Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 66

Delay trades after a loss

I have a quick question. I have written the code to delay after a loss but I think some people also wanted a delay after a win.

If this is true let me know and I will add code for that condition as well.

My concern is when the trade moves huge you will lose a second winning trade.

The way I have written the code allows for a value in minutes for the delay after a loss. The default delay is set for 180 minutes. That way if the loss is in one session no trades will be placed until the next session. If you want to wait a day or more it will be necessary to rewrite to check current time so that the next asian session is not missed.

Robert

MrPip:
I have a quick question. I have written the code to delay after a loss but I think some people also wanted a delay after a win.

The way I have written the code allows for a value in minutes for the delay after a loss. The default delay is set for 180 minutes. That way if the loss is in one session no trades will be placed until the next session. If you want to wait a day or more it will be necessary to rewrite to check current time so that the next asian session is not missed.

Robert

I won the second trade only once and lost after a winner several times. So, I think best would be if the trader were able to select whether he wants a break even after a winner or just after a loser.

New version 2.6 with delay

I am posting version 2.6 with the delay feature added in the message linked from the first message.

If useDelay is set to true the delay will be used.

If useDelayAfterWin is set to 0 delay will occur only after a loss.

If useDelayAfterWin is set to 1 the delay will also be used after a win.

For this condition both must be set to 1.

The default delay is 180 minutes.

On backtest the code works correctly.

There is no version 2.5. I am using that version number to test new ideas.

Robert

MrPip:

Robert

You are right a delay should be after win and after loss, cause after a win trade the DIN open another position in the same direction

MrPip:
I am posting version 2.6 with the delay feature added in the message linked from the first message.

If useDelay is set to true the delay will be used.

If useDelayAfterWin is set to 0 delay will occur only after a loss.

If useDelayAfterWin is set to 1 the delay will also be used after a win.

For this condition both must be set to 1.

The default delay is 180 minutes.

On backtest the code works correctly.

There is no version 2.5. I am using that version number to test new ideas.

Robert

Thank you, Robert! I have downloaded the EA and will test it.

MiniMe:
there is a indicator that is called waddah attar indicator on your screen ( the second one from down) , which is not used in the EA you can even remove it from the chart, or from the indicator setting go to alertcount and set it to zero.

Ok, thanks.

@MrPip - Does DIN 2.6 included the fixes that MiniMe addressed?;

"Default setting on GBP/US works best, however forword live testing i found that when the EA lose a position, it lose another one after it (so losses comes in pairs ) also when closing a profitable position it opens another one which sometimes cause a loss, till these isssues are fixed I wont recomend for you to trade this EA, the developer is on vacation Mrpip, and he mostly busy, I hope he will find the time to look into these issues

Regards,

Alan"

I would like to start testing this again Thanks

Din 2.6 delay method

I thought I made that clear in the message.

The input useDelay is a switch. When set to 1 the switch is turned on.

When the switch is turned on no trades will be placed for the number of minutes you input if the last trade was a loss. The time is taken from the close of the trade. Default time is 3 hours (180 minutes).

If you want to also delay after a win you must turn on the switch useDelayAfterWin.

The EA will then delay 3 hours from the close of the last trade, win or loss is not checked, only the time of the close.

This works on backtest and I hope will also work on forward test. It looks at the trade history so if the closed trade is not yet in Trade History there could be a problem.

I do not think that will happen because I have used this delay method on other EAs.

Robert

Ok, thank you.

I'll have to re-read what the problem was as I didn't really understand it

Also, how close does DIN follow what Dolly_Graphics is saying? If you see pic, Dolly says trade is in Sell area but DIN didn't place the trade. I don't understand it fully so maybe this is fine Just need a little clarity

Files:
din_dolly.jpg  145 kb

din 2.6

matrixebiz,

You need to read the description of this method and possibly the entire thread. It is a combination of 3 different systems. Dolly is just part of it. I do not know how much of Dolly is in the current EA. I coded it to use what was defined at the start of the project and added enhancements along the way to the current version.

I do not want to spend time explaining this further, That I leave to others in the group or you can do your own homework and read the thread.

Robert

MrPip:
matrixebiz,

You need to read the description of this method and possibly the entire thread. It is a combination of 3 different systems. Dolly is just part of it. I do not know how much of Dolly is in the current EA. I coded it to use what was defined at the start of the project and added enhancements along the way to the current version.

I do not want to spend time explaining this further, That I leave to others in the group or you can do your own homework and read the thread.

Robert

Ok, no problem. It's been a while since I looked at these systems so I'll just re-read them again. I thought the EA was still based on the original system and when the price got into Dolly's (WSS clone) Buy or Sell areas then a trade was made. I just thought all the extra systems and indicators incorporated into DIN just made the EA more accurate in reading into Buy and Sell areas and placing the trade at the correct time within. Thanks for all your work on this system or systems

Reason: