBPUSD.

Thanks

Tumir66

Results for 01.01.2012 till today period. Default parameters from the set file

Files:
pt_2.zip  20 kb

Seekers,

Great result, DD is pretty low, I think we can call it a profitable system.

Yesterday's result (EURUSD) :

- SELL @1.3174 SL 1.3194 Profit: -20 pips

- BUY @1.3194 TP 1.3234 Profit: +40 pips

- Net Profit : +20 Pips.

Believe it or not, right now trying to find when can it fail (destroy the account) Better to find that side too (if it is there)

tumir66:
Seekers,

Great result, DD is pretty low, I think we can call it a profitable system.

Yesterday's result (EURUSD) :

- SELL @1.3174 SL 1.3194 Profit: -20 pips

- BUY @1.3194 TP 1.3234 Profit: +40 pips

- Net Profit : +20 Pips.
Reason: