Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 44

trading only with Kuskus starlight

yan7181:
i am using Interbank demo server to test DIN_KusKus_EA 2.4. The backtest is not giving any good result. What server do u guys use? Can the EA be done in such way, like the buy or sell will only be executed when Kuskus Starlight changes from negative to positive or vice versa? And there will be only one trade when the signal occur?tq. I found out that Kuskus is very accurate in 1 hour tf, and if you only buy or sell when Kuskus starlight just changes from negative to positive or another way round, basically u will have more than 80% winning trades. I only look at Kuskus starlight and Stepma_stoch.

Kuskus Starlight was replaced with Fisher_M11. If you only want to use that indicator you need to set all other switches to 0. Keep the switches for useFish set to 1 on both entry and exit. Then for only trading on the change from negative to positive turn off time filter by setting useTradingHours to false. Backtest with Fisher only does not do to well. I can only assume you are using different settings or some other rules like a lower take profit that are not found in the current ea.

thank guys,i really didnt expect to receive the answer that soon.

Hi Shinigami,

Nice to see you are still around.

If you still need some pivot indicators to get ideas from them please notify me, I have a handful copies of them.

(I think it'd better to keep this thread tidy so I would not like to post them here.)

Shinigami:
okay lets see...

The "thing" I used to get that result (I can't call that an EA because it works only in the backtest) makes great results which I can't beat. Only in backtest though.

I'm posting here the new EA I wrote. Yes, its a new EA, it doesn't use any indicators. I'm posting .ex4 so you can play around with settings, optimal ones for 2006 are defaults (optimals I found, using SL of 200 makes things even better but thats almost a suicide)

If you have any problems with it, let me know.

Dominic-chan you rock! Thanks for noticing! And sorry for being that sarcastic but thats exactly how experts work

If every time we got a new tick we tested if we crossed EMA and all other conditions, it would take years to backtest such an EA.

Instead we can use a veeeery simple thing:

if(prev_time==Time[0])

return(0);

prev_time=Time[0];

this way we would only work (open new positions, close old positions ect ect) once per bar, on the start of the new bar (seems to be the best solution I've found)

chrisstoff:
Hi Shinigami,

Nice to see you are still around.

If you still need some pivot indicators to get ideas from them please notify me, I have a handful copies of them.

(I think it'd better to keep this thread tidy so I would not like to post them here.)

chrisstoff

Don't worry you can post whatever you want, since its related to development of the EA .. if they are too many just put them on a zip file.

I found that there are some sites that we can use to upload then link the upload here, so we don't use much space on forex-tsd.com, doing that we avoid adding extra cost to the owner of forex-tsd.com

http://www.zupload.com/

http://www.imageshack.us/

Shinigami:
Especially for MiniMe

2006.08.18 - now

Results for Tenchi_v1:

risk 0,1

Drawdown 17.76%

Profit 56k

Profit factor 2.38 risk 0,08

Drawdown 14.35%

Profit 37,5k

PF 2.49

85% winning, 8 wins in a row, 1 loss in a row (average)

I am not sure how Tenchi_v1 works but now when fister==0 and MA 24 & 50 crossed, HMA=0, then I got two future trades, sell and buy stop. interesting

-------

the first order sell stop was placed and the second order buy limit is still there and is not cancelled !!!

------

Now its cancelled after the first position start to make some pips

closing positions on start of new bar

Shinigami:
okay lets see...

Instead we can use a veeeery simple thing:

if(prev_time==Time[0])

return(0);

prev_time=Time[0];

this way we would only work (open new positions, close old positions ect ect) once per bar, on the start of the new bar (seems to be the best solution I've found)

This method is already built in to most of my EAs by checking exit signal from prior closed bar. This is the same method that is done to open new positions.

The signals from the indicators are checked for the most recent closed bar.

Checking time of bar does have one advantage in that it would speed up testing by only checking indicators at the start of each new bar instead of every simulated tick.

However when I run backtest on 1 minute timeframe with signals on 30 minute time frame there is not much savings.

Robert

MrPip:
This method is already built in to most of my EAs by checking exit signal from prior closed bar. This is the same method that is done to open new positions.

The signals from the indicators are checked for the most recent closed bar.

Checking time of bar does have one advantage in that it would speed up testing by only checking indicators at the start of each new bar instead of every simulated tick.

However when I run backtest on 1 minute timeframe with signals on 30 minute time frame there is not much savings.

Robert

Run check for signals every 30 minutes and open/close positions on closed bars only. You can trail on M1 or M5 or every tick. As for me, I only open positions twice a day and trail every tick. And it already takes a while to run a test on a year's history. If I find a way to make experts run faster, I'll let you know!

Robert,

v1.8 has amazing responce and clear entry and exit points.

But the Damiani_volatmeter seems not to filter the trend as the 1.8 takes every signal and trade it.

this is one day test I am still running all the EAs for testing on live account.

version 1.8

MiniMe:
Robert,

v1.8 has amazing responce and clear entry and exit points.

But the Damiani_volatmeter seems not to filter the trend as the 1.8 takes every signal and trade it.

this is one day test I am still running all the EAs for testing on live account.

Make sure the setings in the Damiani indicator are the same as those in the EA. Aslo check that the switch is turned on (set to 1) for useDamianiFilter.

The version of Damiani I am using is the one posted with the EA.

I did not forward test as I already have other EAs running.

Robert

Reason: