Big Profit Without Using Any Indicator - page 15

rifo.valas:

if you think there were not 20 pip retracements in 160 running pips in nov 06 and july 20..

I share my idea for free... i hope there are someone out there would make this EA for free. and i guarantee this method will make u smile

No true about 20 pip of retracement needed!

You might need even a 39 pips of retracement. You are WRONG at your math.

I can't believe you are so naive and ignorant.

PEOPLE, DO NOT TEST THIS STRATEGY ON REAL ACCOUNT!!!

guys,

A nice BACKTEST on GBPJPY !!!

It seems, this system has some good potentials.

Hope you can find some other nice setting like this.

Blessing Martingale_v3.mq4

Here we are again...

Next version. Error report added and way around for major problem.

Previous version did not have any checks, it could stop working proper way in case of any error in opening orders. This one is slightly better - it will give you second chance to start from the very beginning. Cos you have enough money, if you don't it will go mad :-)

Try to play with it. Try to use bigger TP - like 50 or 100 - it may reduce the risk and spread will hit you not so bad.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO USE THIS EA IN REAL TRADE.

USE IT FOR EDUCATION ONLY.

1. Martingale is dangerous.

2. This EA is not good enough for playing on real money.

tnh_z:
guys,

A nice BACKTEST on GBPJPY !!!

It seems, this system has some good potentials.

Hope you can find some other nice setting like this.

for new version :

what a big difference!!!

Files:

tnh_z:
for new version : what a big difference!!!

I was really surprized you got profit results with v2 having your settings.

That was error in EA and your luck. If you check your first report you'll see that EA stoped opening sell positions and worked only with buy fixed Lot, TP 40, no SL.

Actually, v2 and v3 has no difference in logic, just minor changes. Try to run EA in visual mode and check if it works according to the original idea.

timbobo:

That was error in EA and your luck. If you check your first report you'll see that EA stopped opening sell positions and worked only with buy fixed Lot, TP 40, no SL.

Actually, v2 and v3 has no difference in logic, just minor changes. Try to run EA in visual mode and check if it works according to the original idea.

Thanks for your expert...

I can see three things that should be modified:

1- Steps

Original rules say

[*]level 1 -0.1 lot

[*]level 2 -0.1 lot

[*]level 3 - 0.2 lots

In you expert it seems that you are using

[*]level 1- 0.1 lot

[*]level 2 - 0.2 lots

[*]level 3- 0.4 lots

2- stop loss/end of step increment

For now it seems that you stop increase the quantity of lots and close the positions with losses once you reach certain level (max 6.4 lots). Would be better to continue the increase of lots. For account protection you could have a parameter to close the opened trade to limit the losses to X% of the account...X being adjustable parameter

We would have the option to use or not the protection of account...and would allow to see/test what has been historically the max. level reached before getting the required retracement.

3- spreads

I think that if step is set to 20 then profit should be taken when these 20 pips profits are reached. For now it seems that you deduct the spreads...

Hope I was clear. if not let me know

Than you

timbobo:

That was error in EA and your luck. If you check your first report you'll see that EA stoped opening sell positions and worked only with buy fixed Lot, TP 40, no SL.

You're absolutely right !!

An acceptable backtest on EURGBP :

Files:
eurgbp_tp50.htm  52 kb

B Martingale v3

Thanks for your efforts Timbobo on v3.

Something is still very skewiff though. Ran this on tick data every which way and the charts are whacked out even though if you were to glance off the report sheet you would just think cognition is ok and the system a-la-Martingale has no hope (which may be true).

Looking at order placement on the chart however shows that the logic is still incorrect and I do firmly believe that aside from that, the only way this EA/system has a chance is to place pending orders and then adjust these constantly.

FxNorth

1. Yes, EA follows the origianl Martingale strategy - double after every loss. Changing it to what you say will make possible number of losses in a row a bit longer but reduce the profit. In general it changes nothing.

2. EA has no limitations for doubling. It stops doing that only after error with opening order, when it could not make next double (not enough money or limitations for max lot allowed) it resets itself to the first level - to the initial lot size. On graph you can see big drops in balance without return - that's it, reset to initial lot size as EA could not open next doubled order.

3. EA works with 20 points price move, so there is always price for opening order - spread, you take 20 pips move but pay one spread. If you want to see 20 pips profit in results list - just fix TP settings in EA to 20 + spread.

Reason: